/who/ Dr Who General

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kz2IP0R6YgU
youtube.com/watch?v=YCkDXegqjR0
dalek6388.co.uk/gav-visits-bbc-roath-lock-studios-18th-march-2015/
youtube.com/watch?v=mh8xyDlLXfc
thepiratebay.org/torrent/18096027/Doctor_Who_2005_Season_10_Complete_720p_HDTV_x264_[i_c]
thepiratebay.org/torrent/18089038/Doctor.Who.2005.SEASON.10.S10.COMPLETE.1080p.WEBRip.6CH.x265.HEV
mega.nz/#F!NLhFgbZJ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Imagine the even better alternate reality where it went Extremis>Actually Brainwashed Evil Doctor episode>Second Actually Brainwashed Evil Doctor episode.

I'm alarmed.

doctor poo

How would he be brainwashed already in part 2?

So, you screw around twice by linking to other threads before making this one. It wasn't funny.
Then, when you did make this one, you used an old meme for the main photo, and you didn't even put up a proper edition title.

Why don't you just die?

...Is this what you see before you die, lads?

Anyone listen to this one? Is it any good?

This makes me feel slightly better about just posting my threads like a couple of posts too early.

I'm still trying to hold off from posting any new ones though.

Reminder.

youtube.com/watch?v=Kz2IP0R6YgU

Doc Oho gave it 0/10 so I'm not in any hurry to listen to it

Why so uptight, user? Just relax and stop stressing about pointless shit. You'll live longer.

>Doc Oho.
Shit, I saw that as well. I didn't think anyone else knew about that blog on these threads.

Different user here. He's one of the few people with a large amount of (honest) audio reviews, it's natural that people know about him.

I like Doc Oho. Wish he would write more audio reviews though.

Imagine being the failed pop star they got in to record that

>you used an old meme for the main photo
literally nothing wrong with this

He has a couple of questionable opinions (The Visitation 4/10, Attack of the Cybermen 8/10) but I use him to figure out what Big Finish stories are worth checking out

Leave it m8 or he'll start with the calling you cats bullshit.

>Doc Oho gave Hell Bent 3/10

Fucking dropped

pleb

Did I take a wrong turn and somehow end up in a cringe thread on Sup Forums?

literally who and literally why should I give a fuck

We've just been talking about him earlier in the thread, user

I tune out any posts about non canon ear stories

Yawn. You sound like a boring person.

IT WAS A COLD WET NIGHT IN NOVEMBER

Well before I desert my Dr Who after casting a female Doctor in a charismatic male part, I still have THIS delight

youtube.com/watch?v=YCkDXegqjR0

It's annoying, only a few people cover loads of big finish, and none of them have taste similar to me. I usually just ask here for opinions on audios I'm unsure about, because folks on blogs and whatnot tend to skew far too positive for my taste.

Shut up Ian

TWENTY TWO YEARS AGO

THIS IS REALLY SHIT - IT SUCKS - IT'S STUPID - KILLS THE SHOW. I want nothing more to do with it and I HATE CHRIS CHIBNALL - HE CAN FUCK OFF

CHRIS CHIBNALL MAKES ME WANNA VOMIT

He has put the final nail into Doctor Who.

RIP

How so? Neither Styre nor Doc Oho liked the War Doctor audios, and they were definitely on the fence about most of Doom Coalition and many of the recent audios.

>KILLS THE SHOW
And Ian would know cos he helped kill it originally.

Would Victory of the Daleks be better if they had a better Dalek redesign?

Not by much.

Fuck me, when are we gonna get some new missing episodes found?

Probably never. We have to accept there's a finite amount of them that will ever be available, and the more time goes on the more likely it is that we've hit the limit.

Give it time. Nobody expected 9 missing episodes to show up back in 2013.

Yeah, I guess. I said that more out of sadness than impatience. The fact that the episodes were destroyed and we'll probably never see them legitimately upsets me.

Victory is underrated.

When they start offering a better reward maybe.

That's exactly the design I was thinking of, they would've actually had a chance of being accepted and fully replacing the old ones.

There's still audios, pictures, and transcripts of them. That's more than many other British shows at the time have.

Have they dropped the Power Ranger Daleks now?

Still upset about that, user?

