George R.R. Martin’s editor is unhappy with Game of Thrones show

George R.R. Martin’s editor is unhappy with Game of Thrones show

>read the nonexistent books that I am not helping to create

The fat cunt cant finish them.so the publisher needs to either light a fire under that sloth or to stfu

>2015

Old news.

I think he is not only talking about the last season

The lazy obese fuck will never finish the books and they aren't masterpieces anyway, but the show is just steaming shit at this point.

read thisand this

Can you really blame an editor for trying to encourage book sales?

he is but he is also right, they fucked up with the books

>hey Martin let us make tv show from your book
>I'm not done yet
>tell us what happens and we'll work with it
>k but pay me
>hey Martin we worked with what you yourself gave us and it's been 7 years, how's it going for you
>wow I haven't even written one book since then now you guys are giving away all the spoilers I gave you so you could make the show it's not my fault I can't write one book in almost 7 years what the fuck

George is too busy Drumpfposting to bother with the books.

>books are nothing like the show

Thank you based George.

You want the definitive truth? It's over. Game of Thrones is done.
D&D gave up on doing anything close to the original story. This should have been the definitive version of Game of Thrones, it was good enough up until certainly Season 5 and generously, Season 6. It was a passable iteration of the original series, there wasn't really supposed to be need to produce a more accurate version because they had the books to follow along and were hitting all the original points. Now they have nothing to follow and you already know that A Dream of Spring is going to come out in 2020 and be entirely different from what the show presented. And there will be an argument (that will inevitably come to pass, be it in 2025 or 2030 or 2040 long after Game of Thrones on HBO has ended) for a new series that is far more faithful to the original and it will probably come out on Netflix or Facebook or whatever we're using to stream in those decades.

The show cut a quite a bit from the books. If they hadn't rushed as much they wouldn't have to do that much fanfic.

Great, George Martin is gonna die before he finishes the books isn't he. That's fine, what isn't fine is we'll spend the next 40 years after that listening to his editor claiming he alone knows Martins true version of how the story end, and everyone needs to buy his extended edition of Martins notes he slapped together to make a book, thrown in with some poetic licence.

It's gonna fucking happen, that fat fuck will keep over any day now.

>A Dream of Spring is going to come out in 2020
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(((?)))

where's george's sea captain hatty toot toot can't be sea captain george without his magic beanie

both right

STANNIS CONFIRMED

It's not like books 4 and 5 were any good

The books are officially non-canon

>A Dream of Spring is going to come out in 2020
did you mean winds of winter. im serious

You mean he didn't intend to write a retarded suicide squad chapter with all major male characters or write Uncle Benjen to become a plot device for another fake out death of Jon Snow?

She looks like she smells.

He's just trying to give people a reason to read the books after the show is over.

>he doesn't like AFFC
pleb

>A Dream of Spring

Are you insane?

Pareto Principle says 2030 at the earliest.

He will die before then.

No Dream of Spring.

do you think if we all write to him "write the books fatso" it will work

The show already fucked the source material up the arse by then.

He might die, he might never intend to write another word, but if he is planning on writing it, I'm pretty sure he'll be writing a different ending, assuming they got his original intention at all.

Slightly salt sweaty with a hint of seaweed but with a fresh citrus scent when you lean in and brush her hair to the side so you can whisper ur a faget in her ear?

Even better.

This

implying that's not a good thing

Honestly gave up on the books. The show is retarded but atleast it will end and give closure so we can all move on. Bit tragic for fatty to be robbed of his own climax but that's what happens when you sell out on promises alone. I think the show is causing even greater delays because he wants to rewrite parts to be less predictable.

isn't this the same guy that was trying to push George to make a eight book when he wasn't even warming up his fingers to actually start writing TWOW?

Fpbp

Hey, I have no problem with you guys liking to consume shit, but just call it what it is fellas.

They push the writing are on the side meaning they ain't getting money baby.

>George Martin is gonna die before he finishes the books isn't he.
every one knew this

>books are nothing like the show
there is a fork in the road again every one knew this

>The books are officially non-canon
if there isnt a undead dragon then yes the books arent cannon. now we have a fare fight. 2 undead guys and 2 dragons vs a army of undead guys and 1 dragon

t. Plebian

The books are shit anyways. Nobody gave a fuck about Game of Thrones until the show. So who cares about a book series that will never be completed?

>tfw that fat fuck will die before any of you nerds get to "know the complete story the way the author intended it"

bookfags BTFO!!!

Neil Gaiman is better writer than George; so I'm not disappointed desu

>can't spell plebeian
>liking trash
Well why am I not surprised?

>i didnt attach a sufficiently generic crying image better delete and repost

truly captivating

I've been reading American Gods and can confirm that Gaiman goes on horrible tangents for absolutely not reason. He also makes characters speak, unprompted, to deliver exposition instead of just weaving it in naturally himself. I'm halfway in and his horrid writing is becoming insufferable, highly considering dropping it.
How is Double R a worse writer, he describes food too well? Boohoo.

At this point, even Martin has no idea how to finish the series in a way that won't piss off at least half his fanbase. It's no wonder he isn't in a hurry to finish it.

