Shit that reminds you you're watching film

>every road is freshly paved and is wet no matter the weather conditions of the scene

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumblecore
youtube.com/watch?v=nunjKMfRe1k
youtube.com/watch?v=glLPMXq6yc0
youtube.com/watch?v=BLfCcRMlx8E
youtu.be/wWvK4NMgx8U?t=44
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Characters never trip over their words or say something that sounds kinda stupid that normal people would say.

Modern buildings in a historic movie. (Dunkirk)

This

>everyone talks in complete, well thought out sentences with no pauses and everyone else just listens with rapt attention and never interrupts

this always bugs me. everyone is always perfect in films and tv

These

>character has a gf

Any time a character leaves a door open that they should have closed

>post apocalypse movie
>no one gets raped

Comedy shows/movies where all the characters have to play it straight and never laugh at the jokes they make.

One of the things that make Seinfeld such a comfy show is when the characters laugh at each others jokes.

>big scene where everyone is gathered around, telling jokes and laughing
>after some big joke, nobody else ever tries to add onto it and fail where it's not even acknowledged

There's an entire wave of shit films for you

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mumblecore

>there's a movie playing in front of my face

>Comedy shows/movies where all the characters have to play it straight and never laugh at the jokes they make.

This is so fucking weird. Everyone is cracking jokes, and nobody laughs...they just take a short pause to stare at the guy who made the joke. Like, what the fuck are you looking at? Just laugh.

Wilhelm scream.

>character is taking a shit
>he doesn't fart uncontrollably and shits furiously
>doesn't wipe and look if it still has stains and smells it

pisses me off

>lens flare
>blood/water/dirt on the camera
>wilhelm scream
>CGI snap zoom
>stock sounds

Every fucking time.
Why did THAT have to become a hollywood meme? Why couldn't it be something less noticeable?

>Dawson's Creek

youtube.com/watch?v=nunjKMfRe1k

>Everyone is perfectly rational, even "insane" people are just rational actors who had a bad past/day and need some liberal therapy
>Everything must have a reason, no one ever does something due to irrational thinking

The absolute worst. Comedy films, I can laugh along, anything else it actually pisses me off.

These don't really bother me. Does it bother you that characters in books typically are the same way? All media abstract away lots of everyday inconveniences, and it's not arbitrary. They leave in the same parts your memory would leave in if these events had happened to you, for the most part.

Because most films are a form of storytelling, not an attempt at simulating a guy with a camcorder walking around getting interesting footage of outrageous situations that could happen. If you were telling a funny or compelling story to someone would you leave in the parts where people forget what they meant to say or can't make out what someone else is saying or when they take a shit? If you left all that in you would be a bad storyteller.

There are the two screams and a number of sound effects that take me right out of a movie.
>Wilhelm scream
>Howie scream
>Particular gunshot
>Noise of metal gate opening
>Sound of metallic clatter (Futurama used it in every episode and then I noticed it in a huge amount of moves)

no one ever talks in a normal tone of voice, everything is clearly exaggerated because how else can you know how someone is feeling if they're not constantly emoting?

People saying their relationship to a person in the first sentence.
>hey sis, did you pick up that thing for our mother that we both share because we are siblings?

Inaccurate portrayal of pain.
>I have a wound in my abdomen that gives out a constant amount of pain. I never get a sudden jolt when I do something apparently unconnected like raise my arm.

The Doom door opening sound effect
Was in so many movies in the mid-late 90s

>Noise of metal gate opening
I'm convinced this is the most common sound in TV and film.
It's in almost every episode of the X-Files and Millennium.

Sirens with "west 28th street" radio chatter overplayed. It was a sound effect in sim city 3 so now I hear it every time. Looking at you law and Order.

I've noticed almost all of the half life 2 sound effects are used in every action movie ever
>crowbar hitting metal/wood
>wooden crates breaking
>doors opening
>RPG firing

I'm guessing they're just stock sound effects that Valve used. I probably noticed them more from fucking around on Gmod in 2009-11

no mention of Little Girl Laughing?

There's an extremely comfy sound effect of door opening, I know it from the first Max Payne game. I wish I could find it.

>sci fi movie
>IT'S SO COLD IN SPACE

fuck off, vacuums are neither cold or hot

>someone is exposed to space outside of their suit
>immediately freezes

Shane Meadows beats this, his movies have characters talking over each other llike real people.

haha so true

*Stock cat scream*

doesn't your blood boil instead of you freezing not from heat just from some other meme shit

>we've got company

I hate this line.

>there's a storm coming

You lose consciousness pretty quickly and then puff out due to the nitrogen in your tissues expanding (until it escapes), just don't hold your breath if you want to be rescued before your organs shut down (seriously, your lungs will rupture, they're not meant to hold back that kind of pressure differential, it's the reason deep divers exhale on the way up).

>It's in almost every episode of the X-Files and Millennium.
I'm rewatching X-Files as well as watching Millennium for the first time and I love this.

Kek, this

Third worlder or probably european with bad roads detected.

>that same fucking dolphin sound effect for the last 50 years

They even use it in toys!!

youtube.com/watch?v=glLPMXq6yc0

pretty interesting

But subjectively it IS cold in space, cold is just a human term for the absence of heat.

>no male character has gyno, even the fat guys have flat chests
really takes me out of the movie desu

youtube.com/watch?v=BLfCcRMlx8E

/thread

Even laughing tracks are better than mute-sitcoms.

