Ghost in the Shell

Just watched this. What's everyone's problem? The only real flaw is the dialog was kinda hokey. That monologue at the end was very cringe. But everything else was fine. The visuals were great. The action was good. And the overall plot was pretty decent for an action scifi.

Probably will be in my top five for 2017.

The third act is kind of a let down but everything before that was cool. story is kinda meh. real shit compared to the original. Michael Pitt shoulda stayed the antagonist and not worn any pants.

It should have been a rated R movie. EVERY problem I have with the movie links back to it not being rated R. No nudity. No "gore" (the dude with the stealth camo gets an arm and a leg broken)

ultimate trigger movie
Sup Forumsacks mad about scarjew, female protagonist, biracial lesbian scene
sjdubs mad about muh "whitewashing"
weebs mad because of course they are

it was good

I dunno. I enjoyed it.

gits is literally my favorite Chinese cartoon so this is an abomination.

Its was dumbed down as fuck. Generic ass hurrr the government stole her identity to make her a weapon plot. Shits gay nigga

>DURR IMMA EAT SHIT TO SPITE EVERYONE, EVERYONE IS STUPID BUT ME LMAO

don't care about "visual effects", I'm not 12. Just tell me if there is naked people like in the anime.

If yes I will watch it, if not then its trash.

I think Scarlet is a really boring actress but the movie was fine.

Didn't like some of the changes made to the story but most of it was enjoyable to watch.

>The visuals were great.

Yes.

>The action was good.

No. It was pretty terribly edited and poorly choreographed.

Whitewashing

Shell with no ghost. All that made the original film interesting is fucking lost. Gone or dumbed down to a point is not even funny.

Her character is written totally wrong and the Battou POV is lost.

The villains were shit tier
>evil corporation that is evil for the sake of being evil
it's not 1985 anymore, cmon people.

I liked how the whitewashing people got told hard because Motoko was jap before geting synth body which is actually quite true to the original, since she isn't jap in the manga either.

>plot was pretty decent
no

I liked it as well. Animetards btfo.

I am now convinced this is a good movie.

>Jews
>White

I liked it too but it felt maybe 30 percent too cartoony? idk why.

>corporations stopped being evil in 80's

that's right, user.

>>evil corporation that is evil for the sake of being evil
Just the CEO is a douchenozzle for the sake of being a douchenozzle.

But can you blame them? They need a clear evil villain for the average western audience or they'll shit all over the movie.

>sjdubs mad about muh "whitewashing"

Out of curiosity, I recently checked out the customer reviews on Amazon Japan, and nobody mentioned Scarlett's race as a negative, and only a couple commented on it at all. Then again, on the American site, just about 3% of reviews mention race/'whitewashing', and only a couple of those (from unverified viewers) find a problem with it.

>Evil corporation creates cyborg
>Cyborg works better than expected
>Evil corporation mobilizes all its resources to destroy the cyborg they created.

Non one gives a shit what race she was which doesn't keep the movie from being garbage.

I certainly agree

Whitewashing does not apply here anyway. The major's shell was a caucasian woman in the anime.

Fucking SJWs couldn't even bother to do a 10 second google search before they start bitching about social issues.

Is a secret forces recruitment movie for the japanese.

Still, they could've tried.
I mean, it's not like people actually went to see it with this plot either.
It felt like fucking Logan all over again.

>The only real flaw is
>But everything else was fine.

It is a high order pleb filter.

Fucking pleb.

>evil corporation that is evil for the sake of being evil
>it's not 1985 anymore, cmon people.

Are you a literal child? Corps are more evil now than ever before. They just happen to have more money, more lobbyists, and are better at hiding their evil now than ever before.

lots of japanese people have blue eyes you racist

My bad.

I guess Batou is an albino negro as well, right?

Good visuals, trash story, trash dialogue, trash fight coreography, trash editing, good acting from everyone but scarjo which was trash
Overall it was pretty awful

hot damn those evil corporashuuuns!!!
I was talking about the complexity of the plot, you fucking autists

You'd expect something more in two thousand fucking seventeen.

Also if you truly believe that corporations are more evil than government, then I would have to question which one of us is the child here

Ghost in the Shell is like the Dark Souls 2 of cinema. It's good on its own.

I have to admit, the special effects were pretty decent. It got the post-cyberpunk design down.

the whole purpose of corporations is to make money and shield the people who run them from personal legal liability. they'll do shady evil bullshit if the cost benefit analysis says it's what they should do. the history of the modern world is filled with examples of this. that's why they make good antagonists.