Wait so Pete Campbell's actor wasn't actually balding?

Wait so Pete Campbell's actor wasn't actually balding?

You can see the hair growing back in the pic on the left.

Why the fuck would an actor ever agree to this

yeah idk why he went along with it, it was just a way to make the character seem more pathetic

if they needed the character to be balding...

because he's a damn good actor

Because it's their fucking job to and they get paid to do so.

Matt Weiner said that Vincent Kartheiser was looking way too young for his age so he came up with the balding idea to make Pete look older and more pathetic

How could anyone watching that show think that it was his real hairline? he looked like a lollipop kid

Ryan Gosling's balding in Blue Valentine looks much more natural than this.

>follicle shaming

His hairline was really obviously shaved, don't even know why they bothered doing it.

Why not just give him a beard instead?

baldlet detected

>mfw this show is literally just about Weiner's pathological hatred and fear of goyim and jocks

>he came up with the balding idea to make Pete look older and more pathetic

Can confirm that this works, used to get ID'd at liquor stores but since I started balding nobody checks my ID and women don't talk to me

Someone like Pete Campbell in that time period would never wear a beard.

The actor looks super gay no matter how you look at it. Took me out of the show completely whenever he was on screen.

He's a boyish beta cuck, he was absolutely perfect for his role, especially all the scenes at the start where he tries to flirt or be assertive and just keeps getting shut down.

He has the look of a modern numale. I'm pretty sure people like that didn't exist at the time.

Sure they did, a pampered upper class guy like Pete, born right between wars, so that he was always either too young or too old to fight was absolutely a real type. Part of the comedy is how he always attempts to imitate Don, someone both proletarian and a warrior, something he absolutely is not.

He stole my waifu ;_;

Nah, man. I believe people like the guy genuinely couldn't grow up into this kind of look without the estrogen fueled modern diets and environmental factors. Shit's changed on a fundamental level

To be a major character on the most critically acclaimed television series of all time probably.

>He married her in real life
FUCK YOU TOO PETE

Nah, plenty of effeminate, underdeveloped beta geeks in that time period too, just search for group photos from Ivy league schools.

Pretty sure you would have to look at pre-agricultural/pastoralist (i.e. uncivilized) populations to find a population with zero feminized individuals.

Jesus Christ. You're such a fucking retard.

>that one asian nigga sliding in unnoticed

You're only proving me right. None of the dudes in the photo look as gay as campbell

You have autism, though I suppose that's because of the enviroment too isn't it?

Literally zero obese people. Would this even be possible in America today?

There's like eight Pete Cambells in that picture, nigger. Goddamn, you're dense

Zach Woods at top right. That guy fucks.

Nah campbell is way more effeminate, only the asian competes, but you know how asians are

>not wearing a neckbeard makes you feminine

kys fuckwad

Who are you quoting?

Must have been something your mom slurred while choking on his dick

Wouldn't doubt it considering I'm adopted anyway