Watch Manchester by the Sea, or literally anything from Lonergan. Real mumblecore kino.

animals in film/tv are constantly making their characteristic noise

Yeah the first one irritates me. It works in anime due to honorifics, but nobody calls their siblings 'sis' or 'bro'. I can see a older brother doing it to a younger brother, but nobody says 'hey sis', they go 'hey Sarah'. If it's woven in naturally like 'I'm your big/little bro/sis, I'll always X for you' it's better.

this is the worst fucking wilhelm ever youtu.be/wWvK4NMgx8U?t=44

Thorin's dad Thrain, killed by Sauron and it is used

Boy and his Dog

Yeah but you don't freeze. Humans lose heat as it's given off and dispersed via water/atmosphere. In space there is nothing to do that so you'd not freeze instantly. You're remain warm until your body stopped producing heat cause you're dead.

>he never says stuff like "little sis likes his big brother's cock?"
you should when the opportunity arises

>Why did THAT have to become a hollywood meme?
Skywalker sound liked to slip it into movies as a joke.

>everything in Europe was made out of bricks and stones before WW2

isn't that like half of the walking dead

No one ever sneezes or coughs randomly, anytime someone sneezes or coughs it's because they have some retarded sickness

Because films and tv are the only places where you can really have that.

This is why The Room had the most realistic acting in some scenes

Thats why I love Manchester By The Sea. Its so real in its Dialogue. He doesn't know how to tell his ex that there is nothing there either.

Mad Max

Even then you'll be pretty warm - in a vacuum the primary method of heat exchange then becomes infrared radiation which is generally quite slow.

It's just like on earth. If you live at high altitude water boild faster due to lower air pressure. Keep lowering the air pressure and the boiling point gets lower and lower.
But you wouldn't have to worry about that since your blood is in a closed system with its own pressure. The air would be pulled out of your chest while your eyes and mucus membranes start boiling off their moisture. You'll asphyxiate pretty quickly and pass out.

Really though, despite the low temperature of space, there is no medium for you to radiate your own heat, so you'd cook in your own body heat and then your corpse would spend a few hundred years slowly cooling down.
How to dump excess heat is one of the bigger problems with space travel, especially when you realize that the human body gives out more heat per square foot of surface area than the fucking sun.

Character's hair remaining perfect despite:

>economic condition
>weather
>period of time
>lack of sleep/shower both

uhm that's wrong sweetie

Am I misunderstanding the point of this thread. Are there those of you out there who while watching a film forget you're watching a film? Because I never have to be "reminded" I'm watching a film. Just like I never have to be reminded I'm watching a book, or eating a sandwich.

WRONG

Thats not even kind of true. That slightly tousled hair = over tired/derranged in the visual language of film. Homeless people will all have the same bum hair.

>watching a book

>being this autistic

Does it help put this way? 'to be taken out of the film'.

>Are there those of you out there who while watching a film forget you're watching a film?
If it's really good yes. Watching becomes "experiencing" in that case.
Some films that made me forget that I'm actually watching a film
>The Hunt
>The Vanishing (Spoorloos)
>Fail-Safe
>Das Boot
>Wake in Fright

I don't know what's autistic about that rhetorical question, we undoubtedly watch films in very different ways - which is fine. Story isn't as important to me as I'm assuming it is for you. Also, the consumption of media to me is just that, it's a machine to express information. I find that separation important.

Let me be a bit more broad then

>character wakes up with hair and makeup already done

whenever a character speaks i'm reminded that it's a movie

>I don't know what's autistic about
>it's a machine to express information

it's ok user

>Are there those of you out there who while watching a film forget you're watching a film?
Have you never seen a good movie before? If a movie is good it sucks you in and the film becomes a virtual reality you're experiencing.
Dog day afternoon really caught me the first time I watched it. The scene where Dunkachino is on the phone talking to his "wife" and his wife. Everything is falling apart and its this incredibly slow push in on pachino's face as he is trying to process his personal life falling apart. Then after a second it cuts to a reverse shot with his partner and the hostages all just staring at him, and the magnitude of how fucked he is kicks you in the guts. Its great film making and until that reverse shot you've forgotten about EVERYTHING else except pachino. When that edit happens you remember the situation, and then you simultaneously pull yourself out of the narrative and thank christ all this tension isn't real and that you're safe as an objective observer from outside the universe of the film.
Sorcerer is another movie full of examples of the tension so expertly built and layered that you forget you're watching a movie until your own startled scream when the truck exploded and you feel how tense you've been as youre literally on the edge of your seat holding your breath.

>watching a sandwich

you're not supposed to play with your food user

someone explain this to me
why is it wet?

you know when you are browsing the 'chins and seeing a picture of a pretty lady reminds you of your own virginity? it's something similar to that

That I can get behind. Bed head only seems to be used for comedy.
But messy unkempt hair is probably a fucking nightmare when you're editing for continuity.

so it reflects light and looks kino

It looks great on camera. Dry asphalt looks like shit.

It reflects light sources and is more visually interesting than just a dry street.

>character gets the shit beaten out of them
>next scene they don't even try to look hurt, just some fake blood on their face and feign a limp, bear no scars or any other physical or mental trauma that would come with being beaten within an inch of life

The road is immediately more contrasty and full of highlights so it's a more appealing dynamic look for the camera instead of a completely flat one dimensional surface when it's dry.
People use it most of the time in night scenes so you get a lot of streetlight and set light reflections on it so the lower part of the frame isn't literal black unused darkness.

Sup Forums not big on formalism, it turns out, who would know

>character sheathes/unsheathes weapon
>sound of metal grinding on metal

according to who

Hey user nice post, I just wanted to recommend Fail-Safe to you, which is also made by Lumet and has that same captivating quality to it and if you haven't already watch The Wages of Fear.

Thanks for the replies, That sounds hella dumb.

-photographer here

Drew Carey show sometimes they laugh as a joke is about to be said.
Comfy show is comfy
They are rerunning it, probably depends on cable provider.

would have known

ESL out

>character has goals and aspirations
>completes them by the end of them film

>character has to use lubricant to masturbate