I'm no great defender of Zagreus but when Oho calls it completely worthless and just thinks of ideas he's prefer, that's a totally valid view he backs up, but shows to me we're not on the same page at all and value different things in audios. Reading his reviews of Shearman stuff too, he just doesn't approach stories like I do, which is perfectly fine, but doesn't make him super useful as a reviewer to me.

Styre, like Oho, has some stuff I agree with and like sure, but I hate this style of, like....I read his review of the mcgann vashta nerada story, he gives a bunch of good reasons why it doesn't really work...then gives it a 7/10. It's like these people with time and dedication enough to review all this Doctor Who are so consumed by if they congratulate anything related to Doctor Who just for existing. I can't bring myself to be excited about a critic who just judges Doctor Who by Doctor Who. Sandifer falls into this a lot too, although at least he's more aware of it.

It would appear so. They were on the set for The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar (alongside a movie-style Dalek) but were ultimately not filmed.

They pretty much lowkey dropped them yeah

Yfw Big Finish do a Paradigm Dalek story and redeem them

Is it really different enough from the gold ones to be worth making all new props, though?

Do you have photographic evidence for this

>found
almost certainly have been already by the likes of ian levine but they're hoarding them and being greedy bastards

1/2

Ian Levine probably found some primo missing episodes like Tenth Planet 4 and Evil of the Daleks, but locked them away until the event of his death. And when they're released, Levine's underlings will release a pre-written message of his going "YOU SEE, PHUCKHEADS? I'VE BEEN RECOVERING MISSING EPISODES UNTIL MY DYING BREATH. SO YOU BETTER CELEBRATE MY WORK OR PHUCK OFF."

Maybe if I had some I would be.

It looks too small (they should be bigger than the Time War Daleks shouldn't they?) and would raise some serious canon questions but fuck that's cool

Where did it come from/did they make it? I don't remember Dalek6388 mentioning it

I don't think they actually have any photos of the Paradigms but this is where I got the info:

dalek6388.co.uk/gav-visits-bbc-roath-lock-studios-18th-march-2015/

Nvm they haven't done an article on Series 9 yet

Oh, neat

I really do love Dalek6388. It's literally completely pointless knowlege, but it's really enthralling for whatever reason.

>go on any upload from the OFFICIAL. DOCTOR WHO. YOUTUBE CHANNEL.
>every comment is "2005-2009 was the best", "Tennant was the best doctor he should come back", "RTD > Moffat", "Capaldi is a shit doctor"
>these comments have 250+ likes

Eighteen months is too long to wait, Bring back the doctor don't hesitate. It was a cold wet night in November Twenty-two years ago, There was a police boc in a junkyard We didn't know where it would go, An old man took two teachers Into time and space, It started off a legend That no other could replace. Doctor in distress, Let's all answer his S.O.S., Doctor in distress, Bring him back now, we won't take less. There were evil metal creatures Who tried to exterminate, Inside each of their casings Was a bubbling lump of hate, We met cybernetic humans With no feelings at all, Warriors of the ice Who stood over seven feet tall. Bring him back now we won't take less, If we stop his travels he'll be in a mess, The galaxy will fall to eveil once more, With nightmarish monsters fighting a war. We've learned to accept six doctors With companions at their side, When they were faced with danger They didn't run and hide, There was a Brigadier and a Master And a canine computer, Each screaming girl just hoped That a Yeti wouldn't shoot her. Doctor in distress, Let's all answer his S.O.S., Doctor in distress, Bring him back now, we won't take less.

Plebs gotta hang out somewhere too desu

Can we do a /who/ cover of Doctor in Distress?

We should have for the actual hiatus last year

Doctor Who is dead.

There is no Paradigm Dalek in this photo.

imagine the BBCUSA not doing shit so its on Disney.

Screw the Humpty Dumpty Daleks but I'm genuinely gutted that the movie Dalek didn't make the cut.

They seriously need to fire whoever is doing the coverr art. Are they just lazy or fucking morons thinking that looked good enough to sell?

That one is fan made.

>tfw we'll never see Perkin's and 12 reunite of have a cameo from Craig Ferguson

Never see...but we may hear

Why is she such a qt?

Well shit, it seems I only have OHO to rely on.

