Why dont this part of the US makes Spanish the official language? Like Canada where in Quebec...

Why dont this part of the US makes Spanish the official language? Like Canada where in Quebec, French is the first language and also it will make americans bilingual

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8V5er8s92WQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_for_the_Development_of_French_in_Louisiana
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

America doesn't have any official languages, and it never should

The US doesn't even list English as an official language, so no.

Fuck off you disgusting Spanish Amerindian mutt. You will never get your stupid fucking old borders back

There isn't a cultural pressure. Quebec is French because it was founded as French colonh and chooses to live that history. They and kids born there care that it's French. Mexican-Americans literally don't care and speak broken at best Spanish, if at all.

It is in New Mexico iirc

Because the sociolinguistic situation and history between those places and Quebec is very different. And Spanish is semi-official in New Mexico already (where it makes sense to make it fully official like English or like French in Quebec).

youtube.com/watch?v=8V5er8s92WQ

but the states do have an official languages isn't it

How about these borders?

It doesn't really matter if the country or the states have laws making a language official, English is still the de facto official language of the United States and all of the states of the union, the only exceptions are New Mexico where Spanish has a kind of special status and Hawaii where English and Hawaiian are both official.

Yes, half the states OP circled have English as their language.

I don't really think it would make (non-Hispanic) Americans bilingual, at best, it would just help preserve the language among Mexicans and other Hispanics.

In Quebec the vast majority speaks French (and a lot of them don't even speak English) cause they have very autistic language laws. I doubt writing down laws like making it obligatory for all businesses to offer services in Spanish would go down well with non-Hispanic people.

>it doesn't really matter
>but nm and hawaii have non-english languages as co-official
Ok

Utah dont have that many hispanics and their taco shop still speak english

CO here, please don't include us with the rest of the spic/methbelt, thanks

Colorado is like 20% Hispanic

In Hawaii the de facto official languages are English and Hawaiian, in New Mexico the de facto official language is English but some New Mexico laws grant Spanish a semi-official language de facto, in the rest of the states of the United States the only de facto official language is English, they can make laws making English the de jure official language but that is not going to change the fact that English is and was already the de facto official language all along.

This, Utah and Colorado are the parts of Aztlam that are still white. Colorado is becoming more brown, but that's mostly because of Californian CHI's that can barely even speak Spanish anyway.

>colorado
>literally spanish word for colourful
El goblino...

kys

CHIs are barely fluent in either language so it's best not to complicate things.

@86613538
dont reply to me faggot

As someone living in Salt Lake: tengo malas noticias para ti

kys

rip

How did they get to you?

why don't you go chop off your head OP

so is basically everywhere on the map

Not really

this thread reeks of disgusting CHI's and dirty beaners. I'm out

It means red, it's not coloreado

Because we speak English and if you want to live here you better speak it. Spics have to go back that is white anglophone American clay

I want fewer spics in my country not more

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Council_for_the_Development_of_French_in_Louisiana

Louisiana has a special treatment for french and government agencies devoted to protecting cajun french.

Not good enough

What??? In New Mexico you could make it an official language alongside English in a ceremonial sense but that's still questionable. Like many others have said the cultural presence isn't there.