Why Brits, France, Germany defense costs is so high?

Why Brits, France, Germany defense costs is so high?
Their neighbors are all EU friends.
Nobody invade their cities.

Other urls found in this thread:

rt.com/business/405782-saudi-buy-russia-s-400/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The enemy is already inside

It's not like the US is terrified of the military threat of Canada and Mexico, friend

The neighbour-argument isn't part of it.

>Saudi Arabia
What?Why do they spend more on defense than Russia and India?

maybe they bought Murrikan high tech weapons and fighters.

But why
It's not like they're surrounded by enemies. Are they really that scared of Iran?

rather, germany's defense budget is small for its size of economy and so is japan.
uk and france are quite normal.

why korea is no.10

i dont understond

I don't know why.
Maybe they wanted to buy weapons because of Iran - Saudi thing

I'm more concerned with Britain having a large foreign aid budget when some of it can be put into defence spending.

Because they have lots of money and by buying American military stuff they are basically buying America's support and protection.
And there is honestly nothing bad about it at all as long as Saudis don't use those weapons to kill Yemeni kids.

Overseas interests.

France for examples has troops all around the world and have combat troops fighting in Africa

I’m concerned why we have such a huge foreign aid budget, when we could use it for more important things. Most of the countries we send foreign aid to burn us anyways.

>and have combat troops fighting in Africa

And Britain needs a big defence budget to transport those French troops and heavy armoured vehicles because their airforce lack the heavy-lift capability. We all stick together.

Having G*rmany as neighbor is threat. Thanks god, we have a good ally to protect us, America.

>foreign aid budget
foreign aid is directly responsible for maintaining a despot as a dictator in a poor countries and you are actively suppporting it.

the terrorism you are referring to is by private players (not true in case of Pakistan).

USA, UK and France are greatest allies.
UK and America have special relationship.

It's for puppet states Bruh.

Just stay away from Estonia m8.

>UK and America have special relationship.
my favourite meme

France,
Didn't You guys accepte German apology??

He's of course being facetious.

or what

i would too,iran is being backed by russia and china so if hell breaks loose you can bet your ass that china and russia gonna help iran out for their fair share of saudi oil

nous t'aimons

But we do.

We also have a special relationship with you too :)

Saudi Arabia so stronk?

Your mouth smell like shit even miles away. Wash your fucking mouth, is not the fuking eight o'clock in the morning.

They spend the money but I doubt they even know how to operate that shit. They probably just want to spend money to appear like they are prepared to scare Iran

>iran is being backed by russia
Putin would back whoever pays him, Ivan.
rt.com/business/405782-saudi-buy-russia-s-400/

Rude

Don’t bully my friend UK >:(

Germany has a tiny force, but spends huge ammounts. Mainly all the money goes to retarded administration.

maybe I think Europeans afraid of Russians.
Every Western countries can't believe Your country

Why did Russian media show a video of nukes falling on our state of Florida? You know many Russians live in this state right?

In Miami, there is a neighborhood called Little Odessa which is full of your Slavic brethren. Plus, Russian qts go there to have anchor babies

Considering half of europe was occupied by Russians for 50 years, it makes sense.

>Why did Russian media show a video of nukes falling on our state of Florida?

For humanitarian reasons. They're fighting Zika.

it's not so much about buying weapons, as paying rent for security. they traditionally pay us

:0

We need to increase it 2bh. Follow our Gav's advice.

You should increase your toothpaste budget.

As long as you have ramps you will allways be carrierlets Nigel, no matter how much you spend.

She still probably gets sex weekly

we rly need to spend more on it, russia is getting frisky

The video shows how that new rocket can circumvent enemy's anti-missile systems, and Florida just happens to stand out of the US mainland and is therefore protected by large anount of those defense systems and submarines. So it's basically just to show that there is nothing that can stop it.

Together we can overcome all.

You don't understand doctrine.

This. Or russians will cut your undersea cables.

You really need to teach your soldiers to turn off Tinder too

It's lower than UK's and Germany's when you take their population into account.

>She still probably gets sex weekly

Thanks to Paki immigrants. Though I would assume going from goats to British slags is kind of a downgrade.

Why are Swedish subs so qt?

Its just /k/-bants. The QE class makes perfect sense for you actually.

That chart doesnt represent real size tho.

