Gosh i remember how happy and excited Sup Forums

gosh i remember how happy and excited Sup Forums

what went wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/YhdMdDqW
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There have been bad spots here and there, but season 7 has been unironically good. I wish there was more involvement with Jaime but otherwise I can't really complain. :)

its been 7 years. i think almost the whole base changed. the old regulars only lurking and sad what Sup Forums has become.

>what went wrong
Same shit that always happens with TV shows.

You can't expect any consistency of quality from non-STEM guys. They run out of inspiration very quickly and want to switch to another subject. And D&D made themselves literal slaves. They probably wanted to quit since s4 but they had to make at least 4 more and it shows.

The newfag Harry Potter tier fans, seriously I blame all of this on them and Twitter. Everything past The Red Wedding has been a mistake.

By the way Harry Potter and "Nerd Culture", capitalising on the ASOIAF fanbase. I really remember when the discussions were mildly serious here on Sup Forums and we were hyped when Dance got released. The only mildly trolling in threads were everyone derailing and spouting that Jon is Rhaegar's son.

Fuck it has been that long? Remember the sticky from season 2 looping a whole day.

To tell the truth though Sup Forums was shit as long as I can remember with little moments of greatness, like Jack from lost doing falcon punches and whatnot. What you don't remember is like the pedos from back then like Kaji or whatever he was called, or Annatap/Bellatap doing a countdown till 18 for Bella Thorne every fucking day for like 5 years. Also this board almost unusable during the genesis of the bane meme. Literally nothing but FOR YOU posts, nothing else.

I could go on but it was never that great. People back then complained about it having gone to shit as well. I can't remember when people didn't say that.

GRRM happened. I love the books and was super excited when the TV show was coming out. Goddamn season 1 was just a near perfect adaptation too. But GRRM dropped the ball. He should have stood up for his books and made D&D follow them more closely. However, this would have required him to actually finish some fucking books so that they have something to work with for the later seasons, and fatso is not bothering to do that. He'll probably drop the series here and never publish the next book, dying while he blogs about food and football.

This. I think when they started the project they anticipated G.R.R.M would have finished or at least been damn close by the time they were done.

They were not prepared to be in this for the long haul

>dying while he blogs about food and football

the dream

GRRM, while not the most eloquent, can structure a plot and make a story flow. D&D cannot. Once they were no longer following a skeleton structure of the books, storylines started falling apart.

>it's GRRM's fault for no strong arming HBO
He's a fat retard alright, but I imagine D&D would have had plenty of chances to ask him about the story if they wanted. Based on how they handled already established characters from the books, it's fair to say they didn't give a fuck about Martin anyway and would have ignored his input no mater what.

>what went wrong

The show isn't the same. There's no world building anymore. Very little of what made it originally attractive has remained.

is there an archived thread somewhere about the first mention of GoT on Sup Forums?

Dabid and Dee Bee are a couple punks

They ran out of books and decided to write a fanfiction for a bunch of millennials.

No but the general used to be glorious

They didn't have the talent/budget/cgi to get the direwolves on screen for more than an episode or two per season.

It's made the way all HBO series are now. Focus groups and boards of "diverse writers". Which is exactly why the first seasons, which wasn't written in that way, were good.

also, went in the wrong thread

gee, im sure glad we brought these long ass fucking chains to pull the dragon out of the water

martin is what went wrong we will get old and he still wouldnt use the dragons to attack the lannisters on the books
so they decide fuck it and just got done with it

there was almost daily a patriacian /general/ i got so many gems of kino out there i would have never watched. the insane tripfags like bella and and gordon lewitt nutjob were amazin to witness. also baneposting at its birth was grolius..

lmao they are so piss poor, 'insert benjen comment

I was hooked from the first episode. After S1 most people who enjoyed the show reads the book then and what followed were seasons misinterpreting the books massively.

well said, its poor fan fiction, inspired by twitter trends

Direwolves are just horse-sized wolves. I don't know why everyone keeps howling about them. They're irrelevant to the plot. Unlike dragons, these wolves are not magical, powerful enough to change the tide of war, or even that special. They're just over sized wolves.

it is grrms fault, but his fault is allowing D&D to be show runners. when they came to him with the idea of turning the books into motion media(first pitch was a movie series) he should have just looked at their résumé and found someone more capable. the reason they are failing now is because they are talentless. they dont have his descrpitions from the books to serve as scene descriptions any more. they don't have his dialogue to copy paste and steal any more(they are even attempting to move dialogue from other pieces of the book because they are so incapable of writing. examples are frey pies and the speech that dornish cunt made to olenna)

it is 100% grrms fault for falling for the jew trap.

>most people didn't even know Sup Forums existed when GoT first aired

>Fuck it has been that long?
Of course it has you fucking idiot. One season a year, we're on season 7. Have you not been paying attention?

