Today for the first time I truly understood what it meant for a movie to be "reddit" after seeing this...

Today for the first time I truly understood what it meant for a movie to be "reddit" after seeing this.Everything about it was so quirky and embarrassing. Please don't tell me any of you actually like this movie

British """""""""humor"""""""""

Read the Trilogy of four (actually five) books
The movie hot garbage
And yes I know a trilogy is 3
And thus post should end in 42

I actually love this movie. Read the books btw.

>thus
This*

Honestly it's the other way around. They are the way they are because of this movie/book

This movie made me hate Sam Rockwell for a long time. Probably one of the most annoying characters and performances ever. He's not even like that in the book so I don't know what the fuck they were going for.

the tv show > the movie

Even the 70's BBC TV show was better than this trash heap of a movie
That's an idea have a series
It could possibly do the books some sort of justice

but didnt this come out before reddit was even a thing? id agree that its the type of quirk reddit would upboat in 2017, but back then it was still fresh

Hive mind
Mynigga.jpg

for the first time i truly understood what it meant for a thread to be "reddit" after seeing this thread

Yeah but it perfectly embodies that stereotypical reddit brand of humor. A dash of lol so random but while being sometimes le existential and "witty"

"we are alone in the universe" said the bacon before jumping to his death in the frying pan

there, that's a hitchiker's guide joke, it's just shit like that

42 XD

its fucking weird that the guide essentially exists in reality and everyone has one now.
use your phone and wikpedia or lyft/uber to hitchhike

That BBC shit is more low budget than TOS Star Trek. It looks like a fucking nightmare or fever dream.

this movie, and the books, all came out before before "42" was ran into the ground as some shitty nerd meme like the cake is a lie

shut the fuck up and enjoy the movie for what it is when it was released

When I was in high school a retarded kid lent me this movie on DVD. I only accepted it to be nice but it actually wasn't that bad. He was a nice guy.

B-but it reminds me of a website I don't like

'Man getting hit by football followed by laughtrack and adbreak, complete with celebrity appearence with causes the audience to screech and clap'
Yank humour everyone.

>beeblebrox's second head was underneath the first
throw it in the trash

ok obi-wan

>Man getting hit by footbal
..in the nuts

I dare you to try and do your simple explanation of a country's humor with japan

Check my answer

ok.

'With a portion of the screen taken by a panel of Japanese celebrities for reactions, a man on the streets of Tokyo does something that breaks composure or slightly disgusting. Passing group of schoolgirls are scared but laughing and begin running. Stunt may or may not involve a middle aged man in underwear and vest. Panel of celebrities are in an uproar or astonishment, sound effects may or may not have been added.

This is fun.

Nice

The radio show is where it's at desu

"Weird, unexpected things happen and interrupt a mundane situation."