Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pnaEUhfMUKQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZdCbaTXoVrk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Good stuff man.

Anubis was the last good thing to happen to SG1

Also... Prepare for the feminist reboot of Stargate
youtube.com/watch?v=pnaEUhfMUKQ

Watch how everything started thanks to a women and a closet faggot in the 30s who fought evil racist nazis to get the gate safely under Air Force control. Learn how Jack O'neil and Ernest Littlefield are not the first free Tau'ri to cross the gate.

it's on hulu

I thought episode 200 was amusing.

We need for feminism to fight Drumpf.

If only Carter were really that cute.

It's on Hulu. I caught a few eps as a kid and liked it, so I decided to watch it.

This show is so good it's not even funny. The humor, the lore the character development. Really opens my eyes to how modern tv is 90% trash.

its on hulu, but not widescreen. If I had to watch it like that I would kms. Only the newer DVDs for the full seasons are widescreen.

That's really unfortunate.

My only beef with this show is that the Goold were supposed to be despots who had survived for thousands of years and played a key role in shaping early human history, but the Goold we meet just don't have much gravity to them. Instead they are airheads who get killed off rapidly by the heroes.

I would not mind rewatching Stargate SG-1, it was really good.

I think that actually went good with the theme that goa'uld are just corrupt parasites. Keep in mind that although they did rule the galaxy for milenias they didn't actually advance anywhere. The tech is old and mostly stolen.
Anubis steam rolled through them like it was nothing.

I don't think the steamrolling really started until Ba'al took over during that short time when Anubis was defeated. Then he just came back.

I remember them whining at that meetup that they were losing battles to some new unknown enemy, but you maybe right.
Anyway he did get them all under his thumb in matter of couple years or so, maybe even less i don't recall the continuity that well.

Wait for the remake to get closer

Bra'tac mentions he only controlled a few worlds when he was trying to blow up the earth stargate. His first targets with the Kull warriors were minor goolds so he could absorb their forces.

I am worried they're gonna slop on the feminism hardcore.

Stargate doesn't need it, just look at Carter, Weir, Fraser, Teyla, etc. There was a single preachy line and it was in the pilot and was made fun of later on and retconned out of existence. The only episode that could remotely be described as sexist was probably Emancipation and one or two others.

The only person as useful on the show as Carter was Daniel and it was like 50/50. McKay was a genius but it was well-established that Carter was smarter than him.

>>suits deemed it not worthy of acquiring
It's because someone else acquired it.

Netflix seems to be wary of really long series' for some reason.

I thought about that too. Don't the Goa'uld get really senile and wacky from old age and the effects of the sarcophagus?

That's what happened to Yu.

somebody post that .webm of the trench run when the X-Wing fires the proton torpedo into Anubis's thermal exhaust port

>McKay was a genius but it was well-established that Carter was smarter than him

I thought it was the opposite : McKay being very smart and Carter being a genius. Meaning one can do complex reasoning better and the other can have ideas faster.

>X-Wing fires the proton torpedo
Jaffa, you just went full Shol'va

you might be right

seing Tea'lc smiling is kind of scary. Could you put a spoiler on next time ?

All the DVDs are widescreen.

>ywn have an HD collection with the good old intro

youtube.com/watch?v=ZdCbaTXoVrk

the 2010 re-releases are widescreen. The previous are not.

Universe was the only good thing to happen to the franchise. That show was incredible.

We will never know if the nazis send a man to Othalla to meet Thor...

They're the exact same, only the cover art is different.

>that episode when time becomes much slower in the facility
>that episode when Jack and Teal'C relives the same day over and over again

absolute top tier episodes

you're remembering incorrectly

Absolutely not.

So what was Daniel's question?

I have the new sets, they're literally the same discs as the old one, shitty menu and all

I want to know too !
REEEE

Call Joseph Malozzi

why the fuck did they not even tell him about the new show?

great shot, kid!

Have the writers never explained why Anubis didn't just get out there in his TIE fighter and blast O'Neill?

Did someone count how many wives had O'neil ? I'm sure he hasn't beat Kirk but comparing would be fun I guess.

indeed.jpg

>after a 6 years hiatus, Stargate returns to its famished fans in the shape of a couple of 10 minute low budget webisodes telling a completely pointless feminist spin on a prequel story that we already know and/or that is now bring retconned to hell and back

GOOLD?

That would have been He'rak's job.

What character should have played Beau Bridges ? If definitly doesn't fit as a general.

>tfw you will never see a President Hammond of Texas

let's make it a 16 year hiatus

He was so aggressive and seemed constantly pissed off. Like Hammond in the first season.

Why didn't he ever tell Scully about the goold?

JAFFA, REEEEEEEEE!!!

Beau Bridges should have been the president like he was in that one alt-reality episode

The new general should have been played by Peter Weller

only on season 6

did it ever explain why teal'c is able to talk the way he does? is he (the host) in control or is the symbiote? if the symbiote is then why doesn't he have that deep voice? I don't get it.

Ah yeah... """goold"""

Chief Mess

I thought he acted like a civilian, very unworthly of commanding men like a constant smug/grin and always hiding his intentions or wanting to appear as the one will all the cards.

