Since MPC-HC is not going to be updated anymore, and most of you seem to hate VLC...

Since MPC-HC is not going to be updated anymore, and most of you seem to hate VLC, what media player does Sup Forums recommend? I don't mean for streaming media to my TV, I use Plex for that and I'm happy with it. I mean for the times I play videos on my PC for whatever reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

mpc-hc.org/2017/07/16/1.7.13-released-and-farewell/
nightly.mpc-hc.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>MPC-HC is not going to be updated anymore
What

>it's not updated anymore so it will just wtop working

divx

MPV
mpc-hc.org/2017/07/16/1.7.13-released-and-farewell/

I didn't say it would stop working. You're not contributing to the thread very well.

>Unless some people step up that is.

Someone might pick it up

What is MPV?

why would mpchc need to be updated? it's fine as it is

>why would anyone need to upgrade from IE 8? It's fine as it is.

Because the world moves on and eventually MPC-HC will not be "fine as it is."

Why would cars be updated? They're fine as it is.

VLC is fine only weaboos hate on it because their chinese cartoons look different on it

I like VLC, I just wish there was a better default skin for the player. Most of the custom ones I've tried turn out to be a pain in the ass functionally.

Another thing that annoys me about it is they don't have different-colored icons for different file types. It wouldn't be that hard for them to do different-colored cones or something.

potplayer

Windows Media Player.

>plebs rate players based on skins and buttons

explains a lot

What else is there to rate them on? The days where a player had problems playing a file and there were differences in quality are long gone. Seems like the hipsters are just permanently stuck in the early 2000s where VLC player had some artifacting problems with mkv files and they pretend that's still a thing.

Just use the latest version of MPC-HC with the continually updating codec packs from K-Lite for now. For the minute I doubt any other media player will be able to out perform MPC + Codecs, so honestly just stick with MPC but continue to check on whether or not it's been surpassed yet.

You're a moron. That's like pointing at whatever car you think is best and saying "mmmm must be the bestest one!!".

mpv is decent. Lack of UI will make normies upset.

and mpc-hc, if it needs updates, will spawn another offshoot the same way mpc-hc did when mpc stopped getting updated. As it stands mpc-hc doesn't need updates.

I don't get what your argument is. A car has a lot of different properties. VLC player plays video files. It does that without any problem. So what else is there to think of when choosing a player for video files?

Who updates it in the first place? Just get new codecs.

>Since MPC-HC is not going to be updated anymore
so what? what updates do you need? it's just a player.

>What else is there to rate them on?
idk maybe just maybe things the actual FUNCTION of a video player which is image quality and performance?

did you buy your car because it had the best cup holders?

They stopped development because there is nothing left to develop; MPC attained perfection. Since it uses DirectShow it will always support the latest formats via new DirectShow filters

literally nothing changes when it updates. the only time I noticed in the past is when it would crash.

what updates does it need? it's the best player.

The fact that you're even contemplating the visual aesthetics of a media player gives us a lot of insight into your life

I'll just keep using MPC until it starts fucking up. VLC is fine, though. The memeing about it is as stale as Nvidia housefire memes.

Vehicles are only updated to make car manufacturers money. My dad still drives his 1977 Chevy truck. My mom is on her...25th vehicle?

MPV WHAT ARE YOU A FAGGOT???

I BET U USE YOUTUBE.COM INSTEAD OF YOUTUBE-DL

a media player that can be fine tuned on a machine to machine basis

If it starts fucking up, change the codecs.

Media Player for Virgins

Literally

MPV is shit though.

That's my point you idiot. There is no difference in image quality and performance between MPC and VLC. There was about 10 years ago and you are still pretending as if it is 2007 and you can't watch your favorite anime with VLC.

somebody already did, literally the next day

bait thread

1)This is over a month old, get with the program
2)It already supports x265, its going to be useful for years to come
3)MPC functions simply as a front end to various filters, you can just add newer updated filters and basically keep it up to date yourself.

>There is no difference in image quality and performance between MPC and VLC.

Untrue. The fact you say that means your codec pack is shit.

I'm not the same guy who said that. I'm just saying other than superficial shit like hipster cred or aesthetics, there is literally nothing else to consider because performance is the fucking same. It's not like one player is good and one player is bad. They do the same thing at the same performance with the exact same reliability.

MPC-HC isn't dead idiots, that post was just saying if they don't have devs it'll die, and then the same day a bunch of new devs jumped on the project.

Last version was released 3 days ago:
nightly.mpc-hc.org/

this
and this t.b.h. d.e.s.u.

MPV is literally the only media player than can guarantee 100% perfect frame timing throughout a whole movie, with video-sync=display-resample. If you use any other player you are throwing away motion quality.

mpvi for the tech literate

probably vlc for the normies

Man I've shot so many loads to her set desu

IINA is great if you have a mac

Just use MPC-BE

MPC-BE x64

You fucking ultra newfag plebs.

I'm happy with the FUNCTION you sperglord. I'm not happy with the UI. Learn some reading comprehension before you (You) me again.

Does this sort of thinking help you believe that you'll still get laid even though you aren't good looking?

I just use mpv because its the fastest at opening and seeking. Don't care about the interface.

Unrelated to your post chain, but MPC-BE x64 feels like VLC sort of. You can make it feel more like MPC when you disable all the HUD stuff.

>MPV
shit tier

The fact that you don't care whether the things you use look nice or not gives us a lot of insight into yours.

use mpv r*tard

>MPV
stop posting HPV media players any time