ITT: Kinoes the Alt-Right will never get

ITT: Kinoes the Alt-Right will never get

Are you a womyn from r*ddit?

Fight club

>people think this movie is pro-fascism
>basically every character is retarded, especially the mobile infantry
people just don't get verhoeven, my dude. also thanks for getting dubs so i could use this.

I'm pretty sure the "people don't get Starship Troopers" meme is just propagated by smug Redditors who like to feel superior. It's not exactly the subtlest movie. When Rico signs up the recruiter proclaims that the mobile infantry "made him the man he is today" as the camera reveals he has one arm and no legs.

You just have to look at Verhoeven's Robocop to get the satirical context necessary to watch Starship Troopers.

Did the Arachnids even actually attack Buenos Aires, or was it a false-flag by the Federation?

that's exactly my point. when it first came out, people saw the imagery and thought "omg they're nazis". this movie blatantly shits on brainwashing and propaganda.

Everything he's ever made has had at least an element of it, but it's most prominent in those two and Showgirls.

The movie itself makes more sense as an in-Movie Propaganda Movie.

>people think its satire
>teacher at the beginning makes some of the best points ever made about how weak leftists are

>extraordinarily stupid people saw the imagery and thought "omg they're nazis"

Bug plasma can't direct and target a giant asteroid and a militaristic society can't thrive unless they're at war.

>Bug plasma can't direct and target a giant asteroid

I always assumed the brain bugs could do just that

Nevermind, I guess there actually are retards who think it isn't satire despite the writer, director and everyone involved in the production confirming that it is.

/thread

they might have intended it to be, but they failed

You're enlisted in the military then, right?

Nope. Actually work for the Defense Industry oddly enough. There isn't any real war to fight at the moment.

no argument here. it did poorly at the box office and shit on by critics, and 15 years later it was voted the 20th best movie of the 90s. suddenly people got the joke.

>ITT: Kinoes the Alt-Right will never get
Literally any film that requires critical thinking.

>All right, let's sum up. This year we explored the failure of democracy. How our social scientists brought our world to the brink of chaos. We talked about the veterans, how they took control and established the stability that has lasted for generations since. You know these facts, but have I taught you anything of value this year?

>Something given has no value. When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence. The supreme authority from which all other authorities are derived.

>Naked force has resolved more conflicts throughout history than any other factor. The contrary opinion, that violence doesn't solve anything, is wishful thinking at its worst. People who forget that always die.

KINO

Leftist post-modernists are always rambling on about relativity, subjectivity, death of the author. So tell me how lauding this movie as an entertaining pro-fascism film is "wrong" in any way? It doesn't matter what the intention was. And willfully ignoring that intent is not equivalent to being ignorant of that intent.

Just like interpreting They Live as being a commentary about the Zionist Occupation Government is no more or less valid than Carpenter's statements on the message of the film.

prove me wrong, you can't... because the very nature of your Jew endorsed "intellectualism" and post-modernist, relativist outlooks means there is no right or wrong interpretation :^)

>Source material is heavily pro-fascist
>Verhoeven thinks it's fucking stupid
>Decides to rewrite the whole thing as anti-fascist satire

Kino

>anti-fascist satire
that glorifies fascism

BRAVO VERHOEVEN BRAVO

Because the idea that Starship Troopers is pro-fascism is an asinine, surface level reading of the film that is contradicted by the text.

... from a certain point of view. Remember the only truth is that there is no truth, goy.

What is your stance on illegal immigration?

It's difficult to disagree with him, although you do win more flies with honey than naked force.

>one of those mentally unstable posters who switches from shit grammar to perfect grammar one post to the next while throwing out "my dad works for Nintendo" tier lines
>these are the people you post with

You can believe that Starship Troopers is a fascist, pro-militaristic movie if you'd like, but your view is in direct contrast with what's presented in the film.

go back to your subreddit

>Failing to understand what satire is and missing the point the author was conveying is me elevating myself.

epic retort
capped for future bants

Until bugs, then it becames fascism land.

This.

need some ideas for a 2 minute video for my film studies class, any ideas?

