Why are Catholics more fun and interesting than Protestant dullards?

Why are Catholics more fun and interesting than Protestant dullards?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_comparative_mythology
m.youtube.com/watch?v=s0-EgjUhRqA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The only good thing the commies did was to burn the churches

protestants are mostly germanic, that's why

Catholics are MED
Protestants are g*Rmanics

Not true, our South is mostly catholic. Also the best part of the country. Protestants pay for my semen

i am greek

Sometimes, I kind of feel like something pulling me back to the religion.

How is Catholic Heaven different to Protestant Heaven?

They're the both the same, nonexistent

because BLACK BULLS support the catholic church

ayyyy lmao

isn't the south also the part of Germany that gets accused of partying too much and not working enough?

BTFO

We party a lot but I have never heard people call us lazy. BMW, Audi, Porsche, Mercedes are all in the south

Based South Germanics.

Protestantism was born out of an autistic spat about lore, what do you expect?

that was the orthodox schism

why do catholics fail to build up successful nations and instead resort to yeling at protestants?

swiss are catholics

Excuse me but there is literally nothing more important than source material and canon.

Why do Protestants need anti-depressants to not kill themselves?

>half of those in the top are catholic
lmao

Anime and going to the church every sunday morning

Lets see
>Iceland
Prot
>denmark
Prot
>Sweden
Prot
>Finland
Prot
>Belgium
Half Prot, can presume it's flanders taking the meds
>UK
Prot
>Norway
Prot
Only two Catholic nations are in the top ones, mate.

because they're heathens whose religious opinions change based on some guy's opinion rather than being founded on the word of god.

there are more important:
- not sniping around other races and hanging their skin in the middle of the snow
- loving and respecting the Holy Trinity and respecting and imitating Mary and the Saints
and yeah reading and understanding the Word of God too, they all go hand in hand actually, neither is much more important than the other
but it's useless to read the Bible if you gonna be a savage that leaves babies in the snow

>ice
prot
>denmark
prot
>por
prot
>sweden
prot
>finland
prot
>beglium
cat
>uk
prot
>spain
cat

its ok man
maybe one day
MAYBE catholics will build up prosperous nations, but it wont be before they become capable of reading charts, which is one of the very foundations of science

yeah, yours is based in the opinion of a dude with a hammer, ours has a pimp cup

we won bitch

growing up catholic just made me scared of sin desu. I didn't feel like god loved me, I felt like he was waiting for me to fuck up so he could add another tick to the list

>growing up unitedstatian*
you meant to say. even baptists, mormons and other sects complain the same as you
i dunno what's wrong with white christians, but it's really wrong...

The Mary thing is just the ancient Mother cult rebranded. How obvious does it need to be? You literally call her Queen of Heaven which is an ancient pagan title for a goddess mentioned in the Bible itself.

Time to spread hardcore Calvinism. Even the Catholic Jansenists in France knew Calvin was onto something.

>The Mary thing is just the ancient Mother cult rebranded
>The Christmas thing is just the Winter Solstice Saturnalias rebranded
>The Valentine's day thing is just Lupercalia rebranded
>The Saint John's Eve thing is just Midsummer's bonfires rebranded
so what lol, i'm not blinded that it was all for the sake of marketing. it's nice that it's consecrated instead of destroyed (christians did destroy many good things in the past though. fucking eurosavages)

> The Mary thing is just the ancient Mother cult rebranded.
The absolute state of pr*Testantism.

nigga ever heard of fucking confession?, thats the dopest part of catholicism, you can sin as much as you want as long as you go to the priest, tell them what you did and pray 3 hail maries or whatever he feels like dashing that day (hopefully is not dick)

like literally catholicism is the very best form of casual christianism out there, all the sense of feel goodness attached to it plus cool art, muslim killing hsitory and easy forgiveness

yeah, so? first christians where pagan converts, christianism itself started as an off shoot of judaism, and it has naturally added shit from many cultures it has interacted with

wanna have a pure un mixed religion go join your nearest animistic abbo cult or something

Protestants actually read the Bible and apply those teachings to their lives. The Temple of Baal was torn down and turned into a latrine in the Bible (2 Kings 10:27). Sacred groves were cut down, and altars smashed on the command of God as well (Exodus 34:13).

It says right there on the box that souls are saved only through grace, not magic tricks by a guy in a big hat in rome. Lutheran orthodoxy and puritanism best day of my life.

Pure, unmixed AND undefiled religion is found in the Bible.

Statues, queens of heaven, mindless repeating of prayers are all condemned as filthy pagan things.

Europe cleansed itself twice of paganism. First by the initial destruction of paganism, and then finishing the job after the Reformation.