Nah if that happened, he'd just go all Chris Chan and say all da trolls are making him too stressed to write :sigh:

>mfw in the books jon stays dead because of how poorly it was made in the show

Imagine the marvelous smell inside of her cute tummy when you are being digested alive inside of her

Most people who didn't read the books don't even realize how much different they are in the general idea, concept and plot.
First two-three seasons followed it sometimes closely. They're far from literary masterpiece but they're detailed, enjoyable, intelligent and very immersive.

>read the books
We would if the fat fuck would write them

No, Dany is Azor Ahai, and Jon will kill her (willingly) with the Catspaw dagger in the heart to ignite the blade to kill the Night King.

A big problem seems George has to recap the story every time he starts a new book instead of treating it as one giant book

Fake news.

>its a celebrity buys into the media narrative episode

After ADWD I have a hard time believing GRRM has an editor who actually does anything

as long as the whore dies I don't care who she is

>implying Barristan won't die before leaving Westeros in the books as well to make room for gurrms favorite midget as queen's hand

isnt she just some unqualified nobody fangirl who he gave the job to because she ran his forums?

>implying GRRM intends anything to be any way

For 19 years now his writing process has been saying "what would be a cool thing to happen next?", writing that down and then thinking of the next cool thing. There's no rhyme or reason to it.

This. Everything since Storm of Swords has been pure filler.

>editor
>of a book series with probably over 3000 pages by now going absolutely nowhere and that have clearly gave up on telling a coherent story around book 3
She's not very good at her job, is she?

The books from my understanding had a ton more characters, which would have made the show be even more all over the place than it already is.

The people doing the show know enough that they have to cut things down so that it makes more sense cinematically.

> Finish the goddamned books

GRR is allowed to have a life and opinions

>I'm entitled to the books

No you're not.
They are a gift, not a right

You don't pay money to receive gifts.

Fuck off George, the reason you can sit on your fat ass eating lemony lemoncakes is because people have bought into your story, for which you have been very well paid under the implicit (and presumably explicit) agreement that you will finish the fucking books. ASOIAF isn't a gift, it's something society has bought from you under the unspoken condition that it will at some point be finished. Nobody is interested in reading three quarters of a story.

I hope you need medication one day and the pharmacist says fuck off I'm not your slave and I don't have to do shit

god that made me cringe so hard, and i fucken hate trump, but grrm is a fucken try-hard

george pls stop posting and go write the books

Joffrey more like Drumpfey LMAO

this, as much as its become a cultural zeitgeist its just time to wrap this bad boy up and move on

The widely accepted thinking is that he reached the point in his grand story where, typically, you begin to bring it together. You take your characters who are spread out across the world and you try and figure out how they're going to come together and how their stories will intertwine, who will meet, who won't get to meet, how would characters who have never interacted handle meeting each other. Dany and brienne of tarth are from different worlds, if you somehow reach a point where they talk to each other how the FUCK would it even go, etc.

I mean the lady stoneheart situation is genuinely incredible. He resurrected catelyn stark as a zombie with a grudge, and the show left her out because literally all she's done is kill freys. Arya can do that. Anyone can do that. What would be normally a major turning point of a story is just some random thing introduced late into the story of game of thrones. He has an absolutely horrible job trying to close out this story but honestly I don't know why he/his editor etc have let it get this wild.

They're not a gift wtf.

Grrm is such a retard he dpesnt care about his own work. He's letting some screenwriters finish his own story he worked for. Such a fucking shame.

And fuck you for defending this degeneracy

>2015

Reminder that pudgy fuck Elio had the gall to deny the Cleganebowl. He can go fuck himself.

George utterly seriously literally BTFO

gurm btfo

NO NO NO!
HE CAN'T MAKE FUN OF DADDY LIKE THAT
THAT'S ILLEGAL
GET HIM, BOIS

Well, at least he didn't say Ramsay.

These

>the fat fuck will die before ADOS
>Elio and Linda will finish the series
Truly the worst timeline.

I honestly would suck his dick, no homo. He's so handsome and powerful.

president would sooner watch his wife suck Your Dick while he watches from behind his desk

They ruined Barristan in the show because they had a tiff with the actor, one of the few that can FUCKING ACT.

While masturbating with the flag like the smiling man.

They didn't, they just started clumsily tying loose ends. He just got butthurt that they didn't warn him beforehand, which would have been the decent thing to do.

>it was good enough up until certainly Season 5 and generously, Season 6.
Wrong. 3 at best.

>read the books that are never going to be finished
The show might suck but at least it's going to end

If GRRM told the people "If Donald TrumP dies or resigns I will release the book. It's finished, just waiting for you." How long until someone would actually murder Trump?

There was nothing cool about the last two books unless people get off on reading about characters slowly dying to infections.

No but I can blame him for being incompetent at it.

when and if the next book comes out, are you people going to reread the series? because I can't remember where everyone is at the end of ADWD

>he

>comparing the need for medicine to wanting a book
calm down

This is GRRM in his anology.

shut up

You'd really have to be a fucking retard to enjoy the show nowadays, it's gone from being near perfect, to being mostly good with some stupid shit, to being a mixed bag, to being really fucking dumb almost every minute of every episode.

Stannis was never killed in the book. Ramsay said he killed him but it was heavily implied that he was lying, he'll george even confirmed that he wasn't dead. D&D were too retarded to realize this though