Is this a typical result of what happens when idealist liberals with no executive or managerial experience try to put...

is this a typical result of what happens when idealist liberals with no executive or managerial experience try to put their ideas into practice?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Wdes0D1rL7E
youtu.be/60mLvBWOMb4
youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ZcbZihTn5qk
reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4zcsve/no_mans_sky_has_lost_90_of_its_players/
dereksmart.org/2016/06/star-citizen-fidelity-of-failure/
store.steampowered.com/app/383120
youtube.com/watch?v=vm9oFoEaZ6s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is that game any good? I was thinking about buying it tomorrow. but after reading reviews and now seeing this I might pass.

yes

It's Spore all over again

youtu.be/Wdes0D1rL7E

it's repetitive shit and will be $10 in a few weeks

dont buy it. it is complete and utter shit.

AVP: Colonial Marines has better character and story development.

Not really
This was literally the brainchild of one guy who liked tinkering with 3D rendering and world design
He worked on it for a couple years and got an idea going then Sony picked it up because they wanted exclusive console rights and it all went to shit.
He pretty much just wanted to create a space exploration game, everything else deviated from that.

It's shit. All you do is hop from planet to planet and sniff flowers.

It had so much potential though. They could've built a whole universe with vast amounts of lore, and multiple aliens species to discover and interact with. Maybe even create your own galactic empire with your friends.

But no. Instead we got an empty game.

it's basically a walking simulator in space

I don't think their political opinions were the problem. The problem was that sandbox games with no story, maps or logical structure lead to samey gameplay.

What was the difference between one planet and another in Spore? The color of the spice geysers. Every planet could be made into a tier 3 garden world, it just took a little bit of resources.

No man's sky has a bunch of random stuff in random locations and the normal survival resource grinding nobody enjoyed when it was new.

watch gameplay a video of it if you don't trust user. Its a shallow game.

That was a pretty shitty video

Is this a typical result of desu?
youtu.be/60mLvBWOMb4

youtube.com/watch?v=A8P2CZg3sJQ

They lied about nearly ever single feature of this game, are there any lawsuits?

I was looking forward to it but was hugely disappointed. Don't get it, complete waste of money. I played it for 2 hours on release day and haven't played it since. Boring and repetitive

The game is basically a tech demo. It's a proof of concept that you can procedurally generate a (nearly) infinite universe full of unique worlds/creatures/etc.

There really isn't much of a game though.

Just gonna skip this one. Thank, anons

And for anyone who just wants to explore a vast universe, just download fucking Space Engine. It's free and has WAY more potential than No Man's Sky ever did.

Most likely it's the result of Sony telling Sean to shill and lie as hard as he possibly can to justify charging $60 for what amounted to an early access indie game.

This game is pretty cool and its almost a simulator of american greed.

Go to new planets, some inhabited already, claim it for yourself. Mine and steal resources and sell them for a profit. Game is actually pretty great when you read between its libshit lines.

this

>They could've built a whole universe with vast amounts of lore, and multiple aliens species to discover and interact with. Maybe even create your own galactic empire with your friends.
They're a team of about a dozen people, so no, they couldn't. All the grunt work in this game is done entirely by algorithms and math, they simply don't have the manpower to do more.

I really enjoy it. HOWEVER

Sean (((Murray))) didn't deliver on things he said he would.

This could be one of three things

1. it was blatant fraud in an attempt to hype the game (not likely)

2. They found that the items that they promised, were put in, but found to be too much, or hampered the game in some way (possible)

or 3. Their 15 man team just didn't have the time necessary to implement all the promises (this one)

I do think more stuff will be added in future updates like minecraft constantly has

Some of the planets are beautiful, some look shitty, but seriously, what more can you ask from a 15 man team.

Also, I think this was intended as an indy release but the hype got to astronomical levels and sony had to step in, which may have changed the development process too

I'm not sure what a mediocre indie game has to do with any of that shit you spewed.
Don't buy it. Find a working torrent. If you think the developer deserves it, buy it.

1. walk around
2. harvest bullshit
3. upgrade your shitty little laser gun and ship
4. repeat ad infinitum

>what is raising capital
>what is kickstarter
>what is hiring more team members with money raised

>but seriously, what more can you ask from a 15 man team.

Didn't ask, was told by that 15 man team what to expect

They did not deliver

Scammed by another jew

Yeah. It's good. They fucked up on a few things, but the game is about exploration, which is exactly what I wanted. Anyone who expected more is an idiot. Most people probably won't like it, but it's not made for most people.

Even the majority of people who would like should probably wait for the price to drop, however.

I know, I'm not really defending them, I'm just telling you what probably happened and their situation.

I paid full price for it, and I highly enjoy it. It's a nice escape from Sup Forums I've been balls deep in redpill lately and that's my only escape from this hell

Spore was not unplayable, you could even put hundred of hours wiping out the Grox, people were having fun until the cut content was revealed. NMS is 5 hours of fun at most.

17 hours in, and still having fun.

You know what's a fun fucking game to dump hundreds of hours into though? Fucking Mount and Blade. Looking forward to Bannerlord...

5 hours? You're being far too generous.

I played 2 hours and I was bored as piss.

It's a 60 dollar tech demo.

It's actually be fairly good to have the non-grindy stuff from this game implemented within a larger game, just as atmosphere and fluff. For example, a mass effect game where there are the hand-crafted main worlds as usual, but then also side quests that are on procedurally generated landscapes that you can fly across in the galaxy. Basically the sandbox worlds from Mass Effect 1, but better.

But yeah, they'd ONLY be good as fluff. They're devoid of content on their own.

Would you give them money?

They tried to jam as many nu-males as possible into one photo.

If it gets patched so it's playable and gets a little more content I'll probably buy if for $10 dollars in six months.

The concept isn't bad, it's just fly around land on planets and build shit. I actually would like to do that.

I think the only thing they need is some sort of building aspect to the game. That's what their missing. After you max out all your tech and inventory slots, what's the point?

Minecraft did it well, it's a pointless game, but the building is what's fun

Its like a bad version of mine craft, nice graphics but.
A disappointment.

There's no actual building in the game.

All men, no women, all white. Haven't given into PC yet.

yes, and I already did

Not yet. They already said in an official press release that they would add basebuilding into the game

What will Star Citizen be?

Fuck that then, I assumed best case was this game ends up as minecraft but with better graphics.

NMS and Spore combined would have made for an interesting game. Use the Spore engine to populate the planets instead of the random shit they've sprinkled in instead and you'd have exploration that is at least somewhat interesting.

I'm just saying...user doesn't need to be shocked if he plays it before the building aspect is added.

I personally believe the game would benefit from actual weapons instead of just that little laser thing.

>a walking on planet simulator

there is no space. travel between planets is a loading screen.

No, this is what happens when Sony starts to push a no name indie generate hype for their system.

Small no bane can never live up to what they want much less the fans and Sony just walks away after it turns to shit having gained console sales with hype and getting no backlash for the game being shit.

Procedurally generated anything is pure garbage. There's no true creativity.

That's also why Morrowind is much better than later TES games. Not procedurally generated.

This is what happens when you promise AAA quality with a low budget and only 15 people.

If it weren't for the jew tactic of blatantly lying about things that weren't even partly in the game, it might not have gotten such backlash.

because twitter posts and blog interviews are not legally binding.

What is that?

Throw in some space raiders trying to steal your loot from your base.

Basically what we're getting at is Fallout 4's building mode in space.

those are weirder creatures than you will find in the "game."

Morrowind won my heart with its memorable world and characters, such as the skooma junkie and the talking mudcrab.

Deus vult brother.

Have you played the sands of faith mod? It's excellent

>people actually bought this 'game'

>That's also why Morrowind is much better than later TES games.

This, every square inch of that game was handmade.

Except you can do more shit in spore than in this game. Not saying that spore was good but that is saying something

in development.

I'm still fucking salty about not being able to use a spear in any of the Elder Scrolls games after Morrowind.

Also mark/recall spells.

No, that would result in the game not being finished.

hey oblivion was good, skyrim was shit tier though

They added a lot of little things that made Morrowind feel more alive, the strategically placed inns if you we're hardcore roleplaying for example.

Yeah, they toned everything down and removed so much in the later TES games.

I'm a huge astronomy autist, I love space exploration games but I hated NMS. It gets old really fast. Mindnumbingly boring.

Oblivion had really good direction for the quests. Direction as in movie directors. The world and gameplay was bland as fuck, though.

Skyrim was just... so fucking mainstream. So boring and shallow.

>The problem was that sandbox games with no story, maps or logical structure lead to samey gameplay.
Minecraft is the perfect example of why that is not true. It is a sand box game with procedurally generated space and yet there are still thousands of players that still play that game to this day and we arent even talking about the mods.

do you know, I heard "Witcher 3" was good, and now even it is pozzed:
>suggestions ceri is a dyke
>a faggot character
>lots of "muh strong womenz."

We fucking lost #gamergate, Anita and her crew won and most of us are still fucking buying games.
Witcher 3 is hard to call 100% pozzed since they changed the outfits on al the female characters after the jews got their first reviews in to where all are half naked (at least the sorceresses Geralt fucks).

Which TES games where proc gen? Also TES got shit because Beth kept watering it down. It peaked at oblivion imho, just enough depth to offer a challenging and interesting experience, Skyrim was COD for LARPers.

Also No Mans Sky is pretty damn good, especially with the low flight mod. Its not all they promised and thats dissapointing but very few games are as advertised these days. If i put as much time in to it as I already have then its pretty good value.

The best synopsis of this garbage game i found on plebbit
reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/4zcsve/no_mans_sky_has_lost_90_of_its_players/
Scroll down to rationalcomments' post, he nails it.

It could have gone another way. Elite: Dangerous was the same premise of procedurally generated content that ended up being pretty good.

agreed, and the voice actors are great in oblivion. skyrim was just "enter dungeon, beat dungeon, beat easy boss, shortcut to entrance, rinse repeat". all the questlines felt extremely bland. black hand and theives guild quests in oblivion were infinitely better and more varied.

What did you think of Morrowind?

Skyrim got some things right, the combat system was much improved and going in the right direction to be better in the future.

But they missed great opportunities to tie the civil war in with the main quest and expand both. Really they just need to get away from locking us into mythical hero roles.

>Haven't given into PC yet

You're going to be horrendously sad once you realize that white and male are the most common things you can use to describe SJWs

>Leftists claim they are building a utopia of infinite possibilities.
>Final product is a pointless grind defined by meaningless toil which doesn't allow you to connect with others on a social level.

It is pretty much a perfect metaphor for every leftist regime.

Problem is that when marketed the game, everyone thought it was going to be a cozy exploration game with dogfights and shit. Then its revealed that its a survival game with a poor resource menu and horrible dogfights in space.

The biggest thing though was when Murray thought that someone was actually being serious when they said they encountered another player in the game, which Murray said before was slim to none. He of course hyped this up, but apparently forgot to look into the fact that the person said that, while he "saw" another player, they couldn't' even see each other

they are both really good with mods

That's why I like Eve Online. You can make yourself into a great warlord, but the world treats you like a common piece of shit if you play like a common piece of shit.

Elite is fucking boring and empty.

Eve's problem is that you're either forced to team up with Reddit or SA. You literally cannot be independent because everyone will just come after you non stop

how hard is eve online to get into? it's massive. and how much money do you have to spend, realistically?

Witcher 3 as a game is god-tier, so I was able to look past it. And Geralt's a womanizing alpha who fucks some beautiful women.

Also, CDPR had a good sense of humor about the cross-dressing elf in Dandelion's questline. It was pure comic relief.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is MUCH more blue-pilled and pc than Witcher.

Spore actually had customization options for almost every entity on the planet. The transitions in the evolution stage also made sure you didn't get bored doing the same damn thing over and over. No Man's Sky is bland compared to a game that came out almost a decade ago.

You need to play some planetside 2 and learn to fend for yourself.

Pure fucking garbage. If even Derek Smart manages to expose you as a massive fraud, you know you're forever fucked.

dereksmart.org/2016/06/star-citizen-fidelity-of-failure/

Its cool for 4 hours maybe 5

I haven't, no. I haven't played much of it in about a year, but the want is building up in me again. I go back to it occasionally. That and STALKER.

I didn't say it was good, just better than No Man's Sky.

Better buy this store.steampowered.com/app/383120

>all the boring stuff that takes time is automated
>they still didn't have the time or the people to make the game actually fun

It's not worth $60

People have spent thousands of dollars in that game. In fact one guy spent over $11,000 on a ship, only for it to get destroyed.

youtube.com/watch?v=vm9oFoEaZ6s

EVE Online has existed for 13 years, why are fags still trying to create deep games when EVE has it all?

This.

It's basically a lesser minecraft with the ability to space pirate. I've been pirating hard in that game. If the ships looked cooler I'd probably be more about it.

It's an okay game. I'd give it a 6.3/10

It's not better by much.

A master piece and milestone in gaming

From all I've read about it, it seems to be like "Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode" in 3D, but with, like, not even a tenth of the "content" of the later. Would that be an accurate description?

Elite Dangerous is 500x better.