S1-S3 were really good. I liked to just listen to characters' interactions which is always a good sign.
S4 was hit and miss, but still had some decent moments.
S5 however doesn't have any excuses. Literally nothing happens and there are only two interesting scenes in the entire series.
I really thought that S6 was a legit improvement and had enough good moments (but obviously wasn't as good as S1-S3), but S7 is once again a disappointment to me so far.

It's not "bad", mostly because the material, characters and pretty much every tool this show uses is great, but like user above said, there is no real development any more.

Last two seasons (three, if you count eight) is a "finale", so it tries to bring everything that was before to closure. The problem is that it occasionally feels like it consuming its source material and parasitizing on it, rather than actually ending it in a satisfying way. It feels like show in a hurry to skip some parts it doesn't like.
The whole war with Tyrells happened in a two fucking scenes. That's some legit writing here, D&D.

>Jon returns tot he wall with team
>no Ghost scene

cheap fucks.

the dragens ate all the budget.

episode 6 was garbage

>Jack from lost doing falcon punches
I miss jackface threads

>tfw lurking Sup Forums since WE HAVE TO GO BACK KATE first aired

Why can't they film a white wolfdog in such a way that he looks really big? CGI budget is no excuse for never showing Ghost. What a clusterfuck this show turned into.

Bait.

They just wanted to do the Red Wedding and I doubt they gave much of a shit beyond that.

you guys complain about trivial things but GoT still one of the best shows ever made

it's your own retarded fault for thinking the show would be perfect or that they wouldn't butcher some parts

GoT was the tv show that was promised. When you watch season 1 for the first time, specially if you didn't read the books, you get that amazing hype. You crave for more.

It's utterly disappointing to know the quality has dropped like that. If season 8 spoilers are real everything was fooking pointless and I'll regret watching this show forever.

stfu you're being way too dramatic
every season was definitely worth the watch

What went wrong is that fantasy fiction, even when it's trying to be edgy, always falls back onto the regular set of tropes related to its genre.

Also people must be straight up retarded not to get that the very basic narrative structure is taken out of Dune.
A great house falls because everyone else is scheming circles around it but is later revived, returned to glory and even dominates the entire setting (because of "supernatural" reasons).

No, i'm not. You just settle for anything.

Faggots like you never understood the appeal of the show in the first place, fuck off.

What was even the point of the direwolves?

>GoT was the tv show that was promised. When you watch season 1 for the first time, specially if you didn't read the books, you get that amazing hype. You crave for more.
I dropped the first episode halfway through multiple times. Months later I started the first book and ended up reading all of them one after the other. I finished watching the first season only because I wanted to convince a friend of mine to pick up the book; I didn't enjoy it and it didn't even work.

It's the only show I watch. Most everything is barely watchable these days. Atleast GoT has decent production values and some occasional GRRM-made scene.

In the books they are magical and Starks can warg into them. Also the best of bros.

It's not a good show anymore. The only reason this show exist. Is to give work to visual effects artists. Nothing more this show is literally sports tier now.

Nothing. It's been good overall. Only derpy contrarian cucks are having a bad time

That was merely the first act of Dune.

Are you seriously comparing Dune as a whole to the mediocrity that is ASOIAF ?

There have been really noticeable drops in consistency, realism and FUCKING CONSEQUENCES. Which was the appeal of GoT in the first place.

There's only so much you can turn your brain off while still remaining conscious.

I wish I had an albino wolf puppy. I'd name him Forest.

they're a tv powerhouse, they have the budget.

Wait it's a flash FORWARDD?!?? OH MY GOD!!

Nothing, it simply became too popular for Sup Forums to like it

>non-STEM guys
wtf does this even mean? only scientists should make TV shows? fucking stupid

best era that i can remember is true detective season 1. that was such a fun and hype time, people fucking loved the show.

GRRM would never base his work on something as lame as fucking giant worms lmao

until the last episode

>Euron teleports across the continent multiple times per episode
>could be partially explained by the sacrifices Euron does in the books
>this would make Euron and more interesting character
>nah let's just cut the number of episodes and focus our limited time on DABID fanfiction

The showrunners are tired of Game of Thrones, they want to end it quickly so they can make their Man in the High Castle ripoff about the Civil War. Also the budget is out of control because actors who were paid next to nothing at the beginning are now commanding Hollywood-tier salaries.

>and some occasional GRRM-made scene.
Those dried up years ago.

well, other "people" have constantly fucked up

do you have any more pictures like this one?