>with what's presented in the film.
the glorification of fascism? No where in the film does it level even a slight bit of criticism.

O MY GOD YOURE ALL TALKING OUT OF YOUR ASSES WELL THATS Sup Forums FOR YOU WHY EVEN BOTHER POSTING RIGHT, JUST GONNA HATE THE JEWS CUS YOURE ALL COOL KIDS

>propaganda
>pro-fascism
it's just an exploration of a fictional society

This is flat out incorrect, and embarrassing. Try looking at the media you consume with a critical eye.

Let in the sneeds but not the chucks.

Amazing some people can post here while remaining relatively normie while other go completely off the deep end.

They Live is a critique on modern capitalism and ideology, Zizek made a documentary about it.
John Nada represents the common working class, putting on the special glasses represents recognizing the false ideologies, and taking up arms against them of course represents a revolution among the workers.

att the very begininng of the film when the audience is inforemd that only someone who serves in the military has the right to vote

these things happen in authoritarian fascist societies my silly little /r/The_Donald browser

You can miss the entire point of the movie and justify that with some bullshit "death of the author" posturing, but you're factually wrong.

next you'll be claiming antifa aren't fascists

b8?

>that only someone who serves in the military has the right to vote

That isn't a criticism. That's just a good idea.

in the book, citizens are anyone who directly contributes to the society. This can be military service, volunteering, civil service, etc. The point is that only people who sacrifice for the good of the collective should be allowed to dictate what happens in the collective. Civilians (non-voters) have the same amount of rights, they just cannot vote on policy. The military is a volunteer force and they use robot suits like in Starcraft.

Everybody knows that. There's literally nothing about Jews mentioned or alluded in the film, and the Zionist Occupation reading only works if you bring that in with you.

I actually believe all of this, no one can prove other wise

BTFO

This movie was very poorly done anyway. The novel it was based on was not satirical of anything, and the author was a libertarian.

>in the book
Irrelevant.

So who violated the NAP, the Humans or the Bugs?

>he thinks this is a criticism

bugs dont have rights. they aren't people and need to be exterminated.

>it doesn't count if I say it doesn't count!
You'll find many people criticizing the book as pro-fascist when it is not fascist, just as you'll find people criticizing the movie for being pro-fascist even though it is satire.

That's not what he is saying, his interpretation is just as valid as yours because authorial intent does not matter in the post modern world view. A view which is bullshit and must be torn out by the roots.

but as an American man I only have rights as a citizen if I accept my registration for selective service... I guess it's not "fascism" because women get all those rights without that requirement tho :^)

daily reminder you are expected to be willing to be sent off to some third world shithole and die for your country if they demand it of you in order for you to enjoy the benefits of your citizenship, but Stacy down the street enjoys all the same privileges with nothing of the sort asked of her

giving women the right to vote was a mistake, prove me wrong

this and they live

just because a movie shows fascism doesn't make it pro-fascism
just because a movie shows fascism doesn't make it satire

>t. faggot cultivating their online "personality"

Wait wut?

The end of the movie it's just kill bugs in a completely justified manner because they are soldiers and such, if you fail to see the triumph of conservatism in it, you are looking at another movie.

>That's just a good idea.
Ofc it is
its a great idea for someone in charge to control the populace completely and fool it into doing what he wants
>in the book
kys cuck-o

That's exactly what happened. Verhoeven and his crew set out to make the Austin Powers of fascist propaganda and not one major film reviewer got the joke.

We're talking about the movie, though. Verhoeven thought the book was trash and intentionally subverted it, so the ideals it espouses are not relevant to the conversation. I do agree with you, though, Heinlen's book wasn't exactly fascist and didn't even necessarily represent his own values. He also wrote Stranger in a Strange Land after all.

>and not one major film reviewer got the joke.
or just failed completely

Starship Troopers was written with the intention that the society was fascist and functioned. Just like how alien is written with the intention that the society is a total corpocracy and functions. Just like how 1984 is written as a totalitarian society that manages to sustain and function.

