>The Prequels were ba-

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wxL8bVJhXCM
youtube.com/watch?v=QOCiqcwbaHQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gVpUggGXPVc
youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw
youtube.com/watch?v=GZSnB7yGylc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

user, you forgot to finish your sentence. Did you suffer a stroke?

nobody on Sup Forums dislikes the prequels. we make fun of some of the scenes but no one here genuinely doesn't like the movies.

if you see anyone claim they don't like them, they're obviously from reddit or places similar to reddit(like Sup Forums)

I thought he was the coolest when I was a kid. Shame he died like a chump. Perhaps the prequels wouldn't be so boring if he had survived until episode 3.

Instead of doing a movie about Darth Maul, we're making movies about some unknown rebels, Han Solo and Obi Wan LOL!

>The Prequels were bada bing bada boom

out of all the reasons you could have chose to say it's not bad you chose the worst villain in history.

i heard he's canonically a cyborg spider or some shit now

How did Maul die if he had the high ground?

he didnt

he became 2?

He got cut in half and we never see him in the movies again. Seems pretty dead to me.

>le epic lightsaber duels

Speak for yourself, faggot. 1999 was the year I realized everything was going to go downhill explicitly because of that shitshow.

yeah,, i know dude, how could they have ruined this high-brow intellectual feast that was the original trilogy with flashy, childlish action sequences!

*blocks your path*

Wassup now white boi

nice narrative

Do you remember how amzing "TPM " trailer was....god damn were people hyped

No I was a little kid back then lol

Darth Maul was an amazing villiain and my favourite Sith of all time after Vader.

Originally, Lucas intended for Darth Maul to survive Episode I and become the antagonist for the entire prequel arc, the original scripts described him killing Qui-Gon and escaping.

I don't know why Lucas changed his mind, but the prequels would have been insanely better if he had gone this route.
Imagine...
>No retarded Darth Maul death
>No Count Dooku
>An overarching motivation for Anakin and Obi to want revenge
>This decade-long hatred of Maul could even be used to explain Anakin's turn to the darkside along with the death of his mother

It's sad they didn't go this route when you think about it. With just one line of dialogue in the entire movie Maul absolutely steals Ep. 1

We could have also avoided the retarded General Grievous shit

ep1 is the most frustrating of the lot, there is a good movie in there somewhere but it was strangled at birth.

ep3 is a lazy generic action movie in space

ep2 on the other hand is unmitigated dogshit completly unwatchable in every regard. it has the worst of every element; story, cgi, acting, etc

>I don't know why Lucas changed his mind
because the main evil guy is the toy every kid wants, if there is a new evil guy (or even multiple) every film he can sell more toys

I guess Disney didn't get the memo.

Same here, but then I got older and realised the star wars prequels were the last stand of implicit white identity.

>General Grievous
>retarded
Go back to /reddit/ now!

>Every opinion I don't like is Reddit
I've been posting here since 2006 newfriend. Why don't you go back instead?

>nobody on Sup Forums dislikes the prequels
nigger wut? prequels are dogshit son and always will be. the newer abortions like rogue one and tfa are fucking trash tier too. buy a fucking clue with the shekels you get from shilling faggot.

They brought him back for the cartoons and the comics and actually did some good stuff with him.

I do, but Episode 1 is probably the least offensive of the three.

Jesus christ that's cringy

good thing its not canon

Episode 2 is the only bad Star Wars movie.

Fucking pleb

Prequels were shit and it could've been amazing, that's why people hate them. 3rd movie had good moments but come on, as a whole lucas fucked it up big time

>d

is this a the clone wars thread yet, only tv series ever to be kino.

What about Rogue One?

if we are counting post acquisition TFA is the only bad movie and only RLMtards(like you) hate on rogue one.

Disney's acquisition of star wars was far worse than anything in the prequels

Completely gone is any sort of drama or any of the visionary creativity that Lucas pulled off. Sure you could bitch about the prequels having bad dialogue, and most of the characters' developmental shortcomings, both very valid points. But the whole of Star Wars has always been similar to Star Trek, showing us new and interesting visions.

Disney is only milking old imagery and nostalgia without any of the imagination of Lucas. They've completely turned it into a product.

Rogue One is kino and on a whole other level than the Prequels and Ep. VII shit.

There's having opinions, then there's blindly hating JarJar Abrahms like I do, and then there is just being an edgy contrarian retard which seems to be (You)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wxL8bVJhXCM

Rogue One is the third best SW movie after ESB and ANH

>defending 1 and 2 and shitting on 7
>but defending r1
You need to go back

Rogue One is only marginally better because even though it lacks even an ounce of characterization for anyone and ultimately ends up a moot point, it's still well acted and doesn't suffer from nearly as many VFX goofs compared to Attack of the Clones.

>but muh cgi necromancy

Even if it looked like shit at least it consistently looked like shit and doesn't have background characters doing walk cycles.

He's right though.
Rogue One is good.
The Precuels suck but any of them is better than the steaming turd that was Ep. VII

>well acted
No
And the story was shit

7>1>R1>3>2

daily reminder that The Clone Wars series was the peak of star wars, and the films should all be judged on how well they serve it.

everything to do with Geonosis was great

4 > 3 > 6 = 7 > R1 > 1 = 3 > 2

Fuck, I mean
>5 > 4 > 6 = 7 > R1 > 1 = 3 > 2

ESB > ANH > R1 > ROTJ > ROTS > TPM > EP VII > AOTC
FTFY

That's because he showed up in the shows and is getting his own comic line now.

