Logan Lucky

Anyone else /hype/ for the new Soderkino?

member when the phrase kino was used sparingly, and then it was related to capeshit and was used everywhere in this place to a point it screams reddit?

But yes, I am 'lucking' forward to this :-)

>Seth MacFarlane

I watched it a couple days ago. Was pretty disappointed by it.

How do they hide Driver's arm when filming?

I feel like it'll be good but is anyone else worried about all the celebrity cameos they're shoehorning in based on the trailer? Hillary Swank and Seth McFarlane?

>is anyone else worried about all the celebrity cameos they're shoehorning in based on the trailer?

Soderbergh has often used big names in character roles, nothin new

Hillary Swank is a literal who by now, I can't remember the last thing she was in. Her character was actually pretty good.
Seth McFarlane's character is annoying, but they only have him in the film for like 10 min.
Over all 7/10, decent kino.

He was in hellboy and he was good

His voice was in Hellboy.

Dude's an A+ voice actor, but he has zero prsence or charisma IRL

No, but I do find it funny that he made a big thing of retiring, then came out of retirement to direct a routine star vehicle.

His "retirement" was a complete sham.

It's been, what, 4 years since Side Effects?

In that time, he
>directed behind the candelabra tv movie for hbo
>directed 2 seasons of the knick for cinemax
>produced the first season of the girlfriend experience for starz
>edited and did the cinematography for magic mike xxl
>directed a music video for the band dtcv
>made re-edits of psycho, raiders of the lost ark, and 2001: a space odyssey
>shot a film on an iphone that's set for release sometime later this year
>developed an upcoming show for hbo starring sharon stone

He also secretly made another film starring Juno Temple.

seeing it later today

>a routine star vehicle.
That doesnt sound nearly as clever as you thought it would. Quite the opposite.

Already saw it. It was good nothing great. The setup is boring and Seth MacFarlane and Hillary Swank were distracting and unnecessary. Still pretty fun when the focus is on the main cast during the heist.

That's the iphone film

He "retired" because big Hollywood studios wouldn't let him make the original movies he wanted to make anymore, which is why he went to HBO and Cinemax.

Logan Lucky is the first movie released from his new production company, he funded it by selling the international distribution rights and licensing rights beforehand. Apparently if the movie is a success it could lead to directors having a place they can go to and have complete creative freedom.

Based.

Spike Lee was still snubbed though

Spike Lee was snubbed? What are you referring to?

It's like how every band that wants to take a few years off now has to say they're breaking up then reunite less than 5 years later.

...1989 Cannes

Soderbergh's debut film sex, lies, & videotape won the Palme in an upset over Spike Lee's breakout film Do the Right Thing.
Spike threw a hissy fit, called Cannes tacist, and has been complaining about it ever since.

Like LCD Soundsystem lmao. What a lying kike you are, James.

Except Soderbergh never stopped working on films/TV, he only removed himself from the Hollywood sphere.

racist*

I kind of wish Soderbergh had stayed retired, just for the selfish reason of figuring out what his legacy would be as a filmmakers. He's easily the biggest auteur working today with no major films. Almost all of his work seems minor, some make money, most get good reviews, but overall there's no films of his that seem like they'd stand the test of time.

>SL&V is historically significant but nobody ever talks about it anymore
>Oceans 11 and Magic Mike will be only remembered as 00s pop culture nostalgia
>Traffic and Erin Brockovich will be cable staples forever but don't seem especially loved
>Out of Sight, Magic Mike XXL (which he may as well have made) and The Knick have small but vocal cult followings.
Beyond these everything else kind of comes and goes yet he's still such a big name. It's fascinating to me

>Spike threw a hissy fit, called Cannes tacist, and has been complaining about it ever since.

Kind of immature, but he definitely deserved to win that.

t. reddit

He should have stayed retired.