Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pu4DT9_w7yM
youtube.com/watch?v=VYHWn7Vfc5s
youtube.com/watch?v=LideSwXtEIk
youtube.com/watch?v=EQkZXGHDeog
youtube.com/watch?v=Gk6rtTLT1go
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYdox4ctUlA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can someone give me a quick rundown on this guy?

Former radio producer from Manchaster who shot to fame after working with Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant, who exploited his obscure views of the world for monetary gain by revolving the radio show on him, creating a series of popular podcasts and eventually sending him on a series of travel documentaries.

Or if you want the short version: he's a bald little mank with a head like a FUCKING ORANGE

Head like an orange

I actually prefer The Moaning of Life to An Idiot Abroad now. It's almost unsettling how open-minded Karl has become over the years

Was part of a podcast with Ricky Gervais and Steven Merchant back in the early 2000s. Ricky and Steve used him in Idiot Abroad for some easy $$$ but it backfired when Karl ended up being more entertaining and loveable than either Ricky or Steve

Personal favourite:
youtube.com/watch?v=pu4DT9_w7yM

he was always quite a sweet guy though (except for how he treated robin ince)

I know, he's a good guy. But when you compare Idiot Abroad with Moaning the difference is staggering. He used to be slagging things off, refusing to take part in stuff before reluctantly half-arsing it. But in Moaning of Life he's positive about just about everything he sees and takes real joy in it, and I loved seeing that.
Also how genuinely happy he was with his hair.

youtube.com/watch?v=VYHWn7Vfc5s

moaning was his own little project

hope he comes out of retirement to do something else. but hes too happy pottering about at home n that

The difference with Moaning of Life is that everything he's doing is because he wanted to do it and knew about it before hand. Idiot Abroad was him being forced to do gnarly shit at the drop of a hat, usually with the intent of putting him in incredibly uncomfortable/awkward situations for the comedy effect.

That's because he chose the things himself. In An Idiot Abroad Ricky and Steve chose for him.

I always assumed that he was happier due to less meddling from gervais

kind of sad we wont get any new material from RSK anymore. Doesn't seem like any one of them wants to do it.

I think Ricky will manage to dig him up and get him on the telly or the radio at one point, when he realises his Hollywood career is going nowhere.

Steve and Karl can't stand being around Ricky anymore.

Why do people keep peddling this meme when Karl and Steve have both said this is bullshit? Is it because Gervais makes people asshurt on twitter so they assume Karl/Steve hate him now?

Could you? He makes me laugh but he'd be insufferable as a mate.

They always clam up whenever people bring it up. All of them say something dismissive or awkward sounding.

So how staged was an idiot abroad?

Like I get they payed people to be dicks to him on purpose, but was it more staged than that?

Can you blame them? He's a pretentious asshole.
They used him to get some fame and money and dumped him, which is exactly what he deserves.

Each time I see his face on Sup Forums I wonder why Pierre Woodman keeps being posted.
>My daughter Alexandra is very beautiful. She’s 25 and looks like a top model. She writes, acts, she does a lot. When my daughter was young I started to speak with her about sex and explain how to take care of a man. She started having sex at age 18 and I told her a blowjob should be the last thing you do with a guy when you begin dating. The blowjob is the cherry on the cake. You need to wait for the man to prove he has a good heart and his intentions are correct before giving him a blowjob. I have a perfect relationship with my daughter and my son. Both of my children don’t smoke, drink or do drugs. They are very normal. Many people think, “ah, to be the daughter of Pierre Woodman, the monster, she must be insane too?” Then people see my daughter and she is so pure, so normal. It’s the same with my son. People are shocked that I’m cool with my children and my wife and that our lives are perfect.
Pic related is his wife not his daughter

>They always clam up whenever people bring it up. All of them say something dismissive or awkward sounding.

actual autism

How do you mean? Karl documented the whole thing in his books. The trips happened in a different order to the one shown on TV and anyone who listened to the podcasts knows the shtick about Karl being little Englander who's never been out of his comfort zone is bollocks as he was on holiday every other week from XFM but other than that it was all pretty legit.

