There was not a single good fucking reason why terminater was send naked to past

There was not a single good fucking reason why terminater was send naked to past.

Wasn't it because they could only send organic matter or some nonsense and the new terminator's skin imitated humans close enough?

Maybe clothes couldn't be sent, just him. Or maybe it was so power expensive to use the time machine they eliminated any extra weight.

They don't wear clothes in the future

the plot called for it retard. kys

Is anyone else just incredibly bored with Sup Forums?

Every day it's the same old bait threads, the same old LARPing, the same old angry faggots trying to pick fights.

Sup Forums has a massive flaw that cannot be fixed. Baby tantrum behavior gets the most attention. People don't really want to talk about stuff, they just want attention, and that's primarily because most of Sup Forums's user base are computer addicted loners.

I can't remember the last time I had a good discussion on this board, or even had fun.

It's a male power fantasy, you idiot. Men like to see other men's muscles because it makes them feel all manly to pretend like they're the other guy.

So he can dress himself in the past. Pretty obvious.

Why not?

>not wanting to see Arnold naked

Boys, we got a faggot over here.

I specifically recall the movie going out of its way to explain why they had to be naked when going through the time warp but I can't remember what that explanation was.

they dont have leather in the future? skynet could make fucking loads of leather with all the humans it kills.

why would a robot from the future need clothes?

maybe the didn't want to bother trying to recreate 20th century fashion and knew that everything would be more authentic if T-800 just equipped himself on arrival.

Yep. Think it might finally be able to pack up and head to reddit. You should join me, good sir.

Hey, ho, let's go

>inb4 NiceNightForAWalk.webm

Get out. Sup Forums isn't for you. You're absolutelly right though.

>The board has become total shit
>Hurr durr but reddit
Yawn. Every time.

why didn't he just bring a weapon under his skin

Why not put a future gun inside a sack make of skin sewn onto their skin

>80s Arnie

Damn we was perfect.

to make the special effects cheaper. just people and real props for 90% of the film.

why not design an organic future gun to bring with him

We got to see Prime Arnold naked. There's your reason.

Sneed

I think there is a good reason for it, when Kyle Reese talks about the Time machine he mentions that he has no fucking idea how it works because he didn't build this shit, that tells us we can't take his word on how the time machine works.

My assumption would be they send them naked because on reentry in new time all the stuff that is on your body might melt together with you.

Now sending them naked
>avoids clothes burning into skin making the terminator look really odd
>avoids weapons melting to the terminator
same for humans.
You don't want a plasma rifle in the 40 watt range melt to your hands.

Try the other chans if 4 is getting boring for you.

What a boring pointless discussion about absolutely nothing.

You ever hear of something called WOOL? What about LINEN? Failing that, how about LEATHER?

Because it was nonsense about "can't send back inorganic matter", which is not only ridiculous, but is defeated by the simple fact that they send back a liquid metal Termie in T2.

Wouldn't his feet be sizzling if he was standing on red hot pavement? He probably wouldn't mind but did Kyle Reese get horribly burned when he went back?

Could only send back living tissue

There was not a single good fucking reason why guns couldn't be sent back in meat suites

Why is this topic making me so sleepy?

Dr. Silberman: Why didn't you bring any weapons, something more advanced? Don't you have, uh, ray guns? Show me a piece of future technology.
Kyle: You go naked. Something about the field generated by a living organism. Nothing dead will go.
Dr. Silberman: Why?
Kyle: [frustrated] I didn't build the fucking thing!
Dr. Silberman: Okay, okay. But this cyborg, if it's metal...
Kyle: Surrounded by living tissue!
Dr. Silberman: Oh, right, right. [pauses the interrogation tape] This is great stuff. I could make a career out of this guy! You see how clever this part is, how it doesn't require a shred of proof? Now, most paranoid delusions are intricate, but this is brilliant!

>Is anyone else just incredibly bored with Sup Forums?
Its summer, and also a pretty bad year for television and film in general.

Hair, fingernails, and teeth all say hi.

>I can't remember the last time I had a good discussion on this board, or even had fun.

the Mad Men Generals /sc&p/ were unironically the best threads i've ever seen on here, so many great discussions

why did Mad Men have to end, lads

This whole thing is really really gay.

>Kyle: [frustrated] I didn't build the fucking thing!
So whatever he said could be might as well bullshit.
Why is everyone taking Kyle Reese his explanation when he himself admitted that he had no idea?

so see
Makes actually most sense

I don't know they would send back 'future guns' with the Terminator. He was designed to infiltrate and assassinate, and if it weren't for the resistance managing to get a guy back too it would have been a really easy mission.

Now, you might have a case for sending back a nuclear bomb; however I think the reason against that is that it would have caused skynet to not develop or that especially radioactive elements can't do time travel.

Silberman is a wounderful character and the only thing good in T3

>Could only send back living tissue
T-1000 fucked this up though.

"Living" metal lmao

Have you guys ever seen The Fly (1986)? I Think it explains what would happen if Terminator took anything with him.

It means he is a bad ass. There's an entire book series (Richard Blade) where the main character is sent to another dimension butt naked and has to survive. It is like MacGyver, James Bond, and Sliders mixed. The main character is written to be a bad ass and landing butt naked somewhere new and surviving is part of that.

That is literally the point of the troll threads. It is to make all of Sup Forums unusable, but they only focus on a few of the faster boards.

