Filling in my Summer Term participation form

>filling in my Summer Term participation form
>see this
Why are Americans like this?

You can thank the south for making sure to specifically exclude minorities in their institutions even after it became illegal

Latino as a race is retard as fuck. I will never understand why Americans do this.

The obsession with race doesn't just apply to the right wing in America.

I don't know why they kept it separated
It's also weird as fuck that I can select more than 2 races as the same time

they do say ethnic/race...

>Italians
>European

But as far as I know, most Americans think Latino is a race. It's retard.

you're right, americans see no difference between ethinicity and race

Hispanic/Latino is not legally categorized as a race. If you select that you are Hispanic/Latino, you need to further clarify if you're White, Black, etc.

I'm not talking about Law, I'm talking about the public's perception of what means to be Latino.

>I don't know why they kept it separated
Because it's categorized as an ethnicity rather than a race.

An overwhelming number of Latinos are Mestizos. They look different from the rest of us and similar to each other. How else do you want us to see them?

Ok, I know a lot of German-Brazilians who are white as fuck and have German surnames (ex: Gisele Bünchen). They are "Latino" or "white" by the public's perception?

>go to the US
>talking to airport lady
>she fill a form placing me as latino/hispanic
>lumping a Brazilian with the rest of Latam

Well, I don't mind that they consider us alongside with the rest of LATAM because we are very similar to them culturally and ethnically, but to say that Latino is a "race" is retarded. A Latino can be white, pardo, black, etc.

We are really not similar with Latam, specially ethnically-wise. Most of Latam are indeed mestizos, we aren't, aside from northeasterners and northerners, but they are minority.

As a Spaniard studying abroad there's nothing that triggers me more than these American surveys.

Let's agree to disagree in this one.

>not asking for your 23andme results
wtf ameribros

All right. I just don't like all this blobbing.

lol u mad

BASED