>post about Pierre Woodman
>picture showing Karl with Suzanne

>KP: Nobody was really bothered about who I was, until I started producing the radio program
>RG: Was exposing yourself as a manc twat live-on-air part of your plan?
>KP: Uuuhhhhhhh, not really. I mean, you can't really help it, can you?
>RG: If I took away your features would you get all stroppy?
>KP: It would be a bit a rubbish
>RG: You're a bald guy
>KP: For you

Manc mong; head like an orange.

to be fair you aren't exposed to much novelty when you go on holiday to st. lucia and lanzagrotty
I think a lot of english people would have reacted like he did when he saw people eating duck fetuses and stuff

>mfw that fat-arse Suzanne said his hair looked stupid and he got rid of it

Destroying his confidence because the hair would have put him out of her league.

>that moment when karl and suzanne actually split up over the hair incident

Wonder if that was a really dark time for Karl or if he truly didnt give a fuck

Daring synthesis

>it's a Karl proves Ricky wrong episode

Wait what did Karl do to Robin?

He looked magnificent and so happy with it. I bet you anything Suzanne took one look at that picture he sent her and thought "fuck, he's gonna leave me".

I ought to take a look at his books. As for staged, I guess the phone calls and voicemails were staged but for the rest it looked legit. Did Karl really have no idea where he was going or what he was going to do each day?

Absolute madman. Manc twat. Bald fuck. Lunatick. A fucking idiot. HEAD LIKE A FUCKING ORANGE!

Wasn't Robin that guy over at Ricky's who Karl didn't like? I remember Karl talking about how he found him annoying and asking Ricky if Robin would be there that evening. Ricky lied and said no and as soon as Karl arrived and saw Robin he publicly said something like
>You told me he wasn't gonna be here, you know I don't like him, that I find him annoying
And then tried to leave. Very rude.

Last night I listened to the one where he proved him right twice, first the guy going to the doctors for an ear infection only for his balls to be taken off, then the Donna Eyre gorilla story.

Yeah that's him. These are great if you've never seen them

youtube.com/watch?v=LideSwXtEIk

youtube.com/watch?v=EQkZXGHDeog

Other than the lighthouse incident, what other times has he proven him wrong?

My favourite episodes are the ones where Karl comes out with something generally brilliant, like when he suggested giving homeless people clothes with adverts on them.

The more I learn about Ricky, the more I hate him.

He didn't seem arsed.

>high and dry
>high=smells

Ricky and the caller are retarded

The books are great. You get a proper insight into just how hard a time he was having. The calls are real but a few of his reactions to them probably had to be staged due to time zone differences etc. They weren't filming 24/7.

Is he the one with the big thumbs?

You're winding me up right? Are they really separated now?

will there ever be a podcast as comfy, lads?

I can vaguely remember that in that episode rick said that karl and robin actually got on quite well in the end

Oh fuck I remember watching those vids years ago. Ricky is such a cunt and a terrible friend. This whole weird power play he does with his "friends", knowing they can't complain or do anything because he's the one who got them work/famous.

He never got to prove Ricky wrong, but Karl's "What's Tomato With You" story wasn't bullshit

he looked good with hair lol.

this pissed me off too, tbqh.

nah back during the xfm days (in one of the later seasons I think) karl had an argument over suzanne's haircut and split up for a short amount of time. it had all been sorted out by the time they spoke about it again

what does she look like?

meant for:

high is used to describe something smelly in the UK

Because Robin was quite after that.

Pretty much every time in Educating Ricky.

The acid/lead plate one? Yeah now that you've come to mention it, there have been a few of Karl's stories that have turned out to be true, albeit in the exact same way Karl told them.

They didn't break up over it. He bought her a new coat as an apology and that was it.

Oh right. I thought you were talking about recent times. I thought you meant Karl's hair.
I was worried for a bit there. I don't think Karl can function on his own.

tfw no level headed and understanding gf

>mfw the "sausages inside the toaster" story

does suzanne actually exist? or was she a figment of karls imagination?

I'm still not convinced, just because there is zero proof of her existence. No interview, no photo of them together, no footage at all. Just that one photo of a blonde woman on her own who could be anyone

Because
>steve and karl living the comfy life
>smug fatty wants to make fun of karl and incite him against stephen for $$$

I'd tell him to fuck of as well

thoughts on idiot abroad 3?

