Is he unironically the good guy and just misunderstood? Think about it, the Night King is a really tragic dude...

Is he unironically the good guy and just misunderstood? Think about it, the Night King is a really tragic dude, he got unwillingly turned into an ice nuke and forced to kill mankind. There's got to be more to him than the standard cliched ultimate evil with no motivations or character. Post theories

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cNV1J-8DUjI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

have you seen how edgy and evil the whole cast of this show is?

wiping them all out is a mercy

I'd love it if they give the Ice King an I Am Legend twist or something like that, but I'm sure that just like the I Am Legend movie, he's just going to be a one dimensional pure evil incarnate guy, plunging world into darkness and all that. There are so many ways that they can make him into a compelling villain, just like all the other villains we've had, but just like all the rest of the potential in this show, they'll find some way to squander that too.

Bran, my son. There must always be a Night King

He was always the good guy, he was created to stop a foreign invader killing the native population. The first men are the real antagonists.

literally this

it's just a test to see if humanity can put aside it's bullshit to fight a common enemy every now and again. Bran will become the lich king

Hes Bran the autist but 10000 years old rick n morty pickle rick style

>tfw you will never get your eerily beautiful and mysterious ice demon Others, armed with crystal swords and camouflage armor, and instead get frost zombies with horn crowns and javelins

Dabid ruined my life

he just wants to give the gift of immortality for all humanity, sounds like the best guy ever

>white walkers but from a san fransisco gay bar
ok

yes
t. a psychopathic realist

ALL HAIL BASED /OURBOY/ NIGHT CHAD

He is just a typical ancient lich king villain type

He is plot device to unite all beneton westeros AGAINST A GREATER ENEMY

Moreover they already spoiled his origins.
WTF there to discuss? THERE IS NO COMPLEX PLOT TWIST

He is literally Satan, why do you want him to be some weak shit?He's the evil incarnate.

If he wins, will the winter last forever?

i still like mine better
>:-(

>There's got to be more to him than the standard cliched ultimate evil with no motivations or character.
In the books? Very likely
In the show? Standard cliched ultimate evil with no motivations or character will do perfectly well

That's retarded but knowing D&D you're probably right. Shame tho, making him a multifaceted character would really round off the whole "there is no good and evil" theme in the books

Bad guys in most HBO shows are edgy and comically evil. Don't kid yourself.

youtube.com/watch?v=cNV1J-8DUjI

He won't win
Not when murrikans do the show

The only one thing will be is that someone will have to take his place or smth

I just want him to win. At least then I wouldn't have to bear with Dany's "acting" and all the fucking drama.

People have told me his writing was kind of foul and sometimes drawn out. Did he form a better story though?

>I just want him to win.
Normies will be blown out.
Sorry it won't happen.

t.D&D

Were there even undead armies before they killed crastor and stopped the flow of newborns to be turned into whitewalkers?

Maybe when they killed crastor the white walkers were left with no choice because without newborns their population will dwindle and by stopping crastors sacrifices they have broken a thousands of years old treaty or something.

Look at how the first season was, lots of worldbuilding, political intrigue, characters acting like real human beans, fantasy cliches generally avoided
While the last seasons are typical lol hollywood fantasy
The books keep on being more like season 1, although the books 4 and 5 get more convoluted and drawn out

much better story, the others are not evil bad guys there is a lot of mystery around them

the books and show is called Game of Thrones
its all a GAME being as its based on Dungeons&Dragons
the end will be a bunch of westeros kids playing the game much like D&D is played

it's really fucking bad, half of the things are not even true.that's why nobody used it

It's actually about Bran watching the Game of Thrones from his comfy psychic treenet
Meta as fuck

yeah I understand exactly what you mean. it's a shitty trend.

you mean like black and white characters?
not sure how to respond to that unless I get some non-macro opinions.

fuck you

>MAKE DEM EEEBILL DABBIIDDDD

I think more backstory to the Children would be nice. They started all this by creating white walkers to wipe out mankind and it fucked them in the ass because they ended up just killing everything, and after that the men defeated both the children AND the white walkers and built the wall with all of them on the other side of it. The Children are the real villains, the white walkers are just mindless magic terminators.

