Are there any anons here who speak a minority language

Also central/east asian, native American, or african tribal tongues

Other urls found in this thread:

de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolgadeutsche_Republik
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kedayan
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iban_language
vocaroo.com/i/s1Cz3qffAGWA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can speak a little bit of Ossetian but I've been meaning to actually get decent at it for some time now.
Gotta feel like I'm breaking off the shackles of slav oppression somehow.

Well, I speak Slovenian, which is an official minority language in Italy, Austria and Hungary. Slovene speakers have often faced persecution for speaking Slovene in modern history, most notably in Mussolini's Italy and during WWII, when the Germans, Italians and Hungarians all enacted separate plans to destroy Slovenian ethnic identity. Intimidation and discrimination of Slovene speakers in Italy and Austria continued into the early 21st century, but has abated in recent years.

Catalan is my mother tongue.

Basque

iranian-armenian dialect

Basque
I also taught myself some Croatian during my neet years

bump

Armenian

Well, I speak Italian, which is an official minority language in Slovenia and Romania. Italian speakers have often faced persecution for speaking Italian in modern history, most notably in Tito's Yugoslavia after WWII, when the Slovenes, Serbs and Croat all enacted separate plans to destroy Italian ethnic presence. Intimidation and discrimination of Italian speakers in Slovenia and Croatia continued into the early 21st century, but has abated in recent years.

fucking kek

Maltese counts right?

The thread was made for people who speak one of the smaller minority languages in their cunts, example
>Sorbian in Germany
and not really
>Russians who think they count because its spoken in Ukraine as a minority
but I need the bumps so yes, you count

No it doesn't then, Maltese is the major language of Malta. I thought you meant languages spoken by few people in general.

I should have made the terms clearer, sorry, in general I had a bad guideline
Uyghur has 10 million speakers but is greatly outnumbered by the Chinese, and doesn't have a country of its own
speaks armenian and his country borders armenia but how he's that far away from the border sort of counts
A slovenian in Slovenia wasn't what I pictured when making this thread, I just didn't want CHI's here

What's so funny? He's right

I speak Baltic Prussian

yeah i speak cree
The most spoken native langauge in canada
I post cree stuff quite abit

I speak a little of latgallian, not much though.

pakkoruotsi

Ah, no worries. Interesting thread nonetheless.

Latgallian is an interesting language as it varies from town to town rather significantly, it has mostly been left alone to develop. You go from town to town 5km away and they use different words in some circumstances. Also we have kurva as a swear because of polish influence. There are a lot of polish borrow words as well

Isnt that basically just plattdüütsch?

Baltic Prussian aka Baltic language that is nearly exting version and not German language is what I meant

The term you're looking for is "minoritized language" or maybe "minoritized language with not a lot of nativev speakers"

thanks

What happens here and why do they speak German?

Well, I speak Hungarian, which is an official minority language in Slovakia, Austria, Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia, Romania and Ukraine. Hungarian speakers have always faced persecution for speaking Hungarian in modern history, most notably in Ceausescu's Romania, or Czechslovakia with their Benes decrees and during WWII, when the Slovenes, Slovaks, Serbs, Ukrainians and Romanians all enacted separate plans to destroy Hungarian ethnic identity. Intimidation and discrimination of Hungarian speakers in Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia, Slovakia and Romania continued into the early 21st century, and hasn't abated in recent years.

They are greek.

I speak Tronder. We are an oppressed minority in Norway.

Descendants of Volga Germans who were moved around

Huh. Volga Germans. First time I heard about them.

de.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolgadeutsche_Republik

>First time I heard about them
wait really?

Yeah. Never learned about em in school. I bet most people haven't ever heard of them either. DESU most normies don't even know about the sorbs.

Volga German is a codeword for a regular Russian scumbag who faked his papers.

I speak Scots-Gaelic and semi-fluent in Italian/Neapolitan dialect due to being of Terroni.

I know a little bit of guaraní, nothing beyond that

>tfw Livonian language is basically dead.
You could've prevented it, you could have linguistical similarities with Estonians and us.

>france
>not a clusterfuck of colours

I am learning Khanty, Nenets, and Nganasan, and collecting and digitizing old unpublished recordings of Sayan Samoyedic. I am working to save anything that still survives from centuries of genocide

a 20 word difference isn't a new language.
Breton and Occitan should be there though

nem lehet kiirtani a magyar csótányot
1000 éves klub

also there's your answer OP

I'm not talking about patois. You forgot Corsica, another big one.

>unironically speaking a non-Indo-European language
it's like you don't even want to be white

oh yeah true

>it's still 1800
like everybody in France speaks French now, it's not like Italy or Spain anymore

>luxembourgish
>only french in france
retarded

Livonian wasn't spoken in my area, our people prevented their language from dying, sadly Livonians couldn't do the same

I'm not Welsh but I used to live in Gwynedd when I was younger and know how to say loads of shit in Welsh. I can read it somewhat but the spelling confuses the fuck out of me since I went school in England.

I speak Nagoya-ben.

