Why do people like this guy so much? He is a scumbag buffoon

Why do people like this guy so much? He is a scumbag buffoon.

Buffoon yes but how is he a scumbag?

His actions derive from his want to be loved, but he is a complete asshole to the people he wants to be loved by.

Don't you want to be loved user?

Stop making Trump threads.

Yes but i use empathy to evaluate my actions before i act. Firing people for a gag to seem fun is horrible.

Because despite all the times he's an asshole, he often wants to do good. You hate him at first but then as it goes on you realize he's more deserving of pity than hate.

Remember when Steve Carell gained liked 30 pounds for the early episodes and then lost it and it was never mentioned again? That was kind of weird.

It was just a prank, relax. Pam liked it too.

he hates on fat people, unattractive people, plus he's racist
>gangster pumpkin

It seems like most of the times he was an asshole it was more because he is horribly socially akward and doesnt understand whats socially acceptable. They've made a point of showing that Micheal does feel bad when someone tells them they were offended by something he did.

And he hates toby. I will never understand this

>in the show
Because he's the boss

>in real life
Because he does funny things

I think the US version started missing the mark with making him sympathetic pretty early, there was never a moment I cheered for him like when Brent told Finchy to fuck off

How he became a boss?

He only feels bad because he wants to be loved and sees it as a failure. He doesn't think about the true consequences of his actions. He is a bad person.

Buffoon yes. Scumbag no.

Toby is the worst. That's why.

>I will never understand this
Because Toby is HR, meaning part of his job is to shut inappropriate shit, like what Michael does, down.

I have dropped it on the beginning of season 3, so i dont know how things turned on, but toby was a reasonable nice guy with a cute little daughter. Thats how i remember him

It was tried to do by every person in the office, except dwight. And then i dont understand why he didnt hate his boss jane before they hooked up, for instance

>jane
Considering (You) don't even know her name, I think you've confirmed your retardation at this point. I mean, there's a fucking talking head sequence where he outright says why he hates Toby. He hates Jan because she's a hard ass to him, hence why he claimed to call her Hillary Rodham Clinton, not to her face.

he's lovable as fuck

Also the fact that he was bald as hell.

He's a great salesman.

He's also been there forever.

First season Michael is goat. So much better when he was just mean and not a literal retard.

Jane/jan is the same for me, its hard to distinguish i hope its not forever. But ok, i see that im incompetent in this matter, coz ive never noticed his annoyance towards jan