Doctor Who General - /who/

She's a coming Edition

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nicholasbriggs.com/shop/photographs/photograph_nbrm/
doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Themes_(Music)
bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who---the-companion-chronicles---on-special-offer
bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-suffering-483
youtube.com/watch?v=6RHJFdl71e0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

More like I'm a coming lmao

Reminder Briggs sells photos of himself

Neo! How are you?

mcgann's #1 mcfan here to bless the thread with best doctor

Buy one

Scaroth reporting in.

Good good, how's you?
My 12/Bill/8/Charley story is coming along, hoping to finish it tonight

If we do secret /who/ santa again this year, I will

better find someone other than cloister to do it then

It'll probably take till August 30th for me to get the pdf fully set up. So if anyone wants to write something for ST Vol 2 in the meantime, here's what I'm annoyed is missing:

>more Seventh Doctor fics

>more Twelfth Doctor fics

>Bill Potts stories

>Charley stories

>overall audio companion representation

>overall book companion representation

>overall comics companion representation

>Class fics

>more Fourth Doctor fics

>a Martha Jones fic

Post your story to pastebin or use a Google Doc (Google Doc keeps formatting), and paste the link in thread, preferably as a reply to one of my posts.

He ran it well in the years he ran it, I have a toy Dalek from him about a metre away from me as I type. Should be enough folks to make it worth running this year, I think.
It'd be hilarious if Briggs gets like a dozen orders for photos of himself and it's the most he's ever had to sell at once.

Nice. Good to hear!

>its not my pet personal project
>here's what im annoyed IM missing
>im
youre so full of shit it's no surprise youre brown

why isnt he doing it?

Cut out the fucking racism, it's fine to have an issue with Shit Trips or Immigrant but don't act the right cunt.

because he hates /who/

so is it
cloister loves doctor who but hates /who/
and
neo hates doctor who but loves /who/
?

yes

>cloister loves doctor who
>neo hates doctor who
cloister never fucking talks about the fucking show, neo writes fucking essays on it, it should be the other way around. i filter both cause there cunts anyway

Thanks, user.

I'm writing the Thirteen Trips fic right now, which I'm doing literally because it'll give /who/ a good laugh.

i dont know but i wouldn't be surprised if he didn't. for some reason it pissed off most of /who/. grandpa just wanted to give some anons some gifts

Not enough /who/res were into it last year for some reason. This year I think plenty will be.

i meant the year before. cloister did not push it very hard last year. i think he was afraid to

I don't remember that that well then, though i i r c I asked him about it a fair few times (as an user)

What? How the fuck do you do a secret santa here?
People for real get each other gifts? Im not sure if thats really sad or great. i would have never guessed that shit here

In the past we've used Amazon, you can do a gifting function there where you gift someone something but you don't see their personal details, that way people could stay anonymous.
Pop doll Daleks were a hit a few years back, I got 11's sonic screwdriver once, all sorts of stuff like that is usually what people get.
I think it's good fun, whatever you get is a nice surprise and it's nice to see other people enjoy what you got them when they post a pic of it inthread.

Who do you want to play companions to Thirteen?

>/who/ secret santa
>buy Briggs photos for everyone

I'm gonna be tickled pink if that's how it goes down this year. Bonus points for getting the photo that's just Briggs without even a Dalek - nicholasbriggs.com/shop/photographs/photograph_nbrm/

I once gave an autographed picture of michael dorn to a friend that liked ST at at christmas party for secret santa once. He was so angry with me, i guess because there were girls there and I outed him as a nerd.
>August 30th
A bit of a relief.
I'd be happy to do it again so long as there's interest.
Poor form as well as inaccurate. From what I understand he's high yellow. Also, chan, why you mad tho? Ignore it if it bothers you and stop picking fights on the internet. He's got as good a reason as any to post shit, trips or otherwise.
I

>name for dedication
whats the funniest shit we could plausibly get briggs to write

Reminder that 50 is the Doctor we need but not the Doctor we deserve.

>half of the participants got Engines of War.

Kek.

> He was so angry with me, i guess because there were girls there and I outed him as a nerd.

I'm cracking up here.

Briggs Finish
We Love Money

Hype for secret santa this year!

Title ideas?

The Doctor rapped at the Cyber-men, scrambling their processors using subsonic frequencies. His companion used the distraction to push gold glitter into vents, destroying the rest of the Cyber-mats.

"Many Cyber-men, many many cyber-men, wish death on me." said the Doctor. Me rolled her eyes at the Doctor's insistence on trying to rap on every single adventure, and continued saving the day.

>Title ideas?

50 tracks with Me in the title...

Don't Push Me
All of Me
Hold Me Down
Do You Think About Me
Baby By Me

Scaroth deported out

Clearly he's testing the waters for a BF play about the making of BF.

what's /who/ with you?

Been going on a wiki spree. Just made this page to collect a bunch of musical themes from the show - doctorwhogeneral.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Themes_(Music)

Imagine an "Adventure in Space and Time" style biography/drama about Briggs lel

Nice, Neo. Always like listening to music that distills down a character.

I'm writing that Thirteen Trips fic now. I hope /who/ likes it when it's done.

This was an exhaustive undertaking but I finally found a way to do it that didn't involve that mega link you found. I'm sorry to have wasted your efforts in helping me last night Neo. You were a good friend.

No worries mate, any time! Glad you found a better way!

I just hope I can get through it. I like most of the characters but Salsa and Jeffrey are such whiny little cunts. I fucking hate Salsa.

