What's the Ys of television and film?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=doA8EU8yYgg
pitchfork.com/news/joanna-newsom-and-andy-samberg-welcome-first-child/
youtube.com/watch?v=Li58voy6xXM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nothing comes close friend. Ys is simply too good

There isn't one. Joanna Newsom is unique

Ys is unironically my favorite album of all time, Sup Forums drones will never understand the purity of Joanna

in terms of feeling antiquated but transcendent I would say 'The Witch' even though the film and album are completely different on every other level. Honestly I don't think there's anything in film/television like Ys. It evokes a whole bunch of different times and realities and places that there aren't any other albums similar to this one (probably except Divers).

The upcoming Shannara Chronicles series.

Sup Forums likes Joanna

Joanna truly is the most important musician of the 21st century thus far. Kind of makes me wonder what I'm doing with my life.

daily reminder she's married to Andy fucking Samberg

years ago when i unironically browsed Sup Forums they hated her because she sounded like a 'dying cat lady'/'lisa simpson on crack', literally every thread was full of plebs who couldn't understand the appeal outside of her having a fat ass. maybe her new album got dicksucked on p4k so they're into her idk, board sucks and is full of literal children.

Excluding bands, it's a three way between her, Sufjan and Bjork.

Reminder that folk its the gayest and safer music genre ever

Something really obnoxious that evokes annoying screeching maybe a Noah baumbach flick

Apparently, they both know of each other before they met, Andy liked her music and Joanna saw Andy in the "Just 2 Guyz" videos where he plays Steve, who always gets called a cunt in the song. When they met, the first thing she said to him was "Hey! You're Steve the cunt!"

youtube.com/watch?v=doA8EU8yYgg

apparently they just had a daughter, seems like she wants to keep the whole thing private though.

I forgot to link.

pitchfork.com/news/joanna-newsom-and-andy-samberg-welcome-first-child/

thank you, i despise modern music trends because they all subtlety encourage non-action and passivity

everything millienials listen to and praise is all about strengthening the status quo and awaiting your own death

anything with
>chill
>folk
>post
>core
in the name is something to be avoided

Elaborate on this line of thought.

EDM yes, but everything you mentioned is probably wrong.

Willow

>'dying cat lady'/'lisa simpson on crack'
This was just ironic shitposting
>maybe her new album got dicksucked on p4k
p4k gave Ys a 9.4 and bnm what are you talking about?

I remember mu highly praised Divers when it came out, only a couple shitposters during then.

Am I being memed about people enjoying this?

nyet

go back to listening to lordes new album you fucking frog

Drowning by Numbers

It's legitimately great

no? i love Ys

Unironically a masterpiece.

Well I don't understand what the fuck you're doing but I'm glad you guys are having fun.

Serious question: what do you usually listen to?

>asks if people actually like the album
>they respond that they do
>he still thinks it's a meme

Go to bed listening to The Eagles grandpa no one gives a fuck about your outdated YouTube comment tier opinion
>Le like this if you'd rather listen to Iron Maiden than Miley Cyrus

>not liking The Eagles
get out of my cab desu

What kind of faggatron maximus would not prefer Iron Maiden to Miley Cirus?

youtube.com/watch?v=Li58voy6xXM

the TLDR of it all is probably PC culture, none of the supposed "cream of the crop" of the last decade or so is anything but hollow "homages" that are sonically sanitized, politically neutral or leans towards the establishment

no ambition, none of these genres will produce truly memorable or impressive works because they are designed from the ground-up to be as middlebrow as possible, but with a faux artsy and calculated image(think Grimes) and a focus on impressionistic moods over inspiring melodies, coming off as "legitimate" instead of really blowing your hair back and adding color to your life, such artists only serve as jumping off points for "journalists" to praise their meek and milquetoasty subversions of genre staples

the end result of listening to such works is a numale sitting on his computer chair with a blank expression on his face and a safe feeling, knowing what he's listening to is thought of as high-quality art when in reality he is tricked into passivity and a desire to praise a well-crafted but meaninless piece of estrogenic agitprop

you've got a huge cock pal

>perfect talented white fairytale princess QT that wasn't allowed to watch TV growing up and only read books, wrote poems and made music for entertainment
>marries an unfunny TV comedian Jew
THEY CANT KEEP FETTING AWAY WITH IT

It reminds me of Fanny and Alexander, but probably only because Ys is my favourite album of all time, while Fanny and Alexander is my favourite film.

Give examples, specify what about them makes you feel that