>still taking Reeses word for it even tho he admitted not having any idea how it works
are you retarded?

The rule is you can probably only send 1 thing back in time and addittional shit needs to be send seperately

>especially radioactive elements can't do time travel.
>Terminator batteries can be turned into tatical nukes when punctured
It's better not to think too hard about the time travel rules of the terminator universe.
Its just a plot device to get killbots from the future into the past.

>Why didn't you bring any weapons, something more advanced?
If they somehow manage to find an excuse about it has to be alive it's blown away by T3 when T-X hid her weapon inside her arm

I mean T800 is a big guy he can dig a plasma gun out of his skin and muscles

Kyle's timebubble popped in mid-air and dropped him a couple feet onto the pavement, and even then he was clearly steaming a little.

Point automatically invalidated when the fly is an accident unknown to the computer and carrying a gun is something within the control of the computer

>has burnings on his back

so yup seems I was right here you can only send 1 piece

How awesome would it have been if he brought a giant futuristic gun covered in human skin back with him?

Thread immediately turns to shit.

Respond to good threads, write thoughtful posts, don't respond to bait/unnecessary negativity, contribute, and don't take everything super seriously. Be the user you want to interact with online.

>probably
You're literally arguing head cannon over direct exposition from the movie.
That scene is literally the screen writer saying to the audience "It doesn't matter HOW it works because this isn't a movie about inventing time travel. But you're sent back in a way that prevents you from bringing any physical evidence of your future origin so we can create dramatic tension as people assume hes a fucking lunatic."
That's how screenwriting works.

Is that a detail director paid attention to? Cool

T2 or T1?

Your picture is from T2. Hope that helps!

It's a film and James Cameron is a fucking hack.

>Baby tantrum behavior gets the most attention

Do you not live in the real world? This is always the case. Look at trump.

Why don't they surround the guns with living organism too?
You know, a meat gun.

>David Cronenberg's "The Terminator"
I'd watch it.

Why do you want to shoot meat at people?

>can only send something as 1 piece
>everything else you send will pop up at a random location and could be found by normal people and changing the timeline in some way

makes sense why they didn't send a gun covered in fleshsack

So what you're saying is the time machine you have can send anything back in time faggot?

That's just fucking wrong though you stupid cunt. It gives men something to strive towards, a goal of pushing your own psychical limitations to reach a physique close to Arnold's.

Admiration and working towards a goal is something women just can't understand.

You scabbed whore.

Nigga you really think skynet is gonna build a farm so they can process hides into leather? C'mon son.

try out r/television.
its better for retards like you

Try to imagine if you were sent back to the eighties to kil,l Donald Trump.
You think people would accept you wearing a snapback with skinny jeans and a rainbow flag tied around your arm?
No they'd be like "look at this fucking dork. I bet he doesn't even have a perm!"

You obviously weren't alive during the 80's.

The original is the better movie.
T2 is a fantastic effects spectacle and a lot of fun, but its really self indulgent.

t. millennial

A better question is why do you need those pew pew pew purple plasma guns in the future

They look exactly the same as the conventional guns. Their bullets fly slower. Their magazines are exactly the same. For bigger fire power you use the bigger gun on your pickup which is exactly the same as the .50cal.
The terminators don't need to be killed by new weapons. The humans even less so.

All future war scenes ever filmed can do without future guns

What part of me pointing out how totally wrong you are about a decade I was already an adult in makes you think I'm a millennial?

Dopey cunt.

And put the Alien guy in charge of the design

people say it's a meme but it's geniuinly a summer thing.

>Dr. Silberman: Why didn't you bring any weapons, something more advanced?
The whole reason they wrote that scene is because they used the purple pew pew guns in the future war scenes.

If they didn't use those there is nothing to explain and the whole "you can only send organism" shit doesn't have to be in the canon we have now.

Kinda make you want to go back in time to change things

>81 posts
>Not one picture of Arnie's meaty cock

>Have plasma guns
>Don't use them
Are you some kind of homo? Go watch terminator salvation, when they use regular guns. It's fucking boring visually and makes it look like a lame mad max rip off instead of the human resistance against the chrome skeleton of death robot uprising.

>he actually believes in the summer meme

to keep the budget down so they didn't have to do FX work for laser guns the entire movie

i miss the show so much

those are his war wounds

>he actually is the summer meme

Based Sneed poster

>We're already too far down the rabbit hole
>Sup Forums will always be about shitposting and pretending to be retarded for (you)s
>Actual discussion will always be less than 1% of the content
>It'll never change

just shut up please read what you are typing and see how wrong it is

this is the gayest shit I've ever read on here

>complaining they got one of the most beautiful men naked for a scene

Insecure much OP?

I pretty much only still come here to nitpick a decent obscure film or two. It's gone to complete shit and isn't even really good for that anymore.

>Baby tantrum behavior gets the most attention. People don't really want to talk about stuff, they just want attention, and that's primarily because most of Sup Forums's user base are computer addicted loners.
that's only true for fast boards, only clickbait threads get bumped
which is why /film/ has been requested so many times before, it's impossible to compete with clickbait

Maybe the whole thing with inorganic matter is the same reason the time portal tends to destroy the asphalt/fences/trucks in the films. Like, maybe time travel causes it to super heat or something, or displaces it.

They had plenty of humans.

The twitch power rangers stream generals were the most fun I've had on Sup Forums in years.