Because you can do that in movies and novels, you can make things happen to support the concept to advance your story.

>for someone in charge
you mean the guy that people voted for and can vote out of office if they want?

Again - evaluate the media you consume with a critical eye. The whole film is rife with subtext, and the only way the pro-fascism view is at all tenable is if you ignore all of it.

Why are fascists always so bad at understanding satire?

>The whole film is rife with subtext,
LOL WHERE

>anyone who directly contributes to the society
Not exactly. In the book you needed to perform civic duty, which pretty much means "work for the state." like government workers, police, the DMV, etc.
Mobile Infantry was one of the easier ways to satisfy that requirement. In the book though they did everything they could to discourage enlistment and drum people out because it cost a lot to train and maintain the army and the war with the bug doesn't start until almost half way through the book.

Well that's not true. Off the top of my head, Ignatiy got it and I'm sure plenty of other contemporary critics familiar with Verhoeven did too.

>leftists in this thread would have surrendered to the bugs and invited them into their multicultural world to suck the brains of their wives and daughters

go to bed fucktard

>surrendered to the bugs
Buenos Aires was a false flag. The bugs had nothing to gain by attacking a technologically superior foe who had mastered space travel. The "leftists" (false equivolency - not everyone who disagrees with fascism is a "leftist") wouldn't have had to do anything, because there never would've been a war with the bugs.

>Buenos Aires was a false flag.
Proofs?

Verhoeven didn't even read the book, so we can't really call his criticism of it valid.
>working for the government isn't directly contributing to the society
In Heinlein's world, the government was a central authority in how the society functioned.

>Democracy often works beautifully at first. But once a state extends the franchise to every warm body, be he producer or parasite, that day marks the beginning of the end of the state. For when the plebs discover that they can vote themselves bread and circuses without limit and that the productive members of the body politic cannot stop them, they will do so, until the state bleeds to death, or in its weakened condition the state succumbs to an invader--the barbarians enter Rome.

In the movie the bugs literally did nothing wrong. Buenos Aires was an inside job, and the only human colony they attack is the mormons who tried to settle a planet in bug space.

The meteor that smashed Buenos Aires couldn't have come from the bug planet.
The Klendatu asteroid belt is so far away that even if one of the bugs had knocked it out of orbit towards us somehow, it'd take the rock literally a million years to reach our solar system

the meteor was shot out of orbit by bug plasma that enveloped it in a warp field allowing it to travel at ftl speeds

I've actually liked it less as I've gotten older. Once the fun factor starts to wear thin, all your left with is bad acting, dated CGI, and Doogie Howser.

The asteroid comes out of fucking warp space. The bugs dont have FTL. They colonize by shooting spores through space.
Also the movie shows bug space literally on the other side of the galaxy.

>people think this movie is pro-fascism
Who? Who is this retarded?

right-wingers

Why would those with the right to vote do that?
Why would they vote out the guy that gave them citizenship and everything that goes with that?
Even if someone is going against the regime, he can just be sent out to a new war where the probability of his death is high

And the fact that the audience is never sure whether the bug attack was actually the work of the bugs, shows that this regime would very probably stoop to directly killing its own people

Oh and also the propaganda thats being pushed in school, media and the entire society that glorifies the goverment and its jingoistic policies, ensures that it will be highly unlikely that someone is going to raise a voice against them

.you stupid fucking redneck subhuman

>t. faggot who is only capable of hivemind """personality"""

>Who is this retarded?
Sup Forums

That metaphor isn't apt, the Roman Republic wasn't a democracy as we understand it, and by the time of the fall it had been ruled by emperors for centuries. Bread and circuses were a tool the politicians used to pad their popularity and pacify the urban crowd, which was largely made up of idle poor who had no opportunities because of the stagnant nature of the Roman economy and monopolization by the wealthy.

People in this thread apparently.

>implying it's not liberals claiming this shit
>implying they haven't claimed 300 was pro-fascist

>getting this triggered
go back you leftist faggot

>the alt right doesnt understand starship troopers
>a movie about fighting commie bugs

is this a new form of bait?