>It says right there on the mistranslated germanic version we bought from some german faggot*
ftfy
ps: the Pope doesn't do magic tricks but administrative/teaching works. pay no attention to the crazy brazilian

The protestantist ideology goes well with capitalism.
From a catholic point of view you will go to heaven if you behave well
Froma protestant point of view you will go to heaven if you work hard

Catholic is the only and truly Jesus Christ religion others are wrong

I wish the Pope will declare crusade soon.

The Protestant point of view is that your hard work shows your good behaviour which shows you will go to heaven.

Lazy Catholics think that mumbling off some prayers is behaving well, rather than working 12 hour days.

For me, it's Catharism. The best religious movement.
Stop worshipping Satan.

Read the Bible, rather than your mumbo-jumbo inauthentic, fraudulent, ahistorical gnostic nonsense.

I hope you are Catholic then.

I'm considering between converting to either catholicism or orthodoxy.
I'd probably enjoy orthodoxy more but then I'd most likely be put on some kind of a supo watchlist and have to interact with russians so those are a huge minus.
On the other hand there are very few catholics in funland and not that many churches so it'd be just me and a rosary beads.
Religion is hard.

that’s literally high school tier heresy

Read Romans then tell me what you think of the "law" and "works".

Romans 1:16-17
Romans 3:21-26

If you hate the pagan part of christianity why don't you just convert to Judaism ?

Heretiquer than you, Martin.

Orthodoxy is heretical. They don't believe the Trinity is equal (Filioque dispute) and they have a weird Sophia gnostic goddess thing lurking in the background. That and a confused view of Mary.

I believed that Jesus is the Redeemer. That has nothing to do with Catholic practice.

Orthodoxy presence is probably stronger in Finland (due to historical ties to Russia) but in most cases i'd advise Protestants to convert to Catholicism. They'll understand it better.

*I believe

But on the other hand orthodoxy is has direct lineage to nicene christianity, the first officially accepted doctrine and the closest thing to early christianity.

Ancient Jews venerated the Divine Mother as Wisdom/Sophia. is correct. Instead of observing Marian theology based upon it's substance, people like are willing to call out certain so called paganism in Christianity yet don't take it to it's logical conclusion. If Mary is the Divine Mother, why wouldn't the Father be Deus Pater? Or Brahma? Why wouldn't Christ be Shiva, or some version of Dionysus and Apollo?

Veneration of the Virgin Mary dates to earliest Christianity, by the 4th century it was Incorporated into Orthodox Christian Dogma when the Church agreed that she was deserving of the title Theotokos.
Sophia is present in Catholicism as well as Protestantism.

Read the Book of Revelations, Ch 2. Even Churches with direct lineages failed. Only the church at Smyrna had no condemnation. The Word of God does not need a Church to give it authenticity. The Word of God is authentic by itself alone and in itself alone.

>protestant countries
rich

>catholic countries
third world shitholes

makes me tink..

Mary is the mother of God in his human form, not his spiritual form.

Ancient Jews also worshipped Asherah, but this was condemned in the Bible. Sophia is not a real thing but a metaphor. That's what Protestants believe.

Not this lying meme made up chart again

Worshipping Mary sends you straight to hell they may as well enjoy their time.

Jesus said Wisdom is justified by her children.

The Bible was put together in the 3rd century by men. It was men who decided what was canon. to say that scripture validates itself when it's objective that it was men who debated and compiled scripture in the first place is silly.

>rich
You cannot serve God and Mammon.

Orthodoxy is one of the official national churches here, so ironically enough it would be easier to convert to orthodoxy. On the other hand like I said even though the finnish orthodox church has nothing to do with the russian equivalent it's still looked down on as a "russian" religion, which is a shame.

Metaphor. Jesus loved metaphors and parables. Jesus said he was bread, a door, and a vine. He was speaking in metaphors.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_in_comparative_mythology

They apply the same criteria to Jesus that you apply to Mary.

They used excellent criteria. What they rejected has been confirmed to be gnostic garbage. Gnostic gospels are contradictory and nonsensical so they would have been easy to identify. The hardest one was the Shepherd of Hermas which was eventually rejected. Thank goodness, because that had some pretty faulty theology and prophecy. Christians are very content with the books in the Bible especially when the Nag Hammadi texts came to light.

We live on the North pole. Better than drinking and beating the wife.

Christians are well aware of these claims. I could do some epic copy pasting, but this funny video sums it up. It's well worth the ~five minutes start to finish.

>Our apologetics about Jesus is correct, but Catholic apologetics about Mary aren't.
Can you see the cognitive dissonance here?

Because they can read the philosophy of Christianity through the narrative of the Bible, unlike Protestants.

It's easy.

Catholicism incorporated many cultural elements into it.
Protestants however, couldn't separate these cultural aspects from religion, so they destroyed them altogether, thinking of them as some perversion of the church.

Catholics kept their traditions and their culture.
Protestants eliminated theirs in their puritan pursuits.

