Why don't the Irish speak Irish?

Why don't the Irish speak Irish?

Why don't Americans speak American?

>Equating a New World country with an Old World one
I hate American posters too, but come on.

Because there is no such thing as an American language and most inhabitants of the US aren't native Americans.

Pic related and potato famine

An increasing number in Dublin are learning it.

Answer to both questions: The British

Ireland's had 100 years to do what Israel managed in 10 minutes.

But then, would you compare Jewish intelligence to Irelands?

i wonder why

Irish is a primitive language not capable of expressing the range of thoughts that modern life demands. in a linguistic free market, obscure and ineffective languages lose out.

>An increasing number in Dublin are learning it
what? it's always been a compulsory subject in all schools in the country

I think he's referring to the Gaelscoil. Almost every Irish person I've met has been indifferent to Irish or resentful towards it either from people they perceive as douchey making a big deal about it or the forcing of it in public education. The Gaelscoil, from what I know, seem to have made it seem somewhat prestigious and interesting because the schools themselves are considered quality education. I obviously don't know that much about it but if that's the case it's an interesting way of preserving minority and native languages

Oh right. Yeah that could be true. I can't remember exactly but I actually think Gaelscoil students get bonus points in their leaving cert for doing their papers in Irish, which is attracting more parents to send their kids there

They'd instantly be as irrelevant as poland if they did that.

Because it would more or less end their economy.

Seems a bit unfair...

Because the Normans conquered England. Everything good and bad that happened after 1066 was somehow caused by the Norman invasion.

This, it’s a bit of a phenomenon of how many people outside of the west can speak it fluently as a second language
Famine and deliberate attempts by the english to extinguish it.
It’s still mandatory in schools and an increasing number of the younger generation can speak gaeilge fairly well, just the way it’s taught is holding it back

>Spaniards on suicide watch

i wonder why

do you know anything of the Irish language?

Hebrew was completely dead and they managed to revive it
even the Welsh have done an amazing job resurrecting their language
idk why the Irish can't

gee I wonder

>getting cucked so hard that you forget how to speak your language
We were once on that path but somehow bounced back.

Id rather the official language of Korea were English rather than Korean so I don't have to bother learning English and other international languages. It's such a waste that koreans have to learn other foreign languages only for sake of Korean.

Because theyre white niggers, thats why.