おみゃ〜さん海老ふりゃ〜でも食っとりゃええだろ

Ig blir jälåk mę ig ser kartan. Wiso ir itşä mitt mål attrað um samiska ir det!? Ig legg um itşä swenska! Eð ir dalsk!

I am actually interested in learning the indigenous languages here

Nobody talks in Ireland in irish.

bump

ΘωΘ
οθο
ΩθΩ
do you mean as the americas as a whole in general, or just around your area

Just my region, specifically Kichwa

I say my region as in part of the continent, because here in the coastal region you don't see a lot of people who speak indigenous languages

Yeah, Aramaic is a good example of what you seem to be asking about.

>natively spoken in four countries, not officially taught or recognized in most of them
>speakers 'genocided' in WWI, never got compensation or a state unlike Jews and Armenians
>the West barely knew how many people/groups spoke it until at least 1960, even native speakers underestimate it (I think it's 3 million)
>very few monolingual speakers recently
>high illiteracy rate (in the native scripts)
>intimidation and discrimination of Syrian/Aramean speakers continued until the early 20th century, when it turned into outright burning of some of the largest towns speaking it like Qaraqosh and destruction of formerly Aramean-populated ruins in the desert by I.S.I.S.

Bump.

Occitan here.

Georgian

Lil bump

Kind of? I speak Swedish, but that's because Im from Sweden. I don't speak any of the minority languages there. But since I live in finland now, maybe I count. I dunno

Yay those Nepalese are so white.

Valenciano/Catalan here

You're kidding, Janez.
Slovene is now an official language in the EU, as the official language of a sovereign state.
Maybe it's a minority in the sense as if you take your bike from Ljubljana and ride as far as Kranj you'll hear another variety of slovene, but I think it's still slovene.

>Italy
>not a clusterfuck of colors
>not listing Italo-Dalmatian, Italo-Western, and Gallo-Italic languages with a couple Germanic ones thrown in for peak mutt

Yes I am.
Miriek language
miriek.nativeglot.com/?m=1
Kedayan language
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kedayan
Iban language
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iban_language
Some Melanau, Kayan, Kenyah as well.

I speak tatarian.

erzya here
i only know how to say "hi" "girl" and "blood" in my language. Blood is what my last name actually means

Rare

Is there any Welsh, Breton, Basque here?

Not that much.
Passive occitan comprehension is still a thing in southern France, speaking it is another thing.

I speak it pretty informally (I do not have any occitan grammar skill) but can still pronunce it easily, here is me trying to read a poem :
vocaroo.com/i/s1Cz3qffAGWA

We KILL those who Breton, Occitan, Alsatian, Corsican or Basque here.

Cornish

The minority shall assimilate into the majority.

Welsh here

This map is inaccurate

Say something in Welsh

This is just a dialect

>speaking Indo-European language

victim complex right there

Because it is the language of one language group with French. I can read and understand Ukrainian without problems. It's the same with other Slavic languages, but there needs a little more practice. When I was studying, the first task in the textbook of the Belarusian language was "compare three texts in Belarusian, Ukrainian and Russian".

(

What percentage of Welsh people can speak Welsh and do you teach it in school?

It's about 30% and yes they teach it in schools

Well, I speak Spanish, which is an official minority language in parts of the USA. Spanish speakers have often faced persecution for speaking Spanish in modern history, most notably in Wilson's America after WWI and later again after WW2, when the Democrats and Republicans enacted separate plans to destroy Hispanic ethnic presence. Intimidation and discrimination of Spanish speakers in California and Texas continued into the early 21st century, but has abated in recent years.

I speak Swabian, we are occupied and abused by germans for almost a hundred years now.
All sorts of seperatism are immediately replied with "muh constitution we war u" while the fucking krauts swarm us with refugees that are also against the constitution.

I speak Frisian

Yes. I speak belarussian.

Aromanian (Vlach) here, from Voskopoja

Is it any similar to Central Asian languages, Kypshack and what not?

Nenets? Is that the language Santa Claus speaks?

>Belarussian
>Uktainia

Meme languages bro

I speak Low-German

There are two major dialect groups that used to be spoken in Prussia, one of Saxon settlers that is Low-German and indeed Plattdüütsch, and one of Salzburgian settlers that is High-German and similar to Bavarian dialects. Baltic Prussian is extinct since a long time, so I don't know what that Lithuanian is talking about.
I'm Wolgagerman, most of them live in Schleswig-Holstein and most people know about them here.
They have probably for such a small region far away from the Altreich very many and very mixed dialects since they come from various regions into one village.
Nice butthurt, Wolgagermans are ethnic Germans, there is no doubt.

>it's the regional language american again
At least this time you posted a less meme map.

I was wondering, OP, what's the general opinion of native american languages in the US? Do they have any kind of prestige outside native communities?

>eixa sensació quan parles valencià
>la llengua superior
>les falles, els fartons i l'orxata

They help you get more free gib points and university places.

Es la mateixa llengua. Català/Valencià. No em siguis blavero.