Ricky's career is flooded with shit, but he's still got a career and he's a household name in the UK and the US. I'm sure he doesn't need a return to podcasts.

>steve and karl living the comfy life
Really? I know Karl's just happy doing his thing and he's got some money in the bank. No idea what Steve's doing these days except for random cameo appearances.

From what I remember it wasn't as good as the first two, partly because of the lack of chemistry between Karl and Warwick

It was a small disappointment. Warwick is insufferable.

I read Karl's AMA yesterday and it's pretty interesting stuff in case you haven't read it yet.

what about this?
>got a fat arse
>blonde
>looks like a member of the band Slade

shit forgot to post vid
youtube.com/watch?v=Gk6rtTLT1go

Fuck, I always thought that was just a pic and thought the woman was just a random passerby, but I never knew there was video footage. Could very well be her.

Here's a quick rundown on Karl Pilkington

>The BBC bows to him
>In contact with primates
>Possesess bullshit detection abilities
>Owns radio and telly globally
>Direct descendants of the ancient english royal blood line
>Will bankroll the first cities on Mars (Pilkinburg will be be the first city)
>Own 99% of jellyfish DNA editing research facilities on Earth
>First designer babies will in all likelihood be orangeheaded manc cunt babies
>said to have an IQ of 70, such intelligence on Earth has only existed deep in dirty council estates in Manchester

Neither Ricky, Karl, or Stephen are on good terms with each other anymore. So it's highly unlikely at this point.

90% sure that's not her. She's taller and more butch from what I remember seeing.

Have a little faith.

thats an office assistant

>Neither Ricky, Karl, or Stephen are on good terms with each other anymore
Source: your ass

DICKERS!

MORE butch? Jesus.

Hmm, I'm not sure. Karl's gone on record saying he doesn't keep in touch, but even if you put Ricky out of the equation, Karl's money is going to run out at some point. At the moment he's doing nothing, but he'll have to get work sooner or later. Whether that's a telly thing or just back to radio is another story. Personally, it feels like he's done with the telly and the attention.

Warwick can't take the bantz and it spoils the show. Still has it's moments tho.

This stuff is gold
>Q: In a age where literally everyone has a camera in their phones, how is it possible that no one has ever gotten a definitive picture of Suzanne out in public with you somewhere? Not saying she doesn't exist; it is just remarkable that not one picture has surfaced in 15 years.
>A: No one wants her picture.

That's a Sky employee.

I think this is Suzanne, of course her face is obscured. It is pretty crazy how there's no definitive pic

>What life lesson have you learnt that everyone should know?
>If you put your finger in and out of your ear it makes the sound that Pac Man makes when he's eating.

This one genuinely blew my mind.

The only known face pic of Suzanne

yeah your right, also heres a bit of her head lol

looks like dave hill from slade

So do you feel like Karl is just a funny bloke with interesting views and ideas, or would you say he's a modern day philosopher either intentional or not?

hes a relatively normal guy with a strange upbringing
salford is an odd place

youtube.com/watch?v=ZYdox4ctUlA

>piss on marble?

Honestly don't know, he's a bit of an enigma. But there are moments where I'm genuinely blown away by his look at life and how he makes sense of the world in a really profound way

The moon thing about the same side facing the earth

>unilad

Man moth?

I really got sick of Warwick crying and moaning all the time like a little spoiled kid.

hes half the man karl is

Been a while since I watched it but I thought I remember it was warwick who was interested in trying stuff and karl would bitch about shit all the time and never want to do anything.

>Karl's story about how they 'found' a vampire
>person who found the vampire blended its heart and drank it
>now he's in prison
>'if it wasn't dodgy stuff, why are they in prison?'

Karl was right about the North Pole/Desert choice

Warwick got really angry every time Karl didn't like the same things he did. The difference between them is that Karl doesn't try to nag or manipulate people to do stuff they don't like, while Warwick, if I remember correctly, cried like a little baby just because he had to climb a few stairs up to a temple for his own sake.

>Shitting out a Rugby Ball

I'll take the marble