Listened to pic related hoping that Platt would be able to elevate the 4DAs. It's certainly above average for the range, but nothing memorable.
Still, it's only half the story, the conclusion is next month.

Does this have that new Fourth Doctor companion?

Daily reminder if you like Doctor Who you're worse than a weeaboo

Nope, it's a normal Tom/Lalla story.

ASOIAF~GOT has been an annoyingly big part of my life for fucking years now, I'm looking forward to the show ending. But season 1 and season 3 especially are very good indeed. And I'm a huge fan of the show's composer, I really love the music.

I'm quite excited to read the trips fic t b h

What if I like both Doctor Who and anime?

Oh yeah no, I read the first two books and I've been keeping up with what's happening on the show, spoilers don't bother me in the slightest. I watched season 1 but never bothered to finish the rest. I just don't like Salsa. She bothers me, and from what I hear she never gets better.

I never had any problem with Sansa and in the later seasons i m o she's a lot more sensible and levelheaded than other characters, but I totally get what it's like to dislike a major character of the show - I can't fucking stand Dany, Jon, or Tyrion, and that gets to be a problem lel

If ever I start nostalgia-missing RTD stuff, I just remember pic related, and all those feelings disappear

The only characters I liked all died in the first book/season.

But what the hell do you have against flying acrobatic Scottish monks?

How come Classic Who gets a GOAT monk, and NewWho gets either flying acrobatic monks, or shitty villain trilogy monks?

I dunno, maybe people had better ideas back during the Cold War.

Anyway yeah I liked RTD's run better than Moffat's.

What is some moral, or lesson you want to be brought up in a Doctor Who episode?

Muslims haven't brought anything of worth to our country

Ironically enough this "Gallifrey_Immigrant" DOES come with a new IP notification

the whole conceit of a tripcode is that people can see when it is you. your tripcode isn't immigrant's

Putting your dick in a badger rarely produces good results

Fascism is an ever-present disease of the human psyche.

Reminder that if you report political content unrelated to Doctor Who, the janitors do actually remove it

as soon as i found out this DWM issue existed, i went on ebay and bought it. i've never seen this pic of eight before either? and i've seen a lot of pics of eight. i wish there was a version without all the text (if anyone knows of one, i'll gift you my left kidney if you send it my way)

but anyway, after buying the magazine, i promptly killed myself irl when i checked the rough pricing for the EDAs. getting all of them would easily set me back £500+, so i guess that's one more dream dead huh

are you still doing this shit

Jubilee addresses some aspects of fascism in interesting ways.

That is an interesting pic of 8

You could probably tweet Clayton Hickman about it.

oh shit, you're right. i hope he'd be willing to dig it up

>getting all of them would easily set me back £500
yeah but most of that is certain ones like Vampire Science and Gallifrey Chronicles that go for 20-odd quid (same as the VNA situation with Lungbarrow), you can put together a decent collection for less

Aye, but the majority of the books seem to be going for around £7 from what I could see - some less, some more. Either way, it'd set me back a lot of money, and if I was going to start collecting the books physically, I wouldn't be satisfied without owning the full range.

Get rich or regenerate trying

From today until midnight (UK time) next Friday (the 25th August), you can save 50% off any individual release in Doctor Who: The Companion Chronicles range with offer code DWCC50OFF.

bigfinish.com/news/v/doctor-who---the-companion-chronicles---on-special-offer

Any recs Nick?

A challenger approaches

>I was at this convention

did you get a hug from paul too?

>tfw you find 70's Sarah Jane cute as fuck.

hat

All of them.
Tales from the Vault, Mastermind, The Specials and whatever else thats been rec'd on the wiki. These are some of the few I've listened to and really liked. Especially The Mists of Time (The Specials)

I just did Miles and Parkin
Don't need a book boldly calling itself THE TAINT when company comes

What would 12 say to Jack?

Imagine Jack doesn't care that he looks like Frobisher from Torchwood in this scenario.

>Every CC
>£8.99
>bigfinish.com/releases/v/the-suffering-483
>£12.99
>Double-CD release; available at usual price to subscribers.
What did they mean by this? How do I redeem my subscribers get more privilege?

You have to say "Paul Spragg" three times into a mirror at midnight

its ok i dont have any fucking friends so i'll make sure The Taint is on full display. dont you dare take that statement the wrong way

Well I know what I'm fapping to for the next few weeks:

youtube.com/watch?v=6RHJFdl71e0

>dont you dare take that statement the wrong way
Too late

i warned you

Wait until they go on sale

i probably should've clarified that i'm talking about the book EDAs, not the audios. the books can't exactly "go on sale," so i either bankrupt myself or the ceo of bbc personally breaks into my home and snaps my neck

>or the ceo of bbc personally breaks into my home and snaps my neck
Are you referring to piracy here? The book MEGA is perfectly safe

I found an image of 8 that allowed me to remove most of the text.

there are plenty of PDFs

will there be a nude scene?

>book EDAs,
oh. Yeah I'm after them myself. 36 down, 32 to go.
And then I decided I want all the PDAs as well.

Here's the image btw.

it was metaphorical, you fools. i have all the ebooks downloaded. no, i don't know what point i was trying to make with it. please dont question me. dont even look in my direction. goodbye

i love you so much
*tucks these into my eighth doctor folder* h-heh...

you're doing better than me at the moment. i don't own a single one of the EDAs in physical form just yet. once i've finished reading through them all, i'll pick out my favourites and buy copies of those, then try to build a collection from there

Probably not but I want there to be.