Admit it. this is the Same type of lolsorandom celebrity Nonsense as the lady gaga Episode...

admit it. this is the Same type of lolsorandom celebrity Nonsense as the lady gaga Episode, but since nimoy is a "geek icon" and not a pop star it's considered a classic Episode. the simpsons fandom is so blinded by nostalgia it's Deplorable.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IRDt0u4yifc
youtube.com/watch?v=BkJcDxWT1Qg
simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Chuck_Sheetz
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Deplorable

Holy shit, yes. A couple years ago, I watched the space alien episode for the first time since I was a kid, and there were not one, not two, but THREE celebrity guest stars.

> the simpsons fandom is so blinded by nostalgia
This is correct
>this is the Same type of lolsorandom celebrity Nonsense as the lady gaga Episode
This is incorrect

There were a lot of other holes in there that we're good though. You can afford a few misses when they're mixed in with so many hits.

The difference being Nimoy is worthy of recognition and respect while Lady Gayga is a degenerate Gen Z abortion you underage faggot.

I agree completely.

They finally edited Raimi's episode?

You literally proved his point.
>inb4 I was only pretending !

Who was that Simpsons producer who said "Simpsons hasn't changed, you just got old!"

Because that's OP.

I like the modern Simpsons episodes

He shows up at the beginning and end as a little cameo. Lady Gaga was the main story.

This is believable, notsorandom.
youtube.com/watch?v=IRDt0u4yifc

The difference is that Nimoy was a small bit part that wasn't the main focus of the entire episode

It would have been awesome if he was though because Nimoy was actually interesting and cool. He created 2 of the most famous Vulcan hallmarks and lived an interesting life. Lady Gaga is famous for a song about how gay people were born that way.

This, if this episode was made today (And Nimoy was alive) it will ALL revolve around him.

>leanord Nimoy, what is HE doing here?

Lol yeah guys TOTALLY the same

youtube.com/watch?v=BkJcDxWT1Qg

It was because they needed a random b list celebrity to make their monorail unveiling seem classy. It wasn't just let's get a geek icon here

>it's a character calls out the celebrity's name for literally no reason episode

Fucking hell.

No, that song came after she waned in popularity. She's famous because she once stuck a bunch of pork chops on her body. Not to say that Nimoy is much better because he's only famous for his show being really cheap to syndicate.

>Paul McCartney! I read about you in history class!
>But where's your wife, Linda?

I think that was this guy:
simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Chuck_Sheetz

Both the monorail episode as well as the Springfield Files episodes had a story to tell that didn't put the celeb in their center. They would have worked without them.

That is the difference.

Nobody remembers Chuck's Fuck and Suck

Lady Gaga knows more about film and music than you do pal.

The Monorail episode is funny as fuck though. And Nimoy is barly even in it. If you want an example of classic Simpsons having gratuitous guest stars look at Homerpalooza. An episode completely loaded with celebrity cameos, Smashing Pumpkins, Cypress Hill etc. But that episode still works because it has good writing and has an interesting story behind it, of an aging Homer trying to remain hip and cool.

You can't compare a brief cameo like Nimoy to the Lady Gaga episode (or the Elon Musk one, which is just as bad), where the whole episode is just "Celebrity comes to Springfield, lets fellate them for 20 minutes"