Why almost no Napoleonic War movies?

Why is Hollywood so obsessed with World War 2 and not the wars that were just as influential if not more so in shaping history and the world as we know it?

No definite bad guy.

Because they would never top Master and Commander

Because America was not involved with the Napoleonic War

Now please do not bully the British lady

To many white males plus you can't insert the holocaust into it.

>ywn watch Kubrick's Napoleonkino
fuck me

You mean because the good guy lost.

Guessing because America barely had a role and they are the only ones who make movies.

Shame that they don't do movies about great leaders. Napoleon's comeback is freaking great.

>2018
>Napoleonic wars film gets made
>Huge budget
>Buy tickets
>Go watch it
>Movie starts
>Rain falls onto a broken cannon sunk in the mud
>Pans out to reveal a battlefield littered with the dead and dying
>"I has always been destined fo greatness"
>W-What?
>It cuts to a close up of Napoleons face
>Napoleon is played by Leslie Jones

That's pretty much what I mean.

>anything related to france
>good
pick one

napoleon is a manlet and the french army is a bunch a whiteflag waving cucks, why would you make a movie about that?

>american education

Any good Italian actors out there that you would pick to play Napoleon

>Why is Hollywood so obsessed with World War 2

Sauce?

giv pow gf

Napoleon wasn't a manlet, that was something invented by British propaganda and confusion from the fact France and England used different measurement systems.

Of course Sup Forums hasn't watched one of the most important films of all time.

Because Napoleon was manlet cuck btfo by guerilla tactics and scorched earth in Portugal.

He was 5,4 mate, He was a full on Manlet

based

This.

They had to insert Americans into U-571 because burgers won't watch a war movie that doesn't involve 'merika.

Well there's the Sharpe series of television movies with Sean Bean. It's obviously more about the British side but characters from other countries make an appearance too.

Jews

He was 5'4 in a time when everyone else was 5'2

>Why is Hollywood
You should work on that reading comprehension

5'6 which was an inch above the average height for a french man at the time. He appeared short because his bodyguards were all required to be at-least 6'.

The rothschilds don't want the goy to know about him.

What are you some kind of newcunt? There's more to life than Hollywood and if you just stuck with that this thread will die soon enough because they don't fucking make Napoleonic war shit, best to get some recommendations out there to keep thread lively enough.

There have been tons of historic war movies that didn't have americans, idiot.

He was 5'7".

>angry retard can't read the OP

Literally everyone back then would be considered a fucking Manlet

But he freed the jews and basically guaranteed their safety across the land he took, why would they hate him?

They are in a minority and a thing of the past,like Biblical epics. Now we only get war movies if America was involved in that war

Angry newcunt can't even greentext properly.

>Waterloo
>The Duelists
>Master and Commander

Here op, 3 great Napoleonic Wars films.

They love money more than freedom.

>why would they hate him?
He lost, and the Jews lost their safety.

People from the nobility/upper class where closer to the average height nowadays due to not being malnourished growing up.

>Biblical epics
If you honestly don't think Jesus and Moses and Noah were Americans, you clearly haven't been paying attention.

>The Duelists

A British film, not Hollywood. Not sure the 1970 Waterloo is anything to do with Hollywood either.

>josephine would be black
>jerome would be trans
>pauline sex life was all a lie since she was in "reality" a lesbian

No, thank you.

Napoleonic movies are usually a bust because they are usually a 2 hour battle movie devoid of context. The Napoleonic Wars lasted for well over a decade, and almost 25 years if you include the French Revolutionary Wars as well. And since the modern education system is crap none of the general public know anything about them.

I've always thought it might work as a TV series, but it would likely be butchered by Anglos.

why did she wear mascara into battle

Why doesnt anyone try to make it into an actual film? There's a screenplay and all.

Would you guys watch a Nelson film?

Hoe's gonna hoe.

British slags for you.

>greatest Frenchman was actually Italian
LMAO

at least change the picture when making another thread faggot

The jews were free since 1789.
Napoleon was the first one to worry about them since the Revolution.

Would work GOT style with Napoleon as a tragic hero main character. Although the main draw of GOT is 'le epic twist ending' and trying to guess who's not going to die

>Corsica is Italian

do it in the style of Barry Lyndon, could be great.

Because it's way more expensive to do napoleonic era movies and audiences don't give a shit.

Land battles are shit and overused, I'm more pissed off there isn't more naval warfare kino.