Episode One was fucking trash; the only good one was Episode Three.

youtube.com/watch?v=QOCiqcwbaHQ

the absolute very end is the only possible redeeming quality of rogue one.

>cinematography is extremely lackluster, varying from generic landscape shots to television-tier conversations
>teases moral ambiguity with the rebels' heroes being criminals, but then has every memeber of the empire as a cartoon mass murdering villain
>characters give up and die so that they can be completely ignored in any subsequent productions despite their whole shtick being that they'll never give up
>not a single moment of invention, every single piece of technology, alien, ship and planet was something already done in the OT
>terrible performances
>too much exposition delivered by characters all but staring into the camera with a blank face
>boring mindless action sterilizing mass murder
>Vader scene generates the only moment of excitement anyone can really talk about despite it being a boring scene of slaughter that meant nothing plot-wise and had no emotional impact
>soundtrack is absolute garbage
>one of the cheesiest endings in the history of movies
>fucking fired Edwards and his crew halfway through production because he wanted to make vietnam in space and disney wanted a safe space action comedy

Disney is the worst thing to happen to Star Wars

>a big list of things that are literally false

please i hate Disney as much as the next guy but the film is bad enough without you making things up.

>No you're wrong!

you mean to say rogue one is a good film?

It's a shit film and every one of the points I mentioned are completely true

>he wanted to make vietnam in space
cliche and laughably edgy to apply that concept to star wars

youtube.com/watch?v=gVpUggGXPVc

This single scene proves wrong everything you wrote.

That's what a newfag would say

there were planets aliens and spaceships that were not in the OT so not true

but now im certain this some sort of disney shill false flag to get people to like TFA or something what with the retarded anime avatar

I started this meme in 2007, newfriend.
gb2gaia

>Vietnam in space

I would have loved this

>Sentinel-class Landing Craft slowly descending to Kashyyyk
>There's a large group of Wookies running off the beach and behind the Sea Wall
>The pilot sees this and initiates a strfing run
>"YEAH! GET SOME!"
>*Turns to Grand Moff Tarkin*
>"Anyone who runs is a Rebel! Anyone who stands still is a well disciplined Rebel!"

Yeah me too
gb2gaia

>terribly-shot
>throwback tech
>mindless sterile violence
>boring characters not showing a hint of stress or emoting during the battle
>fucking AT-AT walking into the end of the shot for contract toy purposes

user you're only proving my points
>there was not-tatooine
>there was rain world
>t-there was a beach tho!
>a-and the aliens that were shown briefly but were either lesser copies or derivatives of OT aliens those were original despite making up less than five minutes of the whole movie!
>Y-you're just trying to make TFA look good!

TFA is the worse of the two Disney's™ Star Wars™ Original™ Stories™
Every seaman knows that one must always choose the lesser of two weevils

>it aint sheev starts playing haha
>le epic clone drill sergeant quipping at the new recruits xD "Didn't know they stacked bantha poodoo that high!"
>stormtrooper writhing on the jungle floor using his helmet to keep his guts inside his body, the kids will love it!

copies, derivatives still doesn't mean you were literally right, so you were literally wrong.

kek

there's a world of difference between the duels in the originals and the ballet numbers in the prequels

Okay user I was only mostly right

>Let's have a bad guy who doesn't do anything and poses no threat to anybody until the end of the movie

>there's a world of difference between a crippled old cyborg fighting and an order of supernatural warrior monks in their prime

youtube.com/watch?v=J0mUVY9fLlw

Absolutely plebbit this is the good order
5>1>4>3>6>2>>>>>>>>>R1>>>>>>>>>

In A New Hope, why doesn't old Ben Kenobi remember R2-D2 after all their adventures together? Decades spent together, and nothing?

Prequels are garbage, m8.

why was he sent after the jedi, anyway? what was sheev's plan?

Nah, he's right. Phantom Menace was the easiest to watch because there were none of those godafwul romance scenes.

Conversely, how did Obi-Wan not get cut in pieces when he jumped over Maul the way Anakin jumped over him two movies later?

>If I butcher the footage with my own editing I can make the choreography look bad

prequelcucks really can't take a joke

cheesey bad romance>bad child actor

>that behind the scenes footage of the anakin auditions
>george picks the absolute worst actor
GONE TOO FAR

also, black kids LOVED darth maul
i can't even remember the number of darth maul shoes and backpacks i saw on the little negro kids

remember when they made star wars movies that you didn't want to turn off halfway through?

>george picks the absolute worst actor
Truth

youtube.com/watch?v=GZSnB7yGylc
That kid at 3:20 was pure kino

>bad adult actor+cringey romance

Darth maul says
>Atlast we will reveal ourselves
>Atlast we will have our revenge

Amazing

what a villain

such character

much wow

>Good characters need lots of dialogue
Fuck off pleb

i liked how that dude actually did evil or menacing shit
darth maul just tracked down a kid and wore face paint

Are you seriously comparing those two? We spend a lot of screen time on chigur where his character and motives are clearly established.darth maul says two lines that arent realy true but sound ominus followed by pointless action.

Episode III was a blast. Literally the best or second best film in the whole series. Better than Force Awakens or Rogue One.

still the best film in the saga (and no, no nostalgiafagging, in fact I saw OT before)
fite me, I don't give a fuck

Can someone post the kino pottery from Rebels where Kenobi fights Maul? I swear Filoni is the only person who understands Star Wars after George

>its actually the only good one
pleb times