what season did this fall off?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1MnKf2Kp3dk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

At the very same moment Michael left.

/thread
heil hitler dubs friend

Anytime Catherine Tate was on screen, I wanted God to end me

What was the worst part about prison, Prison Mike?

It was always Reddit: The Show.

once Jim was a punching bag in every single episode, so... season 2/3ish? sometime around then

slowly making dwight the main protagonist. so stupid.

bj manlet really must hate krasinski

waaaaaay before that. are you kidding me? around the end of season 3

Whatever season it was when he hired a bouncy castle and was going to kill himself. It took a turn for the surreal. David Brent was ridiculous but he was believable. Michael Scott was at first but eventually turned into a cartoon.

agreed, could not stand the replacement.

It was hard to watch when michael was an autist asshole, but then around season 5 when they completely changed his character to make him sympathetic. That's when it jumped the shark.

Brainlets claim it is when michael left, but that actually improved the show.

Workplace Safety was pure kino you little pleb

the best part of the show was krasinski, the way he reacted to dwight's autism was gold.

ignorant slut

Only the final season is bad, but the last few episodes are still great. However, I would actually argue it takes a very noticeable turn with season 4. Not that it became bad because it didn't, but that is when it started to become less realistic and grounded and chafed against it's humble setting with absurdity and a more regular use of taking the characters outside the office on a lot of trips and their post-work hours personal lives. Seasons 2 and 3 are when it is at its absolute comfiest, though it is prime comfy all the way through. I've watched through it at least a dozen times because it helps me sleep. Same with all the Star Trek series.

>Peak Office
Season 1-3
>Great
Season 4-5
>Ok
Season 6-Michael Leaving in Season 7
>Shit
No Michael Season 7 to Season 9

what makes you think you'd rather see a huge chad with autism, than just a regular guy with autism.

Perfect: 1-3
Good: 4
Shit: 5-9

Peaked in 2/3. Went downhill slowly after. Jumped off a cliff once Will Ferrell showed up and Michael left.

any show with 9 seasons has at least 2 season that aren't good. rule of thumb or rule of kino since dubs.
>mfw cuckcha has chan in it

wasn't he in like 1 or 2 episodes

>t. pleb

Season 1 was the kickstart. Solid episodes that rank among the high end of the show. Season 2 is probably the best with the most memorable episodes and great chemistry between Pam and Jim. This carries over to season 3 to a slightly lesser degree. 4 also has some very strong episodes. 5 is when things start declining. 6 is forgettable, with few episodes that can stand up to much scrutiny these days. 7 is mostly devoid of fun, with the only standout moment being the emotional sections in "Goodbye Michael." 8 is unwatchable, with Robert California/Sabre murdering the show and bringing on too many unlikable characters. 9 is the worst of a bad lot (in terms of later seasons), which becomes worthwhile only during the finale.

TLDR:
1-3: Excellent (best in the show without much debate)
4: Very good
5: Good
6: Mediocre, forgettable
7: In decline, poor
8: Bad
9: Abominable

I don't care what anyone says, I fucking love season 8. Robert California is utterly incredible and it has a lot of really comfy episodes (the pool party, the Florida arc, the garden party, etc).

are you...just disabled?

>*jim looks at the camera and makes silly reaction.gif face*
>the redditor convulses in laughter

the writers ruined him. every single episode he was in a situation where he was the bad guy. the viewer wanted him to be the good guy, but the writers constantly shat on him

>I fucking love season 8

memes aside he was a good way to react to dwights tism
that didnt really happen till micheal left. he was just a way for gags

NEVER FEAR

THE JENNAPOSTERS ARE HERE!

This T B H F A M

Once you realized the entire show was the rest of the cast feeding of Michael's shenanigans it wasn't much else after he left.

POST A CLOSE-UP SHOT OF HER ANUS

When are you going to realize that reaction image is never going to take off?

Why be lewd

Is she still in love with Krasinski?

After Jan left. Her arc was great.

No I'm not who said that? Did Jim say that?

>not loving Robert California

The last few seasons have kino moments, but every character was eventually ruined. I still laugh when Will Ferrel dunks on the goal in the warehouse and comes back in the hospital gown.

It's not that I love Robert California, I just love James Spader and his brand of slightly creepy erotisism that he's had throughout his entire career.

What other actors are like Spader that exude that personality?

Spader

>Sex Lies and Video Tape
>Crash
>Secretary
>Probably half a dozen others that I don't know

I don't think there is one user.

Therefore James Spader really is a national treasure and everything he touches is gold

I think it's around when Toby leaves for Costa Rica or when Jim and Pam get together.

This guy doesn't Michael Scott's Dunder Mifflin Scranton Meredith Palmer Memorial Celebrity Rabies Awareness Pro-Am Fun Run Race for the Cure

I will NEVER not be mad at how they destroyed Andy in the final season and broke him and Erin up. Pure character assassination and total bullshit after how much they invested into making those characters work and redeeming Andy.