Cause baby she was born that way

Speaking of audios, there's quite the sale on Companion Chronicles

>this video
>these comments

LMAO
Peaceful community for sure
And you wonder why people think everyone who watches doctor who in 2017 is autist

where'd you get this one from?

Looks like Howard from Big Bang Theory after a skin graft.

>They start to rehearse for a shot, and hush descends. Missy says that being tied up and locked in a cupboard reminds her of the Doctor’s wedding.
>“Wedding?” asks Clara, shocked.
>The Doctor corrects Missy, saying that she is thinking of the stag night. Then they reminisce about laser slugs.
>“We were friends then. What happened?” asks the Doctor, out of view.

Why didn't we get this scene?

Whovianism is the fandom of peace. You can't judge us all by the actions of a few extremists.

Hey /who/ I'm gonna be traveling a lot in the next 10 days and I want to rewatch s10. Where's the best place to download the eps?

It'll probably take till August 30th for me to get the pdf fully set up. So if anyone wants to write something for ST Vol 2 in the meantime, here's what I'm annoyed is missing:

>more Seventh Doctor fics

>more Twelfth Doctor fics

>Bill Potts stories

>Charley stories

>overall audio companion representation

>overall book companion representation

>overall comics companion representation

>Class fics

>more Fourth Doctor fics

>a Martha Jones fic

Post your story to pastebin or use a Google Doc (Google Doc keeps formatting), and paste the link in thread, preferably as a reply to one of my posts.

What's /who/ with you?

eating lunch right now but can go find links in a bit

how's it going immigrant?

might relisten to an audio i fell asleep listening to last night. don't you hate it when you lose your place like that?

Going OK. Basically slept all day. I might write some fic tonight.

How's your Charley entry going?

I'd love that, I'll be up late packing.

Trips redeemed

...I miss Davros...
I would just bring over some bourbon and just chill. Guy is a misunderstood.

>he had his eyes closed ALL ALONG

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

I want to help Davros write children's books.

Al the dalek bumps are actually skarosian onions, in a state of perpetual chopping, and only Davros is affected. He keeps them closed because otherwise they burn from the onions. That's why when he finally opened them in Witch's Familiar, he cried.

>daleks have a parliament
>daleks make dalek-humans by implanting dalek eye and dalek gun into them
>daleks have an asylum with mad daleks

I will never forgive and I will never forget that. Truly never. The ultimate hack.

No worries, hope your travels are exciting.

If you're happy to torrent, you could use any of these:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/18096027/Doctor_Who_2005_Season_10_Complete_720p_HDTV_x264_[i_c]
^720p, should play on pretty much everything

thepiratebay.org/torrent/18089038/Doctor.Who.2005.SEASON.10.S10.COMPLETE.1080p.WEBRip.6CH.x265.HEV
^1080p, HEVC though, so it might not play on tablets or phones, laptops would be fine though

If you don't want to torrent, you could use MEGA

mega.nz/#F!NLhFgbZJ
^720p, HEVC though. Key is "!wY9J72A6ReGnezCxGRfrxg"

I just picked some quick downloads, there are much higher quality ones if you wanted that.

Why so sleepy? And pretty good, will work on it some more this arvo

>Time Lords have a CIA
>Time Lords have a presidency
>Time Lords can only regenerate 13 times

I will never forgive and I will never forget that. Truly never. The ultimate hack.

Neo please express your opinion on this video

The War Games is easily, easily, easily the best depiction of Time Lords. All the later stuff, I get it, it's a big part of the show and all, but it's not kino. It was probably inevitable to kill the mystery eventually though.

Saying that, I do prefer writers who grin and bear it and deal with the mess of Gallifreyan continuity rather than just handwaving it. To a degree. I preferred Moffat actually dealing with the regeneration limit in story, rather than RTD just trying to handwave it in a spinoff. But I'm also glad Moff doesn't engage too much with Gallifrey. Though RTD's depiction of the Time Lords worked better for me. They both handled it as best they could mostly.

Shit, it's a long one, I'll watch it just for you user. Even though I really don't wanna watch a vid with that title, or a long YouTube vid pretty much ever

You forgot
>daleks make human daleks by mutating into them

god bless you Neo, thanks

But those were the insane Daleks who mutated Oswin. They were too crazy to realize that this sounded dumb.

Have you really forgotten Daleks in Manhattan?