But yeah with the NK it seems they have some purpose, some real plans, and it's too bad the just throw that in there without any context. He just gives mean looks and tries to wipe out humanity but for someone who is obviously conscious and intelligent it would be nice to give him some character other than looking cool

this

where do the first men even come from, is this addressed in the books? Or did they just evolve from the Children and outcompete/outsurvive them like a homo sapiens sapies/neanderthal thing?

also why could the children not defeat a bunch of savages with sticks when they had magic cannonballs?

GRRM was obsessive about subverting tolkein. the night king doesn't exist in the books. there is a night's king, who was a stark that had kids with the night's queen and maybe created the others. they are just a misdirection in the books

danny is the big bad, she is sauron with a backstory. she comes to kill everyone with an army of savages, pirates, freed slaves, and fucking monstrousness dragons

in the books they have their own religion, they follow the great other which is the enemy of the lord of light. we don't know for sure what they want and there is no main bad guy like in the show, there is no night king in the books. the night's king was a night's watch stark who married a white walker

they came from essos which was once connected to westeros by a land bridge that the children of the forest destroyed

Honestly think his main motivation is to get the dragon glass out of his heart and I think Bran is key to that. Not sure if I agree with the bran is NK theory but he's definitely important.

how did they destroy it? how do the magic beings who have the power to change the shape of continents lose against the first men?

This nk a shit, the one from hardhome was God tier

Can almost guarantee that the Lord of light is gonna turn out evil.

they destroyed it with magic and they were pushed to the north by the sheer numbers of the first men

nah, he seems to want to destroy the great other

Children of the Forest breed slow and didn't think the First Men were a threat because lolnomagic.

The two worked together to start with, only when the First Men outbred and massively outnumbered the Children of the Forest and wanted to spread further and further did the Children realise they might be a problem.

>Jon and the Night King meet
>"We're not so different, you and I"

What a fucking retarded episode.
Here's how it could have been better:
1)Kill off more main characters, at least two.
2)Make then stranded in the middle of a huge lake, thus removing plot hole of not killing them of by throwing a fucking spear and making NK wait longer for lake ti freeze over (at least a week) AND NK throwing his spear not at the dragon thats taking away characters you've been trying to kill for the past week.
3) Here's the nice one: make the wight they take south one of the fallen characters that dies from wounds while on the drogon and pushes Jon off, thus making more sense for Benjen to come out and save him instead of Jon going full retard.
4) and finally make Bran an active participant : he watches over the squad, and sends the raven from winterfell when he sees they are stranded ( instead of Gendry fucking running to the wall ciz he's the fastest y'know).
Even more, maje Brand try to warg into dragon but fucking up, flying slower and giving the NK a good shot.
Then episode would have been good.

PLOT TWIST: neither is good or bad. Fits with martins outlook on nothing being outright evil etc.

Humans/white walkers make good tools.

WHAT KILLED CHILDREN OF THE FOREST?
THE ICE AGE

He just wants to enter the olympics

>"Snow ice to meet you"

I thought he stayed the same. Why would they change him?

Different actors, new one is a professional stunt man so he's good for fight scenes

He threw the spear like a man who has never thrown a spear.

>viserion was killed by beginners luck

Tbh I doubt the whitewakers practice sword fighting and spear throwing that much. But what do I now.

>Jon and the Night King meet
>"So, we meet again"

Too high fantasy. Leave elves and shit out of it.

Allow me to break the ice.
>Brings down the wall

yeah, zombies, dragons and midgets throwing fireball level 4 I can take but elves? pssssh

White walkers are an ultra advanced form of humans, that have to wipe the human scourge from the face of the earth, every couple centuries. Before they get too many and too powerful, thereby destroying most of their world through war and violence.
Better to cull them every couple of centuries and incorporate the truly capable once into your society. They probably have fucked up their cloning tech like the asgard from SG-1, which is why they can't kill all humans.

There might be a Night King ib the books too, it just wasn't introduced yet

Midget throwing fireballs is too much.

Dragons and zombies work.

This is game of thrones in a nut shell but instead of without the legalizing gay marriage.

>Bran again attempts to mind-timetravel
>he goes way back in time to find more about the white walker origins
>the children of the forest "see him" and spike him with the magic ice shard before he can escape
>it's an uncommon white walker transformation since up to that point they only spiked regular humans of their era
>because he's unique he becomes the night's king and is too powerful for the children to control
>the entire white walker operation goes haywire as the white walkers turn against the children as well due to Bran walker's influence
>this all happened ages ago and Bran's mind was trapped as the Night's King ever since

I bet it happens like that.

