What this show is really about

The "Stargate" is just a TV vagina. There is a red button in front of it that is pushed to make it go kawoosh, and Earth at first had to "MacGyver" a solution to make it work. When one enters it one goes into "outer space".

The reaction of the characters to it is telling:
In "Children of the Gods":
Female airman:
>Whatever it is under the tarp, I just…saw it move or do something
Male airman:
>Probably the only thing it ever did was cost money

In the SGU premiere:
Eli, the video gaming nerd:
>Unbelievable
Scott
>It's weird how fast you can start to take something like this for granted.

don't for get the SGU tits.

I wouldn't mind one last jaunt through the old orifice

that one bitch had some nice tits

SGU was desiged to bring in the female audance by focal ing on character drama about who is Fucking who and people being sad because they miss other people.

Sadly it did notake for good sci-fi then crashed and burNed with no survivors.

Now we will never get more Stargate and all because the writers were fucktards.

Christ... they sag to her bellybutton.

I am still angry at you people.

I will be angry to the day I die.

Around the time this was cancelled so was the terminator tv show and doll house. Why? Because you endlessly bitched about all three shows on their message boards. You just wouldn't stop shit posting about it. Saying it wasn't true Stargate. What that really means is you were mad Atlantis was cancelled.

The greatest joy of my life was finding out that there would never be an Atlantis movie. Just so you know the pain you caused me when we went from Stargate Universe to Wrestling in the timeslot.

>pic related, not enough power you giant fags!

>he actually liked sgu

this
you bunch of faggots, sgu got good s2 if you had left it alone we would have gotten a great s3 and maybe a sg atlantis movie too, you killed sg feel bad

I thought it was an adaptation of Tau Zero.

Why are you mad at us? Network executives didn't give two shits about Sup Forums, or even social media, back in 2010 or 2012 when SGU was running. Besides, this was back in the day when SciFi got rebranded to SyFy and they were airing WRASSLING. It was DoA in any case.

Even if season 2 wasn't that bad, it didn't help that the first season of SGU is absolute shit. It was nothing bit shitty soap opera arcs on Earth (despite the fact they were across the universe), pushing shitty characters nobody liked, and poorly emulating BSG with psuedo-drama and deep philosophical themes, inflated with musical montages for that extra fluff emotion. Robert Carlyle carried that first season on his back. Second season might've been better but that isn't saying much.

You two fucks probably weren't even around Sup Forums when there were SGU threads, so stop whining as if anyone but the shit showrunners and shit network suits are to blame for you being so butthurt.

yes I was, and I still blame you, you didn't give it a chance and you killed stargate, these are facts

Only reason to get mad is that we never got to see more tetas like these

And crazy carlyle, who was like mckay only much better, I miss coffee deprived carlyle

SGU tried to blend SG and BSG into SyFy's new hit...meh results from it

>SGU causes Atlantis to be cancelled
>SGU proceeds to be a shitty BSG clone
>SGU is shit and gets cancelled
No, SGU killed Stargate, friend.
This. It was derivative bullshit that failed at being Stargate and failed at being BSG. It did have it's good aspects but it wasn't enough to offset the shittiness.

I can't really argue with this, I still wish people had given it a bit more of a chance and carlyle really was a great character, lou diamond phillips to, but I would have much rather had atlantis s6 so yea I guess in the end for that if nothing else, fuck sgu

I love everything Stargate. SGU while following a differnt path that SG1 and SGA, had its merits. I actually liked that they didn't follow the same Formula like they did in SG1 and SGA.

One of the things that caught my Attention with SGU was how they handled specific Sci-Fi Tropes. Ya, they did a few of them in their episodes, but the one episode that I watched and took SGU up a permant notch was "Time", Season 1 Episode 8. A play on the classic Time Loop. They discover they have allready visited the planet, and died. They take action to not have the same fate. The beauty is the fact they didn't resort to showing the "Perfect Run" and how they ended the episode makes it one of my favorite Stargate Episodes ever.

At least Origins will be good

they were fucking with sci-fi tropes from day one, shit like
>sam: it'll take 4 hours
>hammond: you have 2
>sam: ah no it'll take four hours, it doesn't work like that