Honest thoughts on this man?

Nice beard

literally more important than Walt Disney

Pedophile

One of the greats

Miyazaki is one of those directors alongside park chan wook and david fincher I would love to see do a straight ahead nonstop action movie ala hard boiled or fury road, although nausicaa, castle in the sky, and mononoke hime all come close. Miyazaki is just as brilliant at staging and directing action as michael mann or john woo.

Goodnight sweet prince :(

He's the jimmy savile of japan

>dude muh otaku lolicon
>Puts loli upskirt in his films

There's no one else quite like him. I really like his movies.

Your Name > anything by ghibli

overrated copycat

He has a talent for evoking emotion through his eye for beauty, in both scenery and people

>this shit is supposed to be the best anime can come up with

Fucking weebs never trusting them again.

Hosoda is close desu
Takahata is the true master though

I don't understand anime

nausicaa is like stuff happening... like what's the deal. do I care about these people...?

That's the first thing I thought when I saw those demonic reddish sunglasses.

However, some of the things he's been quoted as saying are very honorable.
Only time will tell.

Nowhere does it say that it's the best thing anime can come up with, and it has nothing to do with weebs.

And American movies don't have stuff happening in them? Really?

Anime is not a genre, it's a medium which is itself a subset of cinema. This reminds me of threads where people ask for movies like cowboy bebop or akira and get recommended sports anime and comedies. Or when people ask for asian films, as if there's something inherently different about asian directors lmao

>And American movies don't have stuff happening in them? Really?
I don't know what you mean or why you bring up american movies

I just don't care enough about some random townspeople or whatever for someone pointing a gun at them to be the entire point of the plot. bad guys are bad, ok, I get it, but why am I watching this?

Great animator, terrible storyteller.

I only watch good anime like Kappa Mikey.

>why am I watching this?
Judging by your understanding of the plot, you didn't.

I did forget it, of course. tell me what's interesting about the plot.

Maybe you should just watch it. And then stop equating it with all anime ever made.

Anime isn't a medium. It is literally just animation from Japan. Walt Disney, Ralph Bakshi, and Miyazaki work in the same medium of animation.

It isn't just animation from Japan, it has a number of qualities that set it apart from other animation in the world.

I did watch it. Did you also forget the plot?

You just said you forgot the plot.

yes.

he's a jewish soros-funded reddit cuck meme

ANIME WAS A MISTAKE
-HIDEO MIYAZAKI

Durr you're right, you get the idea though