That's why, I really liked his role as president in the alternate reality.

Why didn't he tell Agent Cooper about them?

The Jaffa and symbiote don't blend. Jaffa just incubate the symbiote in their pouch like a kangaroo, and it acts as their immune system and heals them.

he's Jaffa. Are you even watchin the show

Jaffa's Goa'uld symbiotes are babies and reside only in the pouch, they don't control the host whatsoever

The Goa'uld and Tok'ra you see live in people's brains and wrap around their spines. They control their hosts brains or co-habit them.

she was, in the earlier seasons

Why he didn't tell Janeway about the stargate ?

what episode was that in? I don't remember them saying it
yeah I'm on season 6 like I said u dingus
so the Jaffa can only take baby symbiotes? once they mature they go into a Goa'uld? and the host (Jaffa) that had the baby dies?

FRAN a cute

It's stuff sprinkled through the series. The Jaffa take a baby Goa'uld and put it in the pouch so it can mature in a safe environment. it also increased the success of a Goa'uld blending with a host. Once the symbiot is take from the Jaffa he gets a new baby one.

Someone post the jiggly stuff webm from SGU

They were wrong.

mate, you shouldnt be reading this thread tbqh. Teal'c loses his symbiote because he gets ambushed and it gets stolen from him. He then has to rely on synthetic powder

Here have some Destiny fighting drones.

7 years of buildup.
They didn't have shit when stargate started, but gradually, slowly, acquiring tech..
They pay of was pretty fucking good.
And then the whole
>no ammo
>let's fucking ram em!

ah I see. so without spoilers is that why master bratac is "dying"? he just can host a baby gou'ald anymore?
I haven't been reading the thread I just popped into to ask a question and when I'm done ill leave.

Reminder that the George fucking Hammond, the first 304 built from the ground up with all their Ancient and Asgard knowledge, lost to a few Ha'Taks run by some nobody pirates and smugglers.

Fuck the Lucian Alliance. And fuck SGU.

It effectively killed the franchise.
Although I enjoyed it somewhat.
Still SG-1 season 1-8 is the best.

Yeah something like that.

>master bratac is "dying"?
What?

Why didn't SGC equip their ships with stargates, and use the gates as a weapons platform

he guy is talking about an old episode

Because Stargates don't grow on trees.

yeah, at one point Jaffa gets too old to be able to carry symbiote.
Isn't it explained though? Like I think he actually says so in the same episode he says he is dying.
They usually even repeat everything for "O'Neil" while dumbing it down.

in season 6 he said he was gonna die for some reason I couldn't quite figure out why. But I guess it's because he can't host baby symbiotes anymore. I'll keep watching just wanted to know.

thanks guys

Man I really liked the Prometheus. The thing was the most advanced thing the earth had and it kept breaking down or getting btfo. It was great. Then the later ships came and eventually got upgraded to the point to where they were among the most powerful ships in the galaxy killing the underdog status.

Probably I must've blanked out. he was talking to carter about it in a hallway at sgc for like 2 minutes. I just don't remember him saying it.

Bullshit

It would need to be in orbit
The vortex only last for 38min

However if they manage to reproduce the replicator teleportation ray which power up the stargate or use a star or a black hole as an entry point it could last longer. As for the position, it would be interesting to see if they can "create" a new adress just based on their position in space.

> I'm sure he hasn't beat Kirk

Probably since Kirk's alleged womanizing is a meme and massively overstated.

The device that made Wraith ships explode but also stargates had a simple solution. Use a virus like Ba'al did so that the Stargate network gets fucked up and nobody can dial. Turn the device on, and then hunt down every Wraith hiveship in the galaxy as they're isolate and alone. Then turn the device off, and restore the stargate network.

That literally didn't happen.

Also what about just opening an intentionally unstable hyperspace window into or in the path of wraith ships

>That's why, I really liked his role as president in the alternate reality
That was a good episode. Beau really did the whole conniving douche role well. He probably would've been much better utilized as a foil instead of the boring fun grandpa he played, it really didn't fit as a General.

Not only did that happen, but the same random pirates and smugglers also somehow managed to find a planet with the right core and set up a way to dial the 9th Chevron when it took Earth years to do it with all their knowledge, engineers, scientists, and money.

God I fucking hated SGU.

Netflix has a shitty library.

> can "create" a new adress just based on their position in space
they can and they have to.
They treat them like coordinates.
They had to adjust for solar drift the cartooche they got from the temple of Ra, the first one they got.

Too bad they couldn't have powered it with a ZPM.

It's so fucking dumb how the Ancients ever lost. They can build a satellite that even with a little naquadah reactor can one shot a hive ship. Put a couple of those lasers in Atlantis FFS.

They got zerg rushed into oblivion

So you hate a show so much you literally make up fan fiction for it?

They decided to invests their resources into drone swarms instead of beam weapons

The Lucian Alliance copied SGC's work while Rush and co. had to pioneer the solution from scratch you utter retard

NUH UH YOU RETARD SGU SUCKS SGU SUCKS SGU SUCKS FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

Fuck off retard.

FUCK SGU AND FUCK YOU