Two first world, western countries went at war with eachother towards the end of the 20th century

>two first world, western countries went at war with eachother towards the end of the 20th century
>over a fucking island
>A FUCKING ISLAND
explain this shit (falkland war)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_invasion_of_Grenada
youtube.com/watch?v=VKkcTpCur7g
youtu.be/j1XomrBRzwg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>The falklands(Malvinas) are just one island
Mutt at its best truly

Are you willing to give up California to Mexico?

>implying

>commiefornia
yea lol

It was more of a,my pirate dick is bigger than your pirate dick

Too bad Argies didnt win.

The UK should have Argie military bases all over it helping them to be more democratic.

Bad example
A better one would be
>Are you willing to give the Gadsden purchase to Mexico

It was about the popularity of Tatcher and the popularity of the dictatorship.

Argentina was a right wing dictatorship looking for a populist source of pride so they could cling onto to power longer. They thought winning a war over islands they claimed would work.

as far as I'm familiar with the story, the argentinians were in a political crisis and the government went for the falklands as a way out

1980s Argentina was shit my dude. And even today I probably wouldn't call it first world. Not since the 50s.

>argies
>westerm
>first world
pick none

You almost made the same thing you cunts.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_invasion_of_Grenada

No one lives in the Falklands while we Californians are literally 1 in every 8 Americans. Alaska is maybe a better comparison but half a million people still live there. Maybe Guamy? Nah, still too many people.

if we are to start naming all united statian of america's blunders we will be here all night

>1980s argentina
>First world

>grenada
>first world

>>grenada
>>first world

Hence the "almost".

This
The Brits were just claiming the entire fucking planet

Yes.

Also yes. Please take the whole Southwest as far north as Santa Fe, just leave San Diego and the immediate surrounding area for us because it's a pretty useful place to base our navy. All you have to do is pay us $457 million (same amount we paid you for the region in 1848, adjusted for inflation) and agree to help us patrol the border. You get tens of billions of dollars, we get to be free from annoying chicanos, everybody wins.

>When defending your own territory is piracy
dumb slav

Honestly the Grenada intervention doesn’t even belong on the blunders list. We won that one pretty quick and got a cool Clint Eastwood movie out of it.

falklanders were being attacked and we defended them
simple as

Seems like a bit of a scam
But I would take it
Agreed on the american exclave on San Diego

yea fair enough that was a righteous intervention

The argies made this to teach you

youtube.com/watch?v=VKkcTpCur7g

the answer is the government making a bad decision to try to divert the people's attention from the other bad decisions, and only triggering more bad decisions later on
pic related is just GDP per capita, but there are a bunch of other relevant metrics like inflation and inequality and government deficit and debt increase that were all going to shit
when you're feeling down, rejoice at the fact your ruling class and the average voter in your cunt are not as dumb as they are here

The UK was in a very weak position at the time (This was during the decolonisation process, everyone saw Britain as the poor man of Europe), and Argentina was ruled by the military who wanted to distract the public with what they assumed would be a quick and easy war.

Here's an interesting video on US coverage of when the war broke out:
youtu.be/j1XomrBRzwg

>
only 2 Falklanders died, both to British shelling

Rest of the world absolutely blown the fuck out.

Fucking yanks

Daily reminder that the Americans are not and have never been our allies.

fucking hell that is so satisfying to see them put in their place

Powerful
Only thing i can say is
>Las Malvinas son Argentinas!

shouldn't've started a war then

got your explanation right here

Based Eesti cockposter

>Argentina
>First world country

lol

Anyway, we had a some crazy ass dictators who's popularity were on the floor due to the economic crisis and human rights violations