Man, I miss The Wire

When will we have something on par with it?

What should I watch after The Wire, be it a tv show or a movie?

Luke Cage

>

If The Wire came out today, people would hate on it for having a white main character Jimmy McNulty and solving the poor black people's problems

The sopranos is a close second.
True detective s1 is pretty good also.

The Shield is good cop drama.

Well I forgot to mention I watched almost every possible good tv show.

Only thing I didn't are The Rome, westwood and The shield and that's probably it.

I watched: The Sopranos, Breaking bad, Deadwood, Oz, Boardwalk empire, The Young pope, Rubicon, the honourable woman and many more but i consider those the best.

>hasn't seen Rome or The Shield
>thinks young pope is one of the best
Not sure if troll

Rome is not as essential as people make it out to be
also the young pope is just plain average TV

well you did leave out a good trio there, rome's pretty good

I literally hate niggers but McNulty was my least favorite character, BY FAR. The way he handled all that shit with his ex-wife was dumb as fuck, and in season 5 he basically turns in to a caricature of himself.

That is not true. If The Wire was produced today it would be shut down after few episodes because it implies that black communities have serious problems.

They'd spin it into a narrative about white oppression

I thought so. Well lads thank you , I am going to watch them, I just wasn't sure would someone that calls The Wire probably the best tv show ever like them.

treme

user, have you watched Puella Magi Madoka Magica...?

Not necessarily, Lester Freamon was basically just an old McNulty.

Seconded.

Also, The Leftovers, Shameless US, Narcos, The West Wing, Utopia, Better Call Saul. First seasons of Homeland and Sons of Anarchy are pretty good.

Miniseries: Big Little Lies, The Night Manager, The Night Of.

Comfy: Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip, Veronica Mars, This Is Us.

Not great, but entertaining: Black Sails, Banshee, Orphan Black, Penny Dreadful.

Watch Mad Men

I watched everything except the leftovers. I didn't like it really. But i also forgot the west wing so it goes up on my list.

You have very good taste and i am surprised that you didn't watch the newsroom. It was so fucking based series.

I watched the first season actually. I have to get back to it sometime.

It gets even better. Unlike first one, 2nd season is only one big story.