I was thinking more in the style of Rome.

Could have a couple of ordinary soldier characters to bring a bit of suspense and a more down-to-earth perspective in addition to the Napoleon sections.

Is there? Link me up

This. A democratic unified Europe was possible at the begining of the 19th century, and the eternal anglos and russ ruined everything.

because it will get shit on no matter how good it is because kubrick didn't direct it

There's lots of reasons unfortuanately. It's rather boring, especially for the time period.

Or maybe I have only occasionally seen it done well in films.

>Italian
Not really
It has shifted hands a lot of times

It's a shame. Kubrick knew how shit Hollywood was and ended up moving to the UK where he had the freedom and made most of his greatest films

what happened to fukunage turning kubrick's napoleon script into a tv series for HBO? I know he's currently filming a jonah hill comedy for netflix so clearly it didn't come together...

Its like Sardegna.
Yea they are close to Italy but since France is latin and heavily influcenced by Italy, no one gives a fuck.

Austerlitz and Ulm were ones of the greatest BTFOs in military history, they cemented Napoleon as one of the top 5 generals in history

everything, and I mean everything, you just said was incorrect.

If you where to do it i'd do it across 3 seasons. S1 starts with the french revolution and ends with Napoleon becoming emperor, S2 ends with his defeat in Russia and S3 covers everything up till his death with Waterloo as the penultimate episode.

French feet and french inches were slightly longer than the english ones.
He was 1,69m or 5ft 7in in modern units. And believe it or not: it was above average.

did she died

>Top 5 Generals in history

Napoleon
Alexander
Genghis Khan
Caesar
Khalid ibn al-Walid

napoleoboos are the gayest people on this entire website

Fuck off Anglo, almost half the movies he made while in the UK was paid by American studios and made in American studios.

Guerilla tactics occured in Spain. Scorched earth policy in Russia.

what did his total humilation and ignominious flight from russia do for his reputation?

seriously though, it's probably because everyone knows it would be nearly impossible to top this masterpiece

He was never defeated by the Russians, he literally just lost because he chose the wrong road
>Who would win:
>The greatest general and army in history
>A weird fucking path

Idolizing napoleon was a mistake

What the shit? Do you think those were invented in those places specifically?

Scorched Earth and Guerrilla warfare against supply lines are old as fuck tactics, and both were used in Portugal as a defence against the French and the Spaniards 50 years before them.

Both are very effective in Portugal's rough interior terrain. Russia in particular used the scorched earth against Napoleon because of how well it worked in Portugal against general Junot.

he and his entire army literally ran away lol

and most of them died in the process

what a terrific victory for le greatest generale of all time

fucking KEK

more of these images please,asking for a friend

because it happened around the same time hollywood really took off

what a dumb fucking question

>americans can only talk about money when discussing films

That's all they have. Meanwhile Kubrick used superior British production crews, set designers and cinematographers.Even now Americans shoot their films in British production studios because they know of the overall superior quality.

He was tired and so was the entire army after a decade of fighting (and BTFOing) the entirety of Europe plus the cowardly brits who hid on their shitty island then used blood money from the colonies to fund other countries. He wanted a couple of decisive battles to end the war but the Russians were smart enough to see through it and acted accordingly.

because americans can't insert themselves in it as protagonists

this kills the napoleoboo

>h-he was tired
not an argument

perfidious albion has entered the thread

Caesar, huh?
I might switch him out for Charlemagne.

>war exhaustion is not a thing
ok fuccboi

Napoleon lost and was made to sit in the naughty step by the British, thus Brits have had the right for the past 200+ years to banter Napoleonboos.

Go fuck your mother Alexander

He's definitely the most likely to get switched out if I had to.

No offense but the Russian strategy of running away and burning down their cities isn't really the height of masterful strategy.
A USEFUL strategy, and the best most likely, but it's not exactly honorable.
And back then, honor was pretty weird when it came to battles.

But Hannibal and Mehmed II were pretty based as well.
>Hannibal BTFOing the Romans at every turn
>Mehmed pulled his fleet of ships over a fucking mountain

Agreed. No offense to him though.

Rotschild financed all the wars against Napoleon.

That's basically how they got rich in the first place.

WW2 was one of the few wars where there were clear bad guys and good guys, not to it's fairly recent and it's affects can still be felt to this day.
All of Europe belongs to those who serve Allah
In Sha Allah