Read the leaks for season 8. The whole series which was already in decline takes an insane nose dive. It's going to be so bad, almost no one will ever re-watch the series again. The whole story culminates to absolutely nothing which makes the entire journey to the end feel like an enormous waste of time with no closure and a cheesy "The End...or is it??? DUN DUN DUN!" style ending. No explanation of the bizarre seasonal patterns of Westeros, no reveal of the White Walker's motives, no addressing the Doom, no addressing magic or its presence in the world, the whole valonqar thing goes no where, and so many other plot lines that when I got done reading them I literally felt dizzy from how stupid and nonsensical they are. I have heard so many amazing and well thought out ideas for how the series would end. The version they're working with currently is so bad that I have literally never seen anyone suggest anything CLOSE to as bad for how the series should end. They almost have to change it because reading it was like watching a plane take off knowing that there is an easily fixable mechanical malfunction. When random nobodies on the internet write more compelling "holy shit" caliber endings compared to what the creators are going with, you know something is wrong. If it sounds like I'm maybe exaggerating I can assure I am not. If anything I'm probably being even nicer because there are elements that are so bad I'm actively blocking them out. The series has turned into toxic waste.

Quick rundown on the leaks?

WHERE ARE THE LEAKS?

pastebin.com/YhdMdDqW

There are enough unironic reddit posters here, why even make the effort user?

>Everything past The Red Wedding

why do people act like the show didn't take a huge fucking nosedive in Season 2?

>Robb breaks his marriage vow for no reason other than a fucking temper tantrum screaming WAAH WAAH I DUN WUNNA MARRY A STOOPED FREY GIRL
>Robb gets married under the Seven
>Kelly C's acting gets even worse
>Jaime becomes a Kinslayer for no reason

Though I think the moment I knew the show was dead forever was when Tyrion killed Tywin over Shae instead of Tysha

Fuck, they even mentioned Tysha in season 1, why even bother if you're not going to use that storyline

Tyrion falling in love with Shae was the most retarded thing D&D could have ever done. Tyrion is smart, he knows she's a fucking whore and nothing more. In the books he is fond of her and enjoys her company more than the usual whore but he is nowhere close to loving her. Fuck, he's more likely to love Bronn than Shae.

Don't forget the part where Drogon's CGI wing clips straight through a tree and apparently nobody was able to notice it because they're literally fucking blind

>Liking a well made show like 90% of normal people
get off my Sup Forums

WebM?

this wtf ?????

His wing doesn't clip through a tree at all. It goes over a tree in the foreground and in front of a tree in the background, and the two trees look like one tree if you're "blind." You're fucking scum.

Preston?

>tyrion wanted to get back together with the girl in the books

Seriously?
Did she betray him less in the books?

In the books, Jaime reveals that Tysha was indeed nothing more than what she appeared to be - a random girl being harassed by bandits

Tywin lied about it and got all the guards to rape her because he didn't want his son to marry a nobody

>Tyrion jokes that the Night King only needs 10 good men to impregnate the bitch, but only Bronn catches the joke.

What is the point of armies? Just get 5 good men and you can do anything.

I met a guy that had a full Lannister sleeve tattoo, and he actually got it years before the first season came out, which I thought was pretty cool. Anyway I can only imagine how shit that guy must feel seeing all these newfag tv fans

I think LS is completely off the show now, there is no way they are bringing her in, without mentioning it before somewhere

An accurate depiction of the pacing of Game of Thrones.

You forgot Wyman Manderly having all his stuff given to Arya and that Mormont girl because grrrrrrrrl power.

What the fuck is with the show

>what went wrong
Really mediocre seasons five and six, and seven is shaping up to be an example of a season being less than the sum of its parts (in that individual episodes are decent enough on their own but the season as a whole is kinda crappy). Pacing wise the show is all over the place, and too much stuff has been dropped or nonsensically changed or both. Dire wolves are pretty much irrelevant now, and the series left the Others alone for too long.

my life

the taint was present in the first two seasons as well

> Renly potrayed as a nu-male's progressive self-insert in a Medieval setting, instead of a charismatic powerhungry cunt
> no peach during the palfrey
> House of Dust scene very much fucked up in favor of Drogo x Daenerys shippingfaggotry

> "Tyrion is smart, he knows she's a fucking whore and nothing more."

he knows it, but he still does it anyway
he's constantly trying to remind himself that he's just a customer but he can't help but feel affection towards her

wow. harrington didnt age at all.

Are these confirmed to be real?

>/ourguy/ euron is the final boss
WEW

No. They are almost certainly fake.

It's been six years not seven

Someone should spam got facebook page with those

>realism
It's a fucking fantasy sunny, it's literally up to someone's fucking imagination what can happen, not your opinion
>consequences
A show also needs to know how to evolve and eventually get to an end point, it can't just keep doing the same fucking thing forever. We're 7 episodes out from ending the series, it's time to move past the main character killing and end the story with some people making it

The last 3 seasons.

They're real unfortunately. They aren't perfectly accurate with every detail, but they get the broad strokes correct.

I don't remember that happening in the first 3 books

FPWP