Machiyama also said that Netflix's live-action series have "five times the budget of a Japanese film...

> Machiyama also said that Netflix's live-action series have "five times the budget of a Japanese film. Five times [the budget] in one episode." He said that Netflix is now active in Japan, and "it lets Japanese film directors and anime producers make their works."
> Machiyama said that the cooperation allows for the budget for simultaneous releases worldwide. He believes "Japan's anime industry will soon change completely. And the film industry will also change."
Where were you when Netflix pulled off a cultural victory?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rEjeRwnFwe4
youtu.be/Sq9OdQrn5L0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I want to have sex with Yui.

I want to have sex with you

[spolier]Oh god I'm so lonely.[/spoiler]

Remember when Sup Forumsutist swore up and down that the anime industry thrives without western money and it doesn't need our money?

If you check Sup Forums I'm sure they'll still deny it, and you'll probably get banned for not contributing quality discussion in the process.

Toonami is still verboten on Sup Forums. So, don't be surprised.

Does this mean they will finally stary producing good shows?

They'll start funding shows that people outside of their narrow audience wants to see like they did back during the anime boom in the aughts.

Anime will be a failure in the west like it always will be. Netflix might succeed in Japan with their simulcasts but they've alienated the hardcore anime fanbase by delaying the subs to the end of the season and normies were never going to watch anime.

>> Machiyama also said that Netflix's live-action series have "five times the budget of a Japanese film

Have you seen Japanese films lately. A lot of them are low budget.

youtu.be/rEjeRwnFwe4

youtu.be/Sq9OdQrn5L0

Korean dramas will be the next big thing.A lot Weebs will watch them for the same reason they watch anime.

>normies
>he thinks his Japanese cartoons are obscure

>Anime will be a failure in the west like it always will be

Nice English, but anime has been on and off in popularity in the West. It depends on what they do. But, NF is bringing much more money than their normal sponsors for sure.

What anime from this season are normies watching?

I just hope this might put an end to moeshit

stupid shit can't even draw haruhi there properly.

I'm not the guy, but anime is pretty mainstream. Yeah I'm sure you can find obscure anime that normies don't watch, but the fact that anime as a genera is pretty popular these days.

Name one.

I want to have a jam session with Yui
too lewd for

Attack on Titian, One punch man.

Not surprising, American shows tend to have much bigger budgets than the japs. They're more willing to throw money at things vs japs who tend to jew everything up.

Not from this season.

All talented anime artists are dead or retired. There is almost no one left.

More like Japs have the good sense to not overpay their actors. Is Hollywood accounting a thing in Japan?

If it has 5 times the budget, why does Netflix anime look so much worse than regular anime?

90sfags are the narrow audience. You guys have watched ten shows

Boruto and you are a retard to think just because an user can't name something that has come out this season. That some how makes anime obscure. Pretty much ever youtube has been sponsored by Cruncyroll at one time or another.Korean drama that is the real obscure shit.

Boruto started last season and it's a long-running show. That'd be like citing DB Super as a show from "this season." When normies are regularly following shows seasonally you can call anime mainstream.

They use the money to finance their other anime.

Nobody cares, can you fuck off with the netflix anime threads?

>When normies are regularly following shows seasonally

That isn't how season work. Boruto is still airing thus it is a show is out this season. I think it's cute that you are trying to shove anime back in the bottle and pretending it's some obscure thing, but he fact that pretty much everybody and their mom saw AoT or FMA. makes it main stream. When store like wal-mart sell anime it's mainstream.

Not the same guy, but every anime season tends to have a new crop of shows that people follow. Unlike American tv shows which are often a new season of a continuing show that people follow.

Most anime is 12-13 episodes long.

That cool I don't really watch anime in season episode format. I tend to only watch thing I can binge. With that said asking to name a show that came out this season is ignore the fact that anime is mainstream.

Boruto is not a seasonal show, it's a long-running show that airs on evenings as opposed to the late night times of seasonal shows which only run for around twelve episodes. To be following a season you have to watch seasonal shows, not the shonenshit that run for hundreds of episodes.

I like how that is what you focus on. Not the fact that wal-mart sells anime.

Wal-Mart sells a lot of things that aren't considered mainstream. I wouldn't even consider buying discs mainstream anymore when normies mostly stream.

Well they also sell classical movies and we know millennials don't watch them so maybe walmart only sells niche videos?

> Anno
> Miyazaki
> Oshii