m.youtube.com/watch?v=FuX5_OWObA0
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MytfhzcSF-Y
m.youtube.com/watch?v=q_5pzLvvt3Y
m.youtube.com/watch?v=nEyQ8Qs341g
youtube.com/watch?v=LJP1DphOWPs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

people BTFO

Which videos did you look up?

That's the point. It was just dumbasses with a camera back then and every YouTuber truly cared about his fans. All retards from every corner of the world posted their shit there and that's what made it good. It was a community.

>People call me on phone say new Sup Forums is kill
>look at old Sup Forums posts from last summer
>They're all fucking shit
Really makes you shine the old greasing pole....

Just because all the corporate products are on the front page doesn't mean there isn't a million faggots with 100 subscribers doing their own thing with sincerity.

I looked up the supposed "classics" but like I said, they're all fucking shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=KmtzQCSh6xk
>haha look at this fat guy dancing and singing along to this russian song xD

youtube.com/watch?v=1qN72LEQnaU
>haha look at these animated hamsters dancing along to this song xD

youtube.com/watch?v=J_DV9b0x7v4
>haha look at these anime girls dancing along to this song xD

youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ
>haha look at this cat playing this piano xD

Literally all cringeworthy shit that would appropriately be called reddit if it was posted today. I don't understand why people keep telling me that old YouTube videos were better, because it becomes apparent after watching a few that that's simply not true. The only other things that were interesting were some shitty notepad tutorials and some tranny crying about Britney Spears, and both had like 10 million views for some reason. Were people in the mid-2000's really this retarded?

they are doing it sincerely so long as their subscriber numbers continue a northward trek and their followers blindly give them money on patreon.

take away both and the sincerity goes away.

>Literally all cringeworthy shit that would appropriately be called reddit if it was posted today
But it wasnt posted today, it was posted back in 2006 when all of this was brand new. It was just cool to see videos from people just like you from all around the world. Its like if you were the first to make a vampire movie and then 50 years later some faggot watches it and complained about how its unoriginal and too much like the vampire movies out today. The internet felt a lot bigger back then, but I suppose thats hard for you to understand.

>But it wasnt posted today, it was posted back in 2006 when all of this was brand new.
And I'm sure it was just as cringe today as it was back then.

>It was just cool to see videos from people just like you from all around the world. Its like if you were the first to make a vampire movie and then 50 years later some faggot watches it and complained about how its unoriginal and too much like the vampire movies out today.
I guess I can understand that, but people saying that it was better simply because it was old are fucking dipshits. I guess I just needed to vent is all.

>The internet felt a lot bigger back then, but I suppose thats hard for you to understand.
What was it like before Facebook and Twitter took over? I hear stories but can never get a very clear answer as to why it was "better".

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FuX5_OWObA0

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MytfhzcSF-Y

m.youtube.com/watch?v=q_5pzLvvt3Y

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nEyQ8Qs341g

You're getting your info on vids from normies no doubt. What do you expect.

Blame EmpLemon
>videos that don't appeal to his taste
>spend an hour sperging over how great YouTube used to be as if it were an amusement park

It depends on how you look at it. From a viewer's perspective, YouTube is a lot better now because there is every niche you could think of covered and the production value is a lot higher, along with the fact that since YouTube is a job for a lot of people, you're guaranteed a lot of videos every week to watch.

From a creator's perspective, I would say it is worse. I made videos consistently from 2007 to 2015, so I can compare what it was like throughout the different time periods. Of course what I made in the beginning was dogshit, but it was the most fun because there wasn't really a high standard expected out of most people, so even receiving hate comments didn't mean much. The sense of community was really high because this was before the Partner Program, so everyone who uploaded did so only because they wanted to.

I started making money in 2011, back when it was relatively prestigious to be a YouTube Partner, so that was really nice. The community was great because the quality of content was high and it was more about fun than it is now because "YouTube Millionaires" were pretty far and few between.

I'd say around 2013 is when the site totally nosedived, because now everybody was just hopping onto trends like challenges, British vloggers, and gaming just to try and get rich. I don't know if Google Plus had anything to do with it, but so many people stopped commenting, personal messages were pretty much done away with, and the channel designs became lifeless.

Nowadays almost everyone is just trying to get rich and popular, rather than have genuine passion about it. The market is extremely oversaturated, which makes it very hard to stand out or get noticed. The site seems way too professional now, which has made the "homemade" feel of most videos get lost.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I don't see the logic at all when people say "Google buying YouTube ruined it", since even now, YouTube doesn't turn a profit, it definitely would've gone out of business.

EmpLemon is a fucking mistake, he is awful.
He should stick to his mediocore YTP's that got him famous

Anyone who ARGUES this is a nostalgia faggot that was born in 2000. Most GOAT videos were made around the golden age of the internet which is basically 2009-2011.

>inb4 B-BUT GOOGLE
google acquired YT in it's infancy and didn't force you to use a gmail or plus account til around 09.

>but YT poops XD
That's all that was relevant on there before 08/09.

>b-but Sup Forums HUMOR BEFORE THE NORMIES XD
Most of the chan culture was HERE in /f/ you fucking faggots.

dude dont talk shit about my Numa Numa

2010-2012 was definitely the peak of YouTube. It seemed to go to shit in early 2013.

Those videos were uploaded when you swam in your father's balls.

Yeah, I'm not saying they were masterpieces or anything but it was pretty neat at the time. Remember that before phones and tablets, browsing the internet effectively was more difficult, there were less normals. The interney was just more decentralized, people used a wider variety of websites. Smaller communites and whatnot. It wasnt as easy to navigate, but that made it more memorable. Kind of like how globalism has made communication and travel easier, but also has made the world feel smaller. If that makes sense.

It's honestly hard to describe but it felt more free and less terrible.
Like, for instance you never had someone force their political opinion down your throat through a damn myspace profile.

I started watching videos on YT in December 2005 and everything was way different. It was more like "hey check out this cool/funny shit" more so than "WATCH THIS AD LIKE SUBSCRIBE COMMENT BRO ARMY LOL SO RANDOM JUMP CUT" shit that it transformed into around 2009.

not to mention most cool videos made by popular channels just seem so phoned in and done for the $

The web was always shit, it ruined the internet for everybody.

>some tween acts like he isn't a ""normie"" because he used the web in the early 2000s
yeah wow that must have been really hard dialing up AOL faggot

You had a lot of "sub 4 sub" channels a bunch of people who cheated the system like Chris Crocker.

>>They're all fucking shit
NOPE!
youtube.com/watch?v=LJP1DphOWPs

Yeah, I know, it's from 2011