Looks like some leftist fantasy.

the rape Sansa

But Lancers have the lowest luck grade ever

Apparently they are blessed with infinite intelligence, especially the NK.

as we have clearly seen in the last episode of game of shit

holy fuck you fucking retard, how can you even say "they work"? thats your subjective fucking opinon you stupid idiot, maybe add the part of for you

Dat was DEE BEE

soooo if night king has sex with bran is it considered rape or mastrubation?

Beginners luck is a different thing mate. The night King hit that dragon with its first throw in the same way your little sister beat you on mortal kombat by smashing buttons together

Beastiality
Beginner's luck is an excuse for people who take victory for granted

He's just blue Darth Maul and when they beat him all his minions will fall over dead. Similarly to The Phantom Menace.

The very first scene is a white Walker killing three members of the nights watch

>Crastor gives sons to be made into white walkers
>Samwell fatty steals baby from the white walkers
>Takes kid south
>White walkers head south to reclaim their brother

Its all so simple

yes
this
NK is doing god's work

I noticed that the facial profile of the actor who plays the Night King is different without makeup. It's like they gave him an ugly schnozz and a receding chin so his profile will be identical to Bran's.

They are just trying to get away from an even worse enemy: the Black Walkers

Is everyone here forgetting the fact Bran had a vision seasons back about a tsunami/flood?

The wall is gonna be burned down by Sindragosa and the entire North will be underwater. Hopefully.

GRRM said the ending will be bittersweet. We have seen in dany's vision from the warlock tower that the throne room was practically destroyed and there is ice covering the throne and room. This has activated my almonds. Perhaps the NK will sit on the throne, or at the very least destroy everything.

>night king brings down the wall
>tears up westeros until finally azor ahai kills him
>westeros is destroyed but so are the others

>children of the forest
>at war with men
>decide to stab blue shit into a prisoner to make him lvl99 strong

what did they mean by this?

This is the hour of the Scourge!

When will we see wight Hodor?

I hate the idea of the Night King.

>normies need a big bad to root against

That vision was symbolic of the Ironborn storming Winterfell.

What the fuck are you talking about? The white walkers are evil bad guys in the books. Care to tell me the part where they're fleshed out misunderstood heroes?

I bet they'll go full WoW there must be always a Night King and shit at the end of this show.

The first men had iron technology, the children were basically magic-stoneage tech.

Real magic in ASOIAF is basically always at a major cost (blood magic, sacrifice, etc). It's not free to use.

There has to be one. It's been pointed out that the White Walkers show clear intelligence in the books and even converse with each other. Someone or something is clearly the leader of them. They don't strike me as something entirely uncoordinated.

Whether or not book Night King will be like the omnicidal show Night King is still unknown, but I kinda think it's a certain thing at this point that a Night King will be a thing in the books.

You're operating under the assumption D&D are going to even go that deep.

The show says the Nights King is the big bad. It might even be safe to assume he was the first Other.

Now go to the books. The Nights King was the 13th Lord Commander of the Watch who boned what is implied to be a female other. The implication here being the wall was already up to keep out the Others, so the book Nights King was just some moe looking for power and to get his dick wet no matter the horrible cost. Could he have become an Other? Maybe. But nothing would point to him being special or important with the exception he's not a virgin.

D&D just want a spoopy evil bad dude for our heroes to defeat.

I'm surprised the walking dead doesn't have a main zombie yet

The first mean only had bronze, that's why the Andals pushed their shit in when they showed up layer.

They follow the great other god, there might be a leader but he won't be the main reason for them existing

I'm pretty sure he went to live in Nightfort with his walker wife and the night's watch attacked him so he ran away to the north and presumably died

Friendly reminder that there is literally zero (0) evidence that the NK and the WWs ever planned on going over the wall.

That's what I think as well. Even though it's brought up how he was "scrubbed from history" which leaves the opening for something more sinister than just killing him

That's the guy who plays the night king in season 5. They've recast him now, the make up didn't change his whole facial structure, retard. But they might have recast him to look like Bran still.

PLOT TWIST

>Dragons are sentient beings all along and is only pretending to be pets so they can burn everyone in Westeros once everyone is preoccupied fighting each other
>NK raises an army to defeat them

yo shutup