Whenever Stamford merged with Scranton, things fell off a bit because Andy is a little too much at first, but it's still good tv. When Michael left, what else was there to have a show about? No one wanted to see what happened to Jim and Pam after they were married, and all the other characters weren't strong enough to carry the show.

Two.

Season 5 was when everyone began to be Flanderized, so, then. Michael being ignorant and aloof is one thing. Michael being straight up retarded is not even funny.

Kevin Malone becoming straight retarded....

How was Erin ever supposed to get with Plop? Andy was Too old for her

When Pam and Jim got together. The driving plotline was resolved and all momentum was halted and they scrambled to come up with someone to replace it.
It's the problem of the "will they or won't they?" scenarios in shows. That's not to say there wasn't a funny joke or episode here and there, but it's just not the same

>Ed Helms: Born 1974
>Ellie Kemper: Born 1980
You've never had an adult relationship, have you?

Did they go too far?

The worst part about prisons... are the dementors

for some reason I noticed a lot of the later episodes focused on dancing. I literally said aloud to myself "what the hell am I watching?"

They honestly did. Every time I think of that episode it makes me wince. It's so perfect for Michael as a character but the circumstance end expectation is so real it's almost tragic.

This is accurate. I have some respect for season 6 though

No, because I understand it's a tv show and made up and not real.

>lack of empathy
>states the obvious as if it's insightful
We used to have homes for people like you.

Garbage episode. Epitomizes NBC's overbearing agenda pushing of the early Obama years just for the sake of sending a message that white people somehow owe random black people things like free college education.

>reddit

This pissed me off too. Not the Erin part because Erin was always shit but what they did with Andy. They paralleled him to Micheal to be that boss who see the merit in all his workers. Then they shit him up with that boat bullcrap and he magically becomes a stupendous asshole. Even pre anger management Andy wasn't that much of an ass.

The finale was kind of shit too and worse was they brought Micheal back only only gave him a line.

Literally this. Easy answer.

>Brainlets claim it is when michael left, but that actually improved the show.
this is just you being a massive contrarian right? do people actually believe that The Office was better WITHOUT Steve Carell?

And why was Jim all of a sudden best friends w Dwight? That always bothered me.

tanks Andy

S1EP1

Me too

They were always kind of friends and slowly grew to truly like and respect each other over the years. By the end of the Florida arc in season 8, they were full blown friends. Not farfetched or weird by any means in my opinion.

Don't know which season but I distinctly remember it being 2009. I stopped giving at shit by 2011.

the gaba...gool...

Enough to be best man? Nah.

Season 5 the paradigm changed to mediocre, but it truly fell off at this moment.

What I say every time. Show should of just ended.

The relationship was different by that point but they were unusually positive and happy with each other in that season.

3 = 2 > 5 > 1 > 4 > 7 > 6 >>>> 9 > 8
funniest season: 5
most well written season: 2
best character relationships: 3

the gruel omelettes

do you seriously expect me not to push you up the wall BEEYOTCH

Reminder this show was just about men getting cucked left and right.

Andy was always a bad character. He just got worst as the seasons went on

youtube.com/watch?v=1MnKf2Kp3dk

Steve Carrel is such an incredible actor, his facial expressions at the end of this are fucking priceless. The writing got pretty weak as the show went on, but Michael Scott could carry pretty much any material.

I can tell you the last episode I saw was when Michael couldn't understand the GPS in his car and drove it straight into a lake.

Why did Toby get such a bad rap here? No friends, no family, he was cucked by Jim, his advances on that British woman were rejected, and then at the end, he was fired.

>Copyrighted shit

mega faggot.

Did they ever explain why Michael hated Toby so much?

Absolute travesty he never won an Emmy.

I don't think so. What's even worse is that he became hated by both Jim (during his temporary stint as 'manager' in Survivor Man) and Andy (when he became manager during season 8). I don't see anything to hate about Toby.

When they decided to make an American spin-off of a British comedy. Name a good American spin-off of a British comedy that wasn't reddit humor or based solely on cringe.

Toby was HR. He technically worked for corporate and basically was a party pooper for Micheal. He was the same way with Holly when she first showed up until she made a joke at Toby's expense.

The American version was superior in every way. Much like the countries themselves.

Whose Line Is It Anyway

/thread

you fucking nigger

this.

"goodbye michael" is the series finale.

he was really good at doing that face. it was like having a trickster god disguised as an office worker specifically to torment dwight

this show holds up on repeat viewings (til michael left), but it's painful to go through the jim/pam will-they-or-won't-they again and again. it makes roy just insufferable because you already know he's going to be an unlikeable dickhead the whole show and lose pam to jim. you just want to shove them offscreen to fuck already once you know the whole time they will get married and have babies

man after watching the american show, the original is so disappointing. british people are seriously fucking ugly jesus christ

In prison you would be da bell of da ball

I will never understand the love for the finale. It was such contrived bullshit and didn't have any of the "realism" of the original dynamics found in the earlier seasons.