LOL, not a lot of good that armor did for those knights

LOL, not a lot of good that armor did for those knights

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/text/Viewers and critics were of course far less understanding, and this dialogue has gone down in cinematic history as one of the worst nonsequiters ever uttered on screen.
youtube.com/watch?v=AQUTUS7XRlo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bashing weapons >>> piercing

Great fight desu.

Not like GoT where armour has no meaning whatsoever and gets cut through by edged weapons.

wow 3 (4?) highly trained crusaders can't kill 1 fag.
Whoever wrote this hates logic

You reminded me that this movie exists. Gonna go watch it now. Thanks, bro.

i think they were just stuntmen, and it was probably scripted/choreographed for them to lose

underrated film

It's Legolas, he gets +5 to agility

but why would stuntmen agree to be killed by Orlando Bloom?

Goes without saying, but still: Director's Cut

laughed irl

Do you think light mail is magical or something? You still have organs in your body...under mail.

>highly
The majority of men employed to the Holy Land were not "highly" trained. This isn't D&D, being a knight doesn't grant you skill points by class.

I'm still mad we got this tame pc shit that looks like a perfume ad instead of crusades by verhoeven with Arnold and the screenwriter of the wild bunch, would have been something numale triggering instead of numale friendly

>using a rock against an enemy with a helmet is enough to stun him to the point of him being unable to swing a sword

Wew

what?

>getting hit in the head with a blunt object doesn't matter if I wear a helmet! This means I can't feel it anymore :D

>According to later interviews, the screenwriter was preparing the second draft of the script for "Kingdom of Heaven" when he accidentally hit "paste" instead of "delete," which inserted "Everything" immediately after the intended "Nothing." He and his studio assistants then failed to detect the mistake even after several copyedits. Errors like this are almost always caught and removed by the time the shooting script is prepared, but one or two inconsistiencies inevitably sneak in, only to be discovered during production. Of course the director and actors immediately realized the mistake during shooting, but the line had to be filmed merely to comport with the Writers' Guild rules included in the screenwriter's contract, which is why its delivery is so bizarre and overstated. No one on set expected the line to actually make it into the final cut. But then, in post production, the editor had no choice but to use the footage to maintain lighting consistiencies and direction of motion between shots. Everyone involved was upset with the resulting nonsensical line, but acknowledged it had to stay in for technical reasons. Viewers and critics were of course far less understanding, and this dialogue has gone down in cinematic history as one of the worst nonsequiters ever uttered on screen.

why? it's shit.

What?
If you're a knight, you're rich as fuck and spend your days training

Where did you get this bullshit from?

>If you're a knight, you're rich as fuck
Except crusading monastic knights took a vow of poverty.

Not everyone who fought in the King's army, or who worked with Templar knights were themselves highly trained. Nothing explicitly distinguishes the men in that scene as being Templar Knights, they are wearing light mail and a basic helmet of most light to mid-heavy infantry men. So, whether the men after Legolas were knights or not, eh...that could be a nitpick, sure.

Point was that knights of that period were overhyped as fuck.

stop trying to make this a meme, faggot

archive.4plebs.org/_/search/text/Viewers and critics were of course far less understanding, and this dialogue has gone down in cinematic history as one of the worst nonsequiters ever uttered on screen.

>This old pasta again

The reason this is so stupid is because its better not worse that he said everything. It makes sense.

>feeling something means I literally can't swing my arm

What is this pasta worth?

Can't underestimate the psychological benefits of armor.

it was a meme long before the archive was a thing newfag

Visibility is already shit, now throw in a fit, late 20s something with a 20 pound rock being slammed against your head..

Have you never watched Battle of the Nations? Niggas smash axes into each other's face repeatedly without losing consciousness.

nothing
everything

When did anyone imply that it wasn't? Fuck off.

>comparing a larp tournament with actual Medieval combat.
KEK, are you autistic?

Damn fighting back then must have easy as fuck when guys just open wide their defenses and just stand and allow to be moved around like ragdolls.

Yeah but nigga the crusades were targeted largely to landholding elite. How expensive a suit of armor, horse and weapons are in the high Middle Ages is absolutely insane, never mind having a retinue. The establishment of these orders wasn't a vow of poverty. These guys were bankers of the Levantine, especially the Templars.

I recommend checking out "The Crusades" by Thomas Asbridge.

m8 it's actual steel weapons beating against actual period armour. Yeah, it's not realistic medieval combat, but it shows the effectiveness of wearing a goddamn helmet.

>when did anyone imply that it wasn't
in the post i was replying to genius

>m8 it's actual steel weapons
Except it isn't you stupid retard, all weapons used in the tournament are half the weight and blunted.

Then you are illiterate and easy to trigger.

sure, you're not just covering your ass

Jesus Christ, why are you still talking? Fuck off already.

>blunted
We're literally discussing blunt trauma, you retard.

covering his ass for what? What are you so bootyblasted over here, autist?

>not a single shield block

Fuck I hate Hollywood

Holy shit, you aren't following; all of the mock weapons used in the tournament are not made of steel, they are half the weight and contain no sharp edges. Nobody is getting hit in the fucking head with pounds of weight by those axes you retarded as shit teenager.

whatever man, go back to lurking your archive

right...

Koh was originally a different script that was supposed to be directed by verhoeven who is also a radical Christian scholar it was about a mischievous dirty bastard played by Arnold with plenty of rape scenes and crazy shit, meanwhile koh is politically correct with all its subtext about Muslim friendship post 911 leftism and Vatican II bullshit and a numale faggot like legolas for the teenage girl demographic and senile ridley Scott who does not have a single subversive bone in his body shooting every scene like he's still working in advertising, if I'm still not understood then you'll never understand

>be innadesert
>at least 2 layers of cloth
>chain mail over that
>cloth over that
>great helm with like 6 tiny breathing holes

Crusading would be just a bit too warm for me desu.

>Kingdom of Heaven
>is politically correct post 911 "leftism"
You are baiting me, right? Or is Sup Forums really that goofy these days?

((((MAXIMUM TIPPING)))))

Ayy nevermind that there's broken bones every year and dude in sent a guy to the ER with a nearly a severed spin by that pathetic little fake axe. It's all staged.

>tfw too intelijent to like fight scenes because they are all retarded

For half a second, yeah. Enough time to hit him again, do that about a dozen times and he's started to have a bad day.

>people go to the hospital
And? It's a contact "sport", of course that happens.
>by that pathetic little fake axe.
It probably was a combination of things that put him in the hospital, friendo...not JUST the axe.
>It's all staged.
I don't understand, do you think these fights are just happening organically? That people are instinctively going out there in Medieval-era garb and fighting?

kys

Actually this is realistic, I know because I can recreate this scene in mount and blade

How did it NOT help? The first guy took 8 or 9 hits to the face with a rock, that shit kills you without a helmet on

chainmail is designed to prevent slashing attacks, when you get hit with a sword while wearing chainmail, you'll feel the blunt impact assuming your links don't pop and get penetrated and you get cut

Why not more movies about this time period?

Too scared about muslim fee fee's?

They're offended by everything so no worries there...

was it edited that awful in the movie?

The only other Crusader movie I know of was a swedish one called Arn the Knight Templar.

youtube.com/watch?v=AQUTUS7XRlo

>They're offended by everything
Unlike you?

it's an ambiguous period of history with a lot of contention over the facts and modern audiences aren't interested in trying to understand the ideas and motivations of that time. Any films involving the period are bound to fall into the trap of trying to be relatable to modern times when they aren't. Also no modern media ever portrays faith that accurately, or the way in which the church can hold influence. It's always 'muh evil scheming bishops' rather than looking at the bigger picture of trade, war and diplomacy.