Nosferatu remake coming by the guy that did VVitch

Nosferatu remake coming by the guy that did VVitch.

Other urls found in this thread:

indiewire.com/2017/08/nosferatu-remake-robert-eggers-anya-taylor-joy-the-witch-1201866720/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sad that eggman is doing remakes already

It will probably be horrible.

>remaking Nosferatu
why?

a different interpretation hopefully. I liked the witch so I'm cautiously optimistic.

Won't this be like the third or fourth remake?

Third I believe x

No, it's the second remake but the third version of Nosferatu (which was just a public domain version of Dracula anyways).

oh wait yah that's what i meant D'OH

I'm glad. I loved that film until I found out what a monster Klaus Kinski actually was. What happened to his daughter was tragic. I do hope they make it in German though; the tale has a certain ethnicity about it which needs preserving.

>Nosferatu remake
fucking WHY

Most of the story isn't even set in Germany. It's set in Hungary.

You mean the whole "Nosferatu is a Jew praying on Europe" ethnicity thing? Why should that be preserved? Read about German Expressionism some time. Or maybe you already have...

Which other Nosferatu movies are worth checking out? I've only seen the 1922 one and it's my favourite silent film.

No, it's heavily inspired by German romanticism.

Shadow of the Vampire
It's a very meta flick about the making of the original movie where Orlock is a real vampire
Malkovich plays Murnau and Willem Dafoe is Orlock

Herzog made one.

my copy of Nosferatu says inside 'This book was not what i expected at all, very strange, and frankly dissapointed, but take care and remember to smile : ) Anya from Finland'

You have to find her, user

If anyone should make a Nosferatu remake, it's Eggers. He's an absolute autist when it comes to that genre and period altogether so I have no doubt that he will make a great film. The production design will probably be insane.
Also it will feature /ourayylmao/ again, looking forward to it.

forgot the link
indiewire.com/2017/08/nosferatu-remake-robert-eggers-anya-taylor-joy-the-witch-1201866720/

Herzog's is okay. Kinski does a good job as the Vampire but the movie has a pretty bland aesthetic and then ending is dumb.

Shadow of the Vampire is a meta movie about the making of the film, which is pretty good.

the vampire in tobe hooper's salem's lot is visually based on nosferatu. i've never read the nove so i'm not sure if that was steven king's idea

>Vampyre
Why the autism spelling?
If they're gonna fuck it up, why not go full retard and call it VVampyre?

that's the poster for the Herzog remake you autist.

Hey we get to go through this whole thing again sweet

that poster's from '79 you goof

That's a poster from the 1979 german Nosferatu: Phantom Der Nacht, not the poster for the new one you absolute autist. The new one is barely even in preproduction.

>Wampyre

Why not? I don't like the Herzog that much and VVitch was good.

fuck yes, ayylmao kino is back

It wasn't. Rutger Hauer in the remake was much closer to what King had in mind. Barlow, at least in outer appearance, was just a normal guy.

There's a book?

Nosferatu is based on Dracula. They actually named it that to get out of paying copyright fees.

>tfw no qt finnish bookfu

Yeah, I know, I thought maybe he was talking about some book based on the film.

So it's gonna be shit then

He has to pay his dues before Hollywood let's him play.

No one is asking the important question. Will /ourgoat/ be in this movie?

>no one is asking the important questions
Right. What was his fucking problem?