Eat a snail in Australia - get rekt

iltalehti.fi/ulkomaat/201803072200795269_ul.shtml

19-year old succesful rugby star of Australia, Sam Ballard was having his birthdya parties in Sudney Australia in the year 2010. They were drinking the red wine and mood was nice.

But then one of the Sams sport mates had bring a live snail there. He said that Sam wouldnt dare to try and eat it. But Sam did.
He swallowed a living snail whole while the crowd cheered. But what they didn't know, was that this snail was brain slug.

Few days after the parties Sam became so sick he was taken to an Australian hospital. The diagnosis was sad: an acute encephalities in the brain. Brain inflammation.

As turned out, he had now worms inside his brain. He went to the coma and was there for 420 days.

When he woke up, he realized his body was paralyzed from below his belly. At least the hands worked. But he will never walk.

Other urls found in this thread:

news.com.au/lifestyle/health/teenager-who-swallowed-garden-slug-as-a-dare-fights-government/news-story/7ada8f58d03de391055b13e9dade320d
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angiostrongyliasis
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>But he will never walk.
I've heard a lot of stories where this turns out not to be the case. We can only hope that he'll be alright.

Fake as fuck

>He went to the coma and was there for 420 days.
dude
that's the weed number lmao

you mean that they will regain the control of legs after a few years?

Sad.
Something should be done in Australia to prevent more cases like this.

Darwin award

I think it's possible, especially given that he suffered no physical injury to his spinal cord.

yeah spinal cord is fine, it was brains which got fucked up, but maybe brains can heal eventually

How could the snail still alive in the acid of the stomach ? And then go back up in the brain. Impossible.

ill write to the prime minister about the snail swallowing paralysis epidemic and demand action be taken right away

Well the brain is very adaptable. Children can survive with just one half of their brain, and people who have certain parts of their brain removed will regain the functionality of that part, because the brain rewires itself to make up for that lost part. However concerning this case, I'm wondering how he got out of the coma? Did they treat him with medicine or did the parasites just die after 420 days?

it wasnt alive in the stomach anymore but the slug released acid resistant eggs and then those eggs hatched into worms after they were in intestines and no longer in danger from acid. then the worms entered the veins and travelld to the brain

In the case of tapeworms for example, they enter your body in eggs that are resistant to your stomach acid. Then they hatch when they enter your intestines. Dunno about this brain slug though.

>Did they treat him with medicine or did the parasites just die after 420 days?

I didnt find an info on this but I'm pretty sure some kind of anti parasitic medicine was at least tried

>first rabbits
>then emus
>spiders and snakes to an extent
>now snails
wtf Australia get your shit together.

Do you know if his intelligence/mental state suffered from the parasite? Like, is he mentally retarded now?

here's an article about it that's not Finnish clickbait
news.com.au/lifestyle/health/teenager-who-swallowed-garden-slug-as-a-dare-fights-government/news-story/7ada8f58d03de391055b13e9dade320d

looks pretty retarded to me

sure looks that way but looks can be deceiving
his mind might work even if body doesnt

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angiostrongyliasis

Yeah looks like the parasite fucked him up pretty bad:

>Now aged 28, Sam suffers seizures and cannot control his body temperature, the Daily Telegraph reported. He has to be tube fed.

That's what happen when you try to appropriate our culture.

>sagreblöö :D :D :D

no google hits for the name, the story, or "brain slugs"
is fake

see

The slug was infected with parasites that can withstand mammalian stomach acid

Lessons of everyone Archives included