No, because Protestants believe their view is objectively correct, and the Catholic view is objectively wrong where we disagree. Protestants do not believe that Catholics are correct according to the Bible. That is a very consistent position. Protestants definitely understand what Catholics believe. Catholics and Protestants still arrange debates to this day to discuss disagreements. There are hours and hours of debates on YouTube.

>2016+2
>Believing in God.

I hope you guys don’t do this.

>Protestants definitely understand what Catholics believe.
doubt

Everyone knows that veneration and worship are different things, for example, but when a Protestants enters the room suddenly words don't have meaning anymore.

>Protestants definitely understand what Catholics believe.
No they don't, they constantly misunderstand Catholic belief. Even here , no Catholic thinks Mary is the Mother of Jesus's Spiritual form. I hear Protestant slander against Catholics, such as that they practice idolatry with their icons or worship saints, being treated as unironic fact by Protestants. At least you aren't denying that using parallel theology to try to discredit Catholicism is a self-defeating venture.

>2018
>unironic shitflinging over different sects of christianity
you people really are special

In practice, veneration and worship look similar according to Protestantism. Even some Catholics agree there are clear abuses. Also, Buddhists and Catholics believe the same thing about statues.

>the irish, pasta, and mexicans are the only catholics

fucking americans

I rejected your view of Mary as Divine Mother. She can't be since she was not really the mother of Jesus in a literal sense. Protestants listen to what Catholics say, hear their arguments and reject them. If a Protestant comes to the conclusion that Catholic practice resembles idolatory, despite what Catholics might say, that is their intellectual entitlement. Basically, Protestants believe Catholics are telling lies.

>she was not really the mother of Jesus in a literal sense
>this is your son

I guess Catholics tell the same lies Jesus told then

>I rejected your view of Mary as Divine Mother.
you’re the one who called her that . You don’t even have your own views straight yet expect to convince others?

>she was not really the mother of Jesus in a literal sense
Do most protestants actually believe this?

yep. He looked to Mary his mother and said “woman, behold your son” and turned to john and said “son, behold your mother” and from that momen Saint John took Mary into his own home.

Jesus is God. God has no "mother". When he became a human, he needed a mother as a baby. End.

What are you quoting?

Read this quote
Matthew 12
47Someone told Him, “Look, Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to You.” 48But Jesus replied, “Who is My mother, and who are My brothers?” 49Pointing to His disciples, He said, “Here are My mother and My brothers.…

australia has more catholics than protestants

>Jesus is God
but He wanted to be human in order to understand humanity
the whole kangaroo trial and crucifixion, why would a god subject itself to it if it isn't to understand men's sin and forgive them?
didn't He call himself "Son of Man" all the time?

By the Mary thing I meant Catholic Mariology, which Protestants disagree with.

This quote goes to show Mary could be reassigned to a human as his mother, meaning that Mary was not Jesus' "real" mother. Jesus used to refer to Mary not as Mother but as "Woman".

John 2 4 “Woman,[a] why do you involve me?” Jesus replied. “My hour has not yet come.”

Jesus does not need a mother to be created. He is God. He has always existed. He was already in existence as the second Person of the triune God.

I can't believe there are people in the same reality as me who take this shit so seriously that they go to the comment section of a fucking simpsons gag and then discuss it while actually being genuinely angry about it.
Religion was a mistake

>What are you quoting?
john 19:25-27

I'm quoting John.
I'm guessing i the KJV it would read something different.

Your quote doesn't speak against it.
We're all brothers of Jesus under the Father.

Son of Man shows that He is the Son of God as Man.

See the reference to the prophecy of Daniel 7:13-14

“In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a SON OF MAN, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.”

This was the huge Messianic claim - the Son of God as Man. Not an angel of God. But the Son of God as Man.

John 4:2 tells us, “This is how you can recognize the Spirit of God: Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the FLESH is from God.

Ok, see my response . Mary was in only one practical sense the mother of Jesus as the human protector of Jesus when he was a baby, not the actual mother of Jesus since Jesus has always existed in the Trinity. See Jesus say that Mary was not really his mother in the quote here .

She gave birth to him, he called her his Mother, she's explicitly referred to as the Mother of Jesus multiple times in the Bible

Why can't God have a mother?

>he needed a mother as a baby.
yes, like everyone else, that's the thing we call mothers.
Does the mother HAVE to precede the child?
No.

Religion is great.
Atheists societies always fail.

Case in point: the world, all the time, everywhere.

No he didn't. In your quote he did not call her mother, but "When Jesus saw his mother there, and the disciple whom he loved standing nearby, he said to her, “WOMAN, [a] here is your son,”.

The reason for being referred to a his mother was for purely practical reasons, in the sense she gave birth to him and protected him. She was not his mother in the divine sense.

She was a human receptacle for him and protector as a baby. That's it.