I can't decide if this guy is a good actor or just a complete (I'M ACTING) asshat

I can't decide if this guy is a good actor or just a complete (I'M ACTING) asshat.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/culture/2009/jun/23/tom-hardy-star-trek-actor
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Both.

whenever i see a movie with him i switch the channel

Watch Martina Cole's The Take then decide.

You actually watch cable tv?

mhhm be very careful now

He's a good actor but he tries to meme it up with the try hard method acting too much by adding some retarded "trait" to a character that comes off as forced.

pelts

whenever he's on screen I cant focus on anything but his forehead lines, There are so many.

He literally did nothing wrong. They could have cut like 20-25 minutes because I almost fell asleep towards the end

He was great in Warrior and Legend to name a couple
Definitely the former.

This manner of acting works great for Broadway, but can be overkill when the camera is able to zoom up on you.

He's best when he has to play a more subtle character like in The Drop (which is fantastic) or even Mad Max, when he plays bigger eccentric characters (TDKR, Legend) he just goes a bit overboard imo

Really? I thought Legend was awful desu

big things tend to happen whenever he comes on screen

I can't stand this guy. Since Inception all he has done was pure shit. WTF is wrong with his fake accent, use your fucking own voice, we know this isn't XVIIth century. Plus he constantly looks pissed of like an angry cunt. I suspect he's a heavy druggie who is permanently in need of a rail.

Watch Concrete.

Well actually
theguardian.com/culture/2009/jun/23/tom-hardy-star-trek-actor
>Hardy hit the big time in 2002, when he played the villain in Star Trek: Nemesis. Unfortunately, the film flopped. Heralded as the Next Big Thing and then promptly stripped of that imprimatur, Hardy became an alcoholic and a crack addict. His addictions cost him his marriage.

for you

He was an asshole but other than that he didn't do anything wrong. The movie would have been a lot better if they had followed the true story closer.

isn't he a twink fuckboy who let methheads bum him for drugs?

He gets a lifetime pass for "Bronson" alone. He's great. I agree that he overacts and leans too heavily on accents sometimes, but that only seems to happen in films where the script/director aren't very good. The potential is there

He's good but he also has the mumbles shtick.

>switching the channel when TDKR comes on
HOTHEAD

He is genuinly good and hams it up either because he thinks it's funny or because he wants to see how far he can go before his mememing ruins the movie. A lesser actor couldn't pull his mumbling and grunting shit and still get hired for more roles.

he outclassed Leo entirely to the point of ridiculousness in Revenant

HIS NAME IS MAX

I dunno but he played a pretty endearing crackhead.

Has anyone here seen "Locke"? It's supposed to be one of Hardy's best performances.
I've never seen it but I like him regardless. He tends to make whatever he's in better.

He was a crackhead in his youth.

Excellent

locke is great. my favourite performance of his

I wonder if there is a behind the scenes where he unmasks, it might seem odd but I just can't see Tom Hardy whenever I look at that.

NOW RUB SOME ON MY ASS
CMON
QUICKAH
QUICKAH
QUICKAH
QUICKAH
ON MY ASS NOT IN MY ASS YOU FACKING HOMO