Where the fuck did he come from? When did studios start to give hundreds of millions of dollars to absolute nobodies?

Where the fuck did he come from? When did studios start to give hundreds of millions of dollars to absolute nobodies?

He's the acclaimed director behind the well-received and universally loved FANT4STIC

No, Disney fired that guy

*rubs hands*

Looper minus the time paradox was pretty cool

>mfw this guy directing ep IX

I've actually been wondering this too, it seems like a lot of big studios keep hiring literal who's lately to develop sequels to major franchises.
Not that I mind at all, honestly I like that they're doing this instead of getting the same crop of directors for everything and being stuck with more Michael Bays.

He's Jewish. So it probably involved a lot of behind the scenes industry schmoozing and nepotism. This is the answer behind almost every
>literally who?

Hollywood has been doing this "Z-lister to AAA blockbuster directing" schtick for like a decade, and weve all seen the impact that has had on quality

however, in this particular case, Disney has actually reduced this nobody's involvement in the franchise to the point where some even doubt whether he's still gonna direc-- uh, project manage ep IX

Spielberg discovered him at a Bar Mizvah

Well known script doctor who does a shit ton of uncredited rewrites on Hollywood projects

He just got a ton of networking and connections from his script doctoring.

doesn't matter who the diector is, star wars are movies are made by committee.

>Well known script doctor who does a shit ton of uncredited rewrites on Hollywood projects
Yet he can't even write his own movies. What kind of script doctor is he? It reminds me the BS about Carrie Fisher, just because she rewrote two lines she didn't want to say in Star Wars. Pretty sure everyone does this.

>Colin_Treverow
got him mixed up, all of these cucks look the same

>script doctor
Wtf, his own movie scripts are shitty to begin with how is he doctoring on other's scripts.

Because most of the major directors don't want to deal with franchises where there's a lot of studio meddling.

It's funny seeing spergs pretend to like Looper all of a sudden.

>uncredited rewrites
>uncredited

I wonder why.

>Where the fuck did he come from? When did studios start to give hundreds of millions of dollars to absolute nobodies?

They're not giving him anything. These directors are glorified TV directors and are only there to finsih the project on time and budget.

The producers behind him are running the show. That's why they always hire up and coming directors. They just need someone who won't push back and do what they want him to do. Why do you think all these mega franchise films are so fucking bland.

They want a director who they can push around. A guy like Colin Trevorrow has shown that he's competent enough to complete a feature film, but not experienced or creatively distinct enough to have a strong vision and fight for it.

They hire a guy like Colin Trevorrow because they can rewrite his script, tell him where to put the camera, direct his actors for him, plan out his special-effects scenes, and he'll say "OK Boss, sounds good, thanks again for the gig!"

>Wtf, his own movie scripts are shitty to begin with how is he doctoring on other's scripts.

Some people are good at refining ideas and dialog vs creating something completely new.

Because they know they can order him around. They would never consider getting Spielberg or Nolan to make one because they wouldn't put up with their shit and make the movie they wanted to make.

Good luck to -harry potter play guy- for rewritting Treverow's ep IX script.

I read an article that said studios are trying to follow the Nolan method.

Following and Memento were well received even though they were independent and small budget which got WB to hire him for Batman. You make a well enough received indie movie nowadays and studios will pick you up to helm franchises, hoping to find the same success. It also helps that these guys are cheaper than big well known directors and can be bullied by producers because they have no clout.

Josh Trank refused to be bullied by producers and fucked up his career in doing so. The only real successes so far in creating a new Nolan have been with Matt Reeves (who's ironically doing the next Batman movie) and David Sandberg (Lights Out and Annabelle: Creation), he was actually hired off of Vine.

Spielberg is actually the producer behind this guy, Michael Bay and JJ Abrams. SPielberg if the scum of Hollywood. He hasn't made a decent movie in 30 years.

This movie sounds amazing, this is what people were angry about?

But the Nolan trilogy was shit except for Heat Legend.

This is how I feel about Nolan

Hey , what happenned to Gareth Edwards. There was rumours he was furious at the reshoots and decided he wouldn't make a blockbuster again, quit from Godzilla sequel. I guess that was true, he completely vanished. Disney probably gave him enough money to shut him up, he doesn't have to work anymore for the rest of his life

Come on. 20 years.

>he hasn't made a decent movie in 30 years
I've only seen 2 of Berg's films from that last 20 years and I enjoyed them so I can't give an opinion on that. 30 years is bullshit though. Both JP movies he did and Schindler's List were good.

That's too bad. Godzilla was alright and I feel like Rogue One could've been good if he had more creative control, some of it looked really good.

All critical and commercial successes though.

Berg only made the first Jurassic Park, you don't know what you're talking about And that is his last decent movie, the rest is just propaganda and miserable attempt to make a good sci-fi movie. His film are just vanilla overload, nothing provocative or deep. He's a typical Hollywood shill.

yeah when i first read the complains i thought the same.
Treverow is like a shitposter on Sup Forums
you gotta watch the movie.

drumpfags BTFO

>Well known script doctor who does a shit ton of uncredited rewrites on Hollywood projects
Sadly, you know who else was a well known script doctor who did excellent work?

Carrie Fisher

>you gotta watch the movie.
Is it out on DVD/Blu-ray?

Oh wait that's even more embarrassing, that movie was pure dogshit.

another mystery solved. i'm sure it's just a coincidence

SHUT

That was just a rumour. If she was good she would be making her own script and be proud of it instead of doing script doctoring. There's just a paper where she modified her lines in Star Wars and it was blown out of proportion.

Sucks to know that even if 8's good, 9's gonna suck, another trilogy with a shitty final film.
Much like the bland, sloppy Russos, this guy's just a company man. No discernible style or artistry, just delivers the product they demand.

Wrong

She wrote the script for that Meryl Streep movie.

You're an idiot, they just want to control them

No like Nolan he is an author.

It's auteur, you pleb.

I checked her imdb, that's the only film she wrote and nobody ever heard of that film. She's credited for one episode of Young Indian Jones thanks George...And one episode of Roseanne. The rest is bullshit jokes for television events.

He remind me of someone who is a hack

He liked Jurassic World. Actual, non-ironic hack.

>he liked Jurassic World

So did I, for... reasons.

as a shlock iirc

Is Mike a jew too? Could it exlain why he hated on George Lucas but sucked JJ Abrams dick?

You can't just excuse bad movies by calling them "schlock", Mike.

Once the the production decisions have been made, and the tone has been set, the director just has to be a guy that has a proven track record of being able to get the footage in the can on time and within budget.
These movies aren't stylistically risky.

>he was actually hired off of Vine.
Fucking kill me now

I can't find the article now, but I'm sure it was him. Making something interesting in 7 seconds must be hard though.

>what is the the original trilogy
>what is the prequel trilogy

>That was just a rumour
I remember hearing that RUMOUOUR in the 1990s, stick to refuting things you actually know about, Captain Millennial.

>gotta squeeze them together to make them not look like droopy post-third-kid socks

It's just like when Tobe Hooper masturbated in a corner while Spielberg directed Poltergeist. It's like a dream job.