Injury Permanance

ITT we give examples of television and films with Injury Permanence.

Too many pieces of media have scenes with the MC or supporting cast getting the shit beat out of them, or they get blown up or some crap.

And then in the next scene, any injuries they have suffered are mysteriously gone.

I always feel like if I see a character actually suffering from the bullshit he/she has to go through, I empathise with them a lot more, and get a lot more drawn into what they will do next.

Bonus points if by the end of the series or movie, they look like they have been through hell, and look truly fucked up.

Only things I can think of off the top of my head are Brick and 13 Reasons Why. Hell, the Batman Arkham games had it as well, which was a great aspect of them.

brick sucked btw. It felt like what a teenager would write and think is cool

original Indiana Jones trilogy

Shut up grandpa. Go watch your Tom Cruise movies.

I last watched it when I was like 15, so i don't really remember, but I remember loving the fact that the MC actually started suffering from all the shit he had to wade through. It seemed like such a novel concept for a movie.

That bullcrap took a serious toll on his body, like it actually would in real life. I think he passed out at one point, didn't he?

Brick was dogshit, it's funny how ppl are trying to make Rian Johnson pass as an a auteur. Evrything is so bad in this movie, even the basic editing is wrong. I don't know how he got into movies with this

Mad Max 1-3
>leg run over in 1
>walks with a limp and a leg brace in 2
>recovered in 3

Also I think a patch of his hair turns grey from the trauma of the first movie, which can happen in real life (the kid in Sixth Sense has it as well; must be a thing to do with doctor-directors)

>Character meets a friend.
>Friend says "You look like shit"
>Character doesn't look like shit, and looks like they have always.

Lol what? That trope always bugs me when it is used.

chinatown

Sooooo, the revenant?

He still wears the leg brace in fury road as well. Pretty cool movie continuity.

Luke loses a hand in Empite, then he has a black glove on permanently.

Sure, he loses a hand, but he gets it back pretty much straight away, and it hardly inconveniences him in any way at all. It's functionally the same as injuries getting magically healed in the next scene.

S1 Game of Thrones

Yep, Ned sure did lose a head, and that injury was never glossed over, or magically ignored in the next scene!

Good example!

I was talking about the leg retard.
The head counts too.
Jamie's hand is another example that has been surprisingly handled well into S7 even as the rest of the show has turned to shit.

Kick-Ass he constantly gets the shit beat out of him and he limps around with bruises and blood, but his nerve endings numb some of his pain so he can get his ass beat some more.

It was a joke dumbass.

that kind of injury would have been fatal almost beyond doubt, maybe a successful amputation might save him but it would be really slim odds, and the bone was obviously smashed by the spear tip.

Diehard maybe? I haven't seen it in years but doesn't running over glass without shoes slow him down for the rest of the film?

>reddit spacing
fuck off and die

>Implying anyone who likes to space out their points coherently automatically got it from reddit.

Lol, what are you? 13? Grow up. Literally no one gives a shit.

not him but, spotted the redd1tor

Can't wait for summer to be over to be rid of you faggots.

Didn't he have a condition that made him somewhat insensitive to pain along with a plate in his head?