Expect another general in the paper calling for increases tomorrow. I am 99% sure that the budget will go up this year. Too much shit has been happening for it not to.

The JEF is such a meme.

The Royal Navy are always out and about on humanitarian missions like hurricane relief, yet that comes out of the defence budget when it should be the foreign aid one.

Foreign aid is a vital expense in maintaining diplomatic influence over third world countries.

They don’t need the endurance or range as other countries. They don’t have far to travel

>their airforce lack the heavy-lift capability
But that's wrong you retard

It represents usefulness.

If they are spending all that money why were German's using broomsticks instead of machine guns?

We will SWEEP the enemy off their feet

Hmm, perhaps that might be foreign aid, although I feel like it comes out of our defense budget for us

You mad bro?

Wich, again, is down to doctrine. You dont need long range when your only credible threat is just next to you.

The war in Yemen. Mercenaries are expensive, as is the maintenance of bombers. Read about the American and Colombian mercs that Saudis are hiring to do the dirty work in Yemen.

Have you finally got transport planes that can fly your armoured vehicles to Africa now? Which ones?

Well it is true tho that the US and UK sent airlift aircraft to move French troops to Mali during the war. I know we also sent KC-135s to help refuel your Rafales so you could remove many kebabs

Google it lad

It definitely helps towards soft power.

Just did, they have 13 A-400M?

You're welcome, Frenchbros.

Not big enough for certain equipment.

Obviously not, since they needed help...

It wasn't even needed, we have a fucking fleet of A400M for transport and refueling.

Were you all too young to remember how was the Mali war at the start ? The C-17 the brits sent us weren't even used.

But we did do it tho

I don't understand what you mean m8. RAF C-17's transported French armoured vehicles and other equipment to Mali. This happened.

Well, it is a good bit bigger than the one of the UK, for example.
Soldiers:
>Germany: 176,800
>UK: 152,350

Not sure how many of these 176,800 are really "soldiers", but the administration is not part of this number, but there are 96.600 civilians working for the Bundeswehr.

It happened, but not because we lack anything. It happened because you wankers paid for it.

Isn't the bundeswehr so underfunded they have to strain with sticks ?

But it did happen. It’s not a problem of course, as we are good friends. Friends help each other. But it did happen tho

Ramps are NOT for bullying.

No retard, that's true and I'm well placed to know it.

t. French soldier inna Africa

*to train

Troops is one thing, equipment is another, your airforce and the number of armoured vehicles should be way more for a nation that spends ten times the ammount we do...

>A

Stay safe my pain au chocolat friend!

Will you accept our offer of help by providing Chinooks this year in Mali. All we want to do is help our ally.

There's too few of them and they don't carry that much.

We fucking contracted a Ukrainian company for antonov heavy transport planes to bring in all the armor.

Unfortunately according to the German parliament recently, only a third of German military equipment is available for action.

Typhoon jets: 39 of 128
Tornado jets: 26 of 93
CH-53 transport helicopters: 16 of 72
NH-90 transport helicopters: 13 of 58
Tigre attack helicopters: 12 of 62
A400M transport aircraft: 3 of 15
Leopard 2 tanks: 105 of 224
Frigates: 5 of 13
Submarines: 0 out of 6

Will do my donut :3

It's more as a warning to Iran not to get cute.
Iran and SA have been locked into a cold war for the last few decades. Syria and Yemen have become proxy wars.
Saudi Arabia is also terrified of Iran/Shiites gaining more influence in the region.

Jesus, that unironically makes them smaller then us. Hell, even if they had all their equipment working, they would still only have about 50 - 100% more equipment then us. And thats on a budget 10x ours...

Where else should they drop their nukes on, Nebraska?
Florida is one the the best known states for outsiders and its shape is easy to recognize. That makes a good target for a propaganda video. Don't take it personal

>trusting German and perfidious Albion
90% of European history has been french, english and german killing each other, you never know when they will want to do it again.

want germany to go for round 4 now though

Germany is a country of peace, shitlord!

>Country of peace
>of peace

Sure thing Ahmed, sure thing.

>It's not like the US is terrified of the military threat of Canada
Lies. We are petrified of Canada.

>What?Why do they spend more on defense than Russia and India?
In addition to everything else posted they have a strong mistrust of Iran which is just across the Persian Gulf.