Funny Games
The Prestige

coherence
/thread

Brazil

Timecrimes

incendies

Coherence is so fucking cheesy and laughable
Oh holy fuck there are an infinite number of realities and exact copies of us in them! Better have a shoved love side story now and talk about their "feelings" and meaningless shit like what they had for dinner last night after that major relevation.

In the Mouth of Madness left me questioning reality for about a week. Good film to watch if your reasoning ability is being hampered by insomnia.

Triangle (2009) is also bretty good if you enjoyed this. Spoiler: I like the way it sets you up to think a time loop, in the science-based paranormal phenomenon sense of a time loop, is the answer, and then goes full-on theism in suggesting she's actually being punished by God.

Why didn't they call Noy You See Me 2, "Now You Don't"?

Oh yeah I've seen Triangle, I really enjoyed it. Nearly got tricked into thinking it would be just another shitty B thriller by the trailer

Coherence
It's low budget, but still pretty cool. It has this element of paranoia or claustrophobia to it, where a bunch of people are stuck together in some sort of situation that keeps getting worse and worse.

reddit: the movie. switched it off after about ten minutes.

This.

Shutter Island

If you have a legitimate criticism I'd be glad to hear it. Otherwise, fuck off loser.

If memory serves it was more popular in China than the West, so the wordplay probably wouldn't have translated

here's some legitimate criticism: it's shit

Literally an epic masterpiece, so easy to get lost in this maze of a film.

not as good as 12 monkeys desu

Sleuth (1972)

this shit, i love the fire, water symbolism too

TERRIBLE flick

This user already has It's so clear that they just vaguely fucked around the set and shot cheesy improvisational scenes so the film was actually made in the editing room. The execution of most filmmaking elements is pretty fucking bad. All of the night scenes are completely atrocious, handheld shaky cam where you can't even comprehend what the fuck is going on and who is on-screen. But people like you operate on the peak-end rule and you feel "mindfucked" by the ending and totally forget that 90% of the rest of the movie was just a bunch of C tier TV improvisational skits.

Any shinya tsukamoto film
Any raul ruiz film
Any lucio fulci film

t. patrician

I can see your point, the movie is definitely not something I'd call good, but I have not seen very many movies that intentionally go for the big "mindfuck" plot and coherence stands out for some reason. Either way, thanks for the genuine post.

>Funny Games
How?

Is this movie meant to have a twist? It seemed very straightforward and obvious. Plus, Leo simply can't act, he ruins literally every flick he's in.

Being John Malcovich

Cries and Whispers

Exotica

Lucky Number Slevin

Prestige
Momento
Inception
Interstellar

dis nigga gets it
these two do not

if you are willing to ignore the shit characters and focus on the story and how it was realized you will notice something new every time you rewatch coherence....

hint : you do not stay in the same reality between cuts...

>i'm in insurance
what did she mean by this