OH SHI- IT IS DANCING BEBE GROOT!

OH SHI- IT IS DANCING BEBE GROOT!

I want to hug the shit out of that fucking thing.

thats a computer animation you stupid

So? I want to hug Rocket and he's CGI too. Plenty of people want to "hug" Judy from Zootopia, for that matter.

Is it possible to die from too much XD??

I was tipping my fedora preemptively.

Reddit.

The literal low-point of the movie.

Baby Groot, that is.

*chortles*
le drax turd hehe

That intro part was way too long and self-indulgent.

so are you

Actually that intro was genius. After a bucket of shit splashed right into my face that is this scene, the movie after that doesn't look all that bad.

woah XD

>being too autistic to enjoy fun movies

hehehehe
*lifts spork*

I knew I was going to feel the same, as soon as the first bar of Mr Blue Sky started playing

All the parts the Raccoon went meta and insisted on playing music within the scene, seemed self-indulgent

I thought that was meant to show that, while acting tough and like he doesn't care about starlord to his face, behind his back he really does like him and enjoys the same things like his taste in music.

I liked the second movie better than the first

That's exactly why he did it. He's never had a father figure or a real friend outside of Groot and he seems to idolize Peter.

non american here, I watched it dubbed and when they played le 70's songs and there was no character dialogue they had translated subtitles for the song lyrics, something rarely done. disney clearly wanted you to feel they are so artistic and deep.with their music choice

LITTLE MAN DO THE FUNNY DANCE AND ITS EPIC

And a 'long cat is long' to you too sir

hug a fucking live grenade

its bepic

What if the military made grenades look like babby groot and distributed them to enemies?

Was actually funny.

Shitposters gotta be more unique or at least more subtle.

>muh fun
the marvirgin retort

they are shitting out these Marvel abortions every couple months. pretty soon they will be mass produced, and millions of Pajeets will be animating these shitty flicks for nu-males in America to enjoy.

Why do people hate this scene?

Haven't seen the movie. It looks quirky and stupid out of context.

In the movie, with the lead in, it's pretty damn funny.

It is retarded and too close to HGTTG. The entire movie is just pandering. It was like watching a mobile above a baby crib. Pretty.

Man, you're pathetic.

>being this autistic

I grew out of watching baby mobiles very early on.

>defending movies for children

Why not? Pixar movies are for children and they can be good. GOTG2 was actually funny and good.
The arguments you guys pose aren't even good ones and are based off lies you make up.

I did get that aspect of it; that the Racoon had grown to appreciate music and wanted to emulate Quill in many ways.

But I felt it was heavy-handed having the character practically DJing or going "So here's Wonderwall" three or four times in the movie.

Just having him singing when the group is separated and he's re-rendering the ship and the one bit where he asks if they have copies of Peter's music from his Ravager days (both in Quill's absence), would have been enough to get the point across

LOL!

I just watched this Kino.

What did I think of it?

Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ, or some sort of Stockholm Syndrome, from overexposure to bland, safe, PC and soulless mass-produced blockbusters, which has conditioned you into accepting the absolute lowest common denominator standards in filmmaking, writing and cinematography as somehow acceptable, when you should in fact feel nothing but contempt or disgust for any Kevin Feige-conceived product.

Even strictly in the field of capeshit entertainment, where the bar has always been pretty low, since they're primarly a children media, the level of genuine quality and creative abilities (which comes from studios giving freedom to an auteur with a strong personality and vision towards the material) has kept dropping since the 90's.

When Raimi's Darkman/Spider-Man, Del Toro's Blade 2/Hellboy, Burton's Batman 2 or Bird's The Incredibles offered innovative and playful set pieces, meaningful and relevant themes, each with a very distinct, appropriate tone and truly cinematic aesthetics (simply compare the lighting or editing to today's equivalents), none of these qualities are to be found in Avengers or any of the previous MCU entries. This is why Edgar Wright got fired from Ant-Man. This is why Feige keeps hiring visionless point-and-shoot directors who come from TV or comedy, colorblind cinematographers and art/set design teams who seem to be in love with grey, sterile hangars for some unexplainable reason. Action scenes are now being conceived by CGI teams months before the movie begins shooting and all follow the exact same formula.

Even as a child, I couldn't imagine being dazzled or amused by those turds, as they're utterly devoid of any charm, colors, magic or imagination.

>"Simply put, you have a low cinematic IQ"

Your opinion is and will always be trash.

This was kind of important to the narrative when Ego is recalling the lyrics of Brandy (You're a Fine Girl) to Starlord and drawing parallels between themselves and the song's words

Perhaps they felt they had to do it for the other music so that it didn't seem out of place to have the Lyrics for 'Brandy' only

>replying to year-old copy pasta

lurk moar, kid

The movie was shit but man that soundtrack was fucking great.

Flashlight is the only good song in that entire glittering dog turd.

That fucking hangar fight in broad daylight. You just know the motivation was that flat lighting is easier for the CGI so it costs less.

>someone posts they like something
>he feels the autistic need to call it shit

but that's wrong you faget

That's the one I liked the list

Come a Little Bit Closer was great

You didn't like Yondu? Or Golden bitches?

>Yondu
I did like him, but that's not nearly enough
>Golden bitches
not really

YEAH I'M GONNA BUY GROOT T-SHIRTS
AND MY WIFE'S KIDS GROOT TOYS

STOP HAVING FUN THIS INSTANT
COMIC BOOK MOVIES SHOULD BE DARK AND SAD

Fair enough. Golden bitches were best to look at.

Still, Ego is an interesting concept as a villain. A little editting and he'd be a solid character too.

STOP MAKING FUN OF MY SHITTY CHILDREN MOVIES

Literally this. GOTG was meant to be funny and it succeeded. Why are so many people butthurt?

Why are you so upset? If you don't wanna discuss it, just leave.

Wrong, The Chain is the only good one
Not that it should have been in the movie though

why did they fly through the black hole sun music video?

then you'd be allowing your enemies to die happy

>No oscar
>No waifus
>Takes 16 films to barely make 12 billion
>Majority of fanbase is autistic toddlers and weebs
>No good actors
>No cultural impact besides "le HULK SMASH xDD"
>No... nothing

BABY GROOT IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT

Why are you so upset? You act like I care about any of this or even about Marvel itself.

Most people DON'T think about this shit. I certainly don't.

I liked it too, even though I hated the soundtrack of the first one.

>mfw Chains starts play during fight scene with Kurt Russel

I think I broke him

First one didn't have BAD music, just really lackluster. Rather forgettable.

Weirder still, most people liked how GOTG used the music.
The opening credits was good in my opinion though.

EPIC!
FOR THE WIN!
FATALITY.
A WINNER IS YOU.

>wham bam playing as the Sovereign fleet warps in

K I N O

>prime scarjo isnt a waifu
>olsen isnt a waifu
>saldana isnt a waifu
>being the most profitable film franchise ever is bad.
>Anthony hopkins is a bad actor
>RDJ is a bad actor
>Tilda Swinton is a bad actor
>"no cultural impact" except for normalizing the entire concept of "movie universes which has since gone on to be cooptes by Universal, Sony and others.

I get it. You are an underaged autistic Sup Forums nerd that cant stand the truth. The MCU is infinitely more influential than DC atm.

Neither make particularly good movies, but the two are mostly equivalent.

The fuck is wrong with you?

Most people I know agree with him.

Is this the thread where we pretend GotG 2 was shit so that we can appear cool in front of all the other "capeshit is dumb" posters?

It was but that ran of out steam.

We can discuss it legitimately now.

Sup Forums likes to make Baby Groot sound horrible and pandering. But he really didn't do any harm. Even the bomb scene we saw in the trailer wasn't too bad, despite the trailer saying the entire joke.

I feel like the movie was good, but the climax was way too drawn out. Almost half the movie was spent on the climax alone.

Yea, it had to be big scale because they have to keep making bigger and bigger scale.

Ice Age?

>prime scarjo isnt a waifu
8 years ago sweetie
>olsen isnt a waifu
Kill yourself olsenfag. She's gonna end up like the rest of her sisters.
>saldana isnt a waifu
I'll agree on this one
>being the most profitable film franchise ever is bad.
It took 16 films to get 12 billion, that's embarassing.
How much you wanna bet that DC will be past 12 billion at 16 films once it gets there. After all DC has already made 3 billion, way more than the first 4 films of Marvel
>Anthony hopkins is a bad actor
When the fuck was he in the MCU? He's also a pedo
>RDJ is a bad actor
He can only play the smug manlet. He's shit
>Tilda Swinton is a bad actor
Literally who?
>"no cultural impact" except for normalizing the entire concept of "movie universes which has since gone on to be cooptes by Universal, Sony and others.
That's not cultural impact. That's cinematic genocide by corporatism.
Don't call me a Sup Forums nerd when pic related are the common cynics of DC

You didn't watch Tropic Thunder?

It was funny but Downey's "im le nigger" act got old

First one is in my top 10 for sure. It was just good, clean fun, strong, male lead, not too much poz'd bullshit, etc.

Second one that all went out of the window, all jokes totally overdone, zero subtlety, hurr let's have big emotional outbursts and state anything and everything that should have been subtext in plain english as though the audience has autism and cannot infer anything whatosever

MUH BABY GROOT turned groot into the jar jar binks of this series
fuck

Kids would pick them up, get blown up, and the designers and distributors would be liable for war crimes.

But I don't feel sorry for grenades, sir.

What if the designers and distributors dressed up like baby groot for the tribunals?

I love Mr Blue Sky and most of ELO but now normies will forever brand this song as a guardian of the galaxy song.

wasn't it already branded as "that song from 500 Days of Summer"?

>google a sentence
>get hits
Damn, I was hoping this pasta was fresh out the kitchen

>reddit hates GOTG2 now
what happened?

Could be worse, I know a lot of people who only know it from some Doctor Who episode

I didn't even in my wildest dreams consider this becoming a fetish

insn't mr blue sky literally the most played song in cinema? I think the second one is bad to the bone

Why the fuck would weebs be watching western capeshit?

name other movies that have used it
i dare ye

>They keep mistaking Rocket for a fox.
>Movie never plays "Fox on the Run".

"Spirit in the Sky" all over again.

>Why the fuck would weebs be watching western capeshit?
Because we have a lot of free time and eclectic tastes

>we

It's used in a trailer. Same thing with Spirit,

Essential cringecore

Boomercore