Sicario ,Prisoners , No country for old Men...

Sicario ,Prisoners , No country for old Men, the Departed I NEED MORE movies like this im sick of hollywood morally preaching to me i just want to experience

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/name/nm0005683/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You just want a specific moral lesson.

The dollar trilogy

Bone Tomahawk

Green Room

Hell or High Water
Wind River
Hopefully Soldado will be kino too

And Blue Ruin for sure

the generic maintain the status quo moral lesson i dont want i want to explore the other side of humanity the sides they try to keep from us cause they think if we are exposed to it will will become serial killers I NEED SHIT THAT EXPOSE ALL OF HUMANITY not just this fairy tail bullshit

the counselor
fargo (movie and series)

>anything that isn't nihilism is a fairy tale
again, you just want the one moral message

Animal Kingdom (2010)

this isnt that depressing nihilism

hollywood needs to explore things outside the status quo

not him but the moral lessons of sicario, prisoners, no country for old men, and the departed are all vastly different. only a brainlet would broadly generalize them all into "dude nihilism lmao"

But isn't that basically what Sicario was about?

Sicario peeks atthe under belly of maintaining the status quo another writer or director would of made it into something like this

what i dont want is propaganda

>would of
have

Ah I see what you're saying. Have you seen Traffic?

>Hopefully Soldado will be kino too
It probably won't be, considering it has a different director.

its funny to think that movies like No Country for old men woudnt even be possible today with the cuurrent political climate of United States of Israel

What do you mean?

portraying beaners in any negative light post-Trump

Fuck off retard.

"fedora-core" is what you're looking for my friend

Watch nocturnal animals, pretty good. Specially the book part.

>nocturnal animals

Both of you are wrong about what nihilism is, but the one that said that all those movies are nihilist is the idiot.

incendies

What does that have to do with Israel?

when i said this i ment the big lebowski

Nit him but he didn't say it had anything to do with Israel, he just named USA Unuted States of Israel, so USI.

That being said, the ''beaners'' portrayed badly in NCOM where from cartels, so they would have gotten away with it. That dude is an idiot.

On top of that, wasn't No Country set in the 80s?

Wind River just opened nationwide
Still the same writer though

This is actually a good movie and not propaganda

Nightcrawler is the best movie of the decade.
And Place Beyond The Pines is really simple, but good.

Eh... Nightcrawler is more of a satire and not really grounded in reality like the other movies mentioned itt.

would you do this to a 10 year old to get your child back

Nah
But I would do that to Paul Dano for nothing

>the counselor

>HOLA

>Nightcrawler is more of a satire and not really grounded in reality

Have you watched Suburra by this new director? It's on Netflix. Not the best mafia movie ever but it is well-made

The things he gets away with and the footage they air on the news in the movie are all outlandish. It's not the least bit realistic.

sicario is hollywood moral pushing that women can be cops

>Sicario ,Prisoners , No country for old Men,

you want Deakins

imdb.com/name/nm0005683/

good one. enjoy your (you)

truth hurts

I don't know in america, but in every other part of the world there are a lot of women cops. Are you living in 1920 or what?

She was an FBI agent, not a police officer.

Wut? She was dominated by males throughout the movie, she epitomized incompentence. Opposite of pushing women can be cops agenda.

I don't care what effeminate eurogays have to say, their LARPing vaginas in uniform ARE NOT cops and have zero authority.

it shows you that she cant handle the pressure tho.

kill yourself

Children of Men.

>actually replying

Just clarifying.

Why are they not cops and why do they have zero authority? Seems to me a woman can shoot you just as well as any man.

Well her character was repeatedly told to stay out of the shit she was getting into and she didn't listen. She voluntarily put herself in dangerous situations.

I'm not european, friend.

Nah man, my genes will pass. Yours are the ones that will probably end with you. You don't even need to kill yourself, you shouldn't.

Great movie with great OST.

A realistic portrayal of a woman in that first scene would be to jump up on a stool and scream like the stupid emotional bitch she is

Go back to pol faggot

T.virgin that never leave his basement

This will never stop being funny

>No Country for Old Men
>not preachy
Did you even saw it?

You're wrong.

ah yes the virgin basement meme. very good one i love it haha! no refutation of my argument though..very telling!

>I was born and raised in a bubble.

What message do you imagine NCFOM was "preaching"?

>heh, if I act smug and only repeat myself that'll prove me right

>outlandish

But far from impossible. Nothing that happens in that movie is fantastical and it's based on a real story, so...

The film ends with the sheriff, after confronting the absurd, finding hope in the image of his father waiting for him in the distance with a bonfire so they can pass the long cold night. What do you think that symbolizes? The film obviously has a kierkegaardian message. You'd have to be retarded to miss it.

What a stupid piece of shit you are. The movie ends with the sheriff realizing that there is no deep meaning to anything that happens, and that there never has been. Shit just happens.

>putting no country for old men in the same place as prisoners and the departed
sicario is slightly more forgiveable but jesus christ. only good thing about prisoners was the hugh jackman storyline

to answer your question, fargo movie and fargo series. also a serious man and burn after reading

Did Sicario force the prisoner to suck his dick?

Crank and its sequel

Has there ever been a movie protagonist that is more like a player-character from an rpg than Anton Chiughr?

funny you should say that because it worked flawlessly

Have you even fucking read another Cormac Mccarthy novel? He does the same Kierkegaard vs nihilism thing over and over. Tobin vs the Judge in Blood Meridian. The sheriff vs Chigurh in NCFOM. Black vs White in the Sunset Limited. The father and the kid vs the world itself in The Road. How fucking stupid you have to be to think Mccarthy is a nihilist?
Fuck, if anything the few changes the Coen brothers made make the film even more explicitly anti-nihilist than the novel.

No, he tickled him until he couldn't take it anymore.

Who said anything about nihilism you wretched sack of idiocy and aids? The movie doesn't have any deep meaning, and it tells you so directly. If you think this means it's "nihilistic" then you're as stupid and ignorant as you are physically repellant.

stop saying "status quo" so much, you don't know how to use it in a sentence

>Hell or High Water
I relate to this movie on far too many levels.

>Calvary
>Four Lions
>Hamlet (1990)
>Hunger
>Macbeth (2015)
>Place Beyond The Pines
>Slow West
>Trespass Against Us
They're not really similar to Dennis Venezuela or the aforementioned Hell or High Water, but they evidently have no agenda and are just about filmmaking.

I mean who puts a silencer on a shotgun? That's some Player Character looking thru the equipment book and thinking "huh, I wonder if..."

And don't even get me started on the compressed air weapon, that's a player abusing poorly-worded rulings if ever I saw it.

That's literally what it means

Wind River.

Are you trolling?

Wind River

>being this much of a semi-literate baboon

Stop acting like faggots and actually post recommendations like OP wanted. I like those kind of movies as well. Leviathan(2014) and Eastern Promises seem to fit into description.

The Hurt Locker is pretty good. It's not accurate but there's no real "message", it's just about one insane man's journey into hell and how after spending so much time there he's incapable of feeling anything elsewhere. Pretty great ending that manages to be other happy and incredibly sad, everyone lives but even the one guy happy about his situation is just too nuts to understand how he's just committing a form of suicide.

Generation Kill is pretty good too, the marines aren't really heroic and are just trying to stay alive. It's about the most accurate representation of active duty marines I've seen, they just sit around talking about masturbating all day and barely even comprehend why they're there and don't even know what they're fighting for or why.

>and it's based on a real story

lol

>the limited mind dismisses that which it cannot comprehend

Chigurh isn't the protagonist, but yes. Hanzee Dent and Lorne Malvo from Fargo are very similar. Hanzee is just a jaded murderer and Lorne is a master troll.

>there's no real "message"
>it's just about one insane man's journey into hell and how after spending so much time there he's incapable of feeling anything elsewhere.
That's the message right there user. War is a drug. It says as much in a quote at the beginning of the movie.

It's adapted from the life of Ted Turner.

Slow West is so kino, haven't seen it mentioned on here much other than to make fun of the beta guy/Chad fassbender angle

>Chigurh isn't the protagonist

Sure he is. Anton is the protagonist, Llewelyn is the antagonist, and the sheriff is the chorus. This is film-making 101.

No it isn't.

I guess but he never really learns that. He's so insane by the end he doesn't come full circle or anything. He was the same person at the start that he is at the finish.

Go back to bed Ted.

That's the narrative not the message. By your """standards""", literally every movie has a message.

The message is for the audience, not the character.

>I guess but he never really learns that.
He says that there's really only one thing he loves when talking to his infant son. He understands completely that he's just an adrenaline junkie.