Reminder Normies and casual viewers don't watch the classics

why does Sup Forums think they do?

calling people 'normies' is the biggest shibboleth for being a cancerous newfag

There are thousands of classics now and more screen related hobbies

But neither do you, Sup Forums
Does that make you a normalfag?

I'm not that surprised.

Im sure everyone in the 50s and 60s was constantly watching silent films from the 1910s. Oh wait no they fucking werent. OP is a fag

>the millennial meme
when will blaming people half their age finally end

A lot of this is more due to the fact that studios had no interest in maintaining or screening silent films, regardless of what people wanted.

When television really hit in the 50s though, the demand for them to open up their vaults did increase significantly.

In 2011 I was talking about BttF with a few people and a couple of them had never seen it. I was really sad that day.

>mobile poster
>clickbait article
>muh millenials
>broken english
Consider ending yourself.

>long ass black and white movies with shitty or no effects, no gore, no quips
the fuck were they thinking?

Disgusting. Really gives the word "pleb" new meaning. Or at least gives the word back it's original meaning

Yeah I bet they asked millions of people on their taste in movies, i couldn't be that they talked with four college fucks that only watch vice tier sponsored queer cinema.

Can you blame us. There's plenty to watch each year like and those movies look so bad and old. It hurts to look at.

Don't know if this is bait but you sound like my 8 year old nephew who wouldn't play PlayStation 2 games with me because the "graphics were bad"

the oldest movie ive ever watched was the first star wars... im 19 btw

I keep up with the modern classics from Marvel.

yeah, yeah.

This. Normalfags fucking ruined this place

I'm 25 and the oldest film I've watched was 12 Angry Men. bretty good film.

I'm 23 and my oldest was Frankenstien from 1931 and I actually liked it quite a lot.

>no gore
>He hasn't seen un chien andalou

>once upon a time in the west

Still haven't seen that one but my little brother has, does that make him more patrician than me Sup Forums?

this

their missing out on prime waifus

1982 here.

Never seen Gone with the Wind
Never seen Ben-Hur
Lawrence of Arabia was horrible
Ten Commandments was a shit.

I'm seen Avengers like four times, great movie!

>you think this is bait, but you are wrong

Oldest film I can think of watching is seven samurai desu, it was good but it needed blood and gore desu

T. 23 y/o

Dude there are do many samurai movies complete with the arterial blood gush, just like in your cambodian comic strips. Go watch some zaitoichi films. Shit's cash.

you really haven't seen Wizard of Oz?

>No quips
What?

why are boomers so obsessed with what milennials like and don't like

>millennials cant resist clickbait

most of the so called classics suck
they are only propped up by pseuds

none of those are classics

I can barely watch stuff from 2007

There really needs to be some specification between millenial half A and millenial half B.

People born in 1985 are nothing like people born in 1995.

I think the problem is that people have a tendency to consider anything older than a certain age "classic" and therefore automatically better than anything that came after it. Sup Forums is the same way with video games.

There are no doubt great movies from the early 20th century but the truth is that, just like today, the vast majority of the movies made then were shit.

Watched stranger on a train last night for the first time. I was in awe. did actors back then usually put more effort in to their script then they do back then?

To be honest those are all grossly overrated films. The one thing they have in common is that what it took to produce them, such as the elaborate practical effects and the building of the huge sets (any one of those films would cost well over a billion dollars to make if they were produced using the exact same methods today) are undoubtedly impressive and awe-inspiring. But as far as shit like dialog, the acting itself, the writing, etc. none of them are particularly good movies. People are just tragically nostalgic for them, and the era in which they were made.

The want to see new things always outweighs seeing something most everyone knows about already.

I hate Millennials now.

and if they did the article would be "Millenials don't really care about new movies, they live in the past!" or something like that

Like sanjuro?

millenials all need to be holocausted.

>Why aren't millennials having sex?
Literally what?

I woudnt be suprised if they start destroyed copies of old films soon

>butthurt boomers

Coming from board that openly hates Citizen Kane, go fuck yourself.

>anyone up to their early thirties needs to be holocausted
So, nearly 80 percent of the current active workforce? That sounds feasible.

only the ones from white directors

>He hasn't seen un chien andalou

No one should watch that crap.

>hey millenials don't you know? you are not supposed to care about those old movies! watch Spiderman: Diversity's Coming instead!

So true. We should focus on the aryan cinema of the past, not dwell on the white-genocidal flicks of today!

Well they sure as shit aren't having sex with me.

>aryan cinema of the past

All I've been watching the past few years have been movies made before 1970.
If they're saying teens don't watch them, then of fucking course they don't.

Nazi films were generally all trash, user. With no art or skill. Fuck off.

Nice trips but Olympia is (sadly) an aesthetic masterpiece

exactly you faggit. society needs a hard reset.

Who are millenials, and what is their grand sin that warrants the scorn of the mighty internet?

You keep telling yourself that, Cletus.

I'm sorry dude but Ricky ricardo and lawrence of arabia weren't aryan figures.

This is the same shit every 10 years. It's all a meme.

most movies I've wateched recently have been cheesy scifi films from 60s and 70s
I suppose that makes me a special snowflake Kek
I call bullshit on that study
They probably asked people "have you watched a movie from before 1960?" and most millenials said no, because they would assume that movies like wizard of Oz and Sound of Music were films from the 80s or something

that maureen o'hara was a fine woman

Sup Forums thinks it's kids born in 2000 and beyond but it's actually people born in the early 80s up to a vaguely defined point in the 90s. Nearly everyone on Sup Forums is a millennial.

Try tinder, even the most autistic, showervirgin can find a fuck buddy.

That's how we know you wouldn't talk to us in real life.

The older generation shits on the newer.

Why should we? Most of the "classic" films reeks of the casual racism, sexism, homophobia and transphobia that no longer is accepted by modern standards. That's like asking us to value the contributions of the Middle Ages when that period was nothing but religious fanaticism, anti-intellectualism, anti-science, and disease, war, famine, witch burnings, and slavery until the Renaissance saved humanity from those evils.

>millenials
>80 percent of the current active workforce

Haha, good one.

I have a friend who hasn't ever watched a black and white movie. No It's A Beautiful Life, no Citizen Kane. Nothin.

I don't think he's even seen a modern black and white film like Schindler's List or Pleasantville.

He's mostly into comic book movies. who'da guessed, lol

What would you even classify as a "Classic" surely you aren't retarded enough to just say anything that's in black and white with a few exceptions.

Millenials are anyone up to mid thirties you fucking retard.

I take it you meant 'It's A Wonderful Life'. Funny thing about that movie. I rewatched it for the first time in several years last Christmas and was surprised to find out that the segment where he finds out what life would be like if he was never born was only like 10 minutes of the whole movie.

literally fuck off faggot

You bad with math?

35+ is not millennial

>shibboleth
is this word kino?

Cutoff is accepted at 35. Even if it was 30, that is STILL the majority of the workforce. You are a tard.

I first watched it in 2010

Ha, good one

You need to be attractive for tinder.

>A minority of demographers and researchers start the generation in the mid-to-late 1970s, such as Synchrony Financial which describes Millennials as starting as early as 1976, Mobilize.org which uses 1976–1996, MetLife which uses birth dates ranging from 1977–1994, and Nielsen Media Research which uses 1977–1995.

Synchrony Financial in particular is legit

guy in the back not sure if he should react positively or negatively

I'm sorry

>i'm a literal sub human pleb with gutter taste
thanks for sharing user

It is what it is

I've recommended movies from the 80's and 90's to colleagues only to be told those movies are "too old."

when Nolan dies they will discredit his legacy. he will be remembered as a rapist or a junkie or some awful thing like that

Yes

If there is a single film in the history of cinema that deserves to be seen in 70mm on a massive screen, it's Lawrence of Arabia.

>tfw I have

Good. The classics are racist and must be forgotten.

>mfw normies think Star Wars in a classic film

Fuck you

Lawrence of Arabia isn't just a technical film. If you can't see why the fuck it's a masterpiece of character and acting you're fucking irredeemable.

(4965+14027+33722)/151436 = 35%
>Even if it was 30, that is STILL the majority of the workforce

really makes you think

it is. name a more influencial, iconic film

I've only seen 2 movies earlier than 1980 and one of those is star wars. There's nothing wrong with not wanting to watch 80 year old movies to pretend you're cool.

Will people hate Batman for being a white male?

>people born 1980s have the same life experience as someone born in 1998
Sup Forums literally has the dumbest posters

to a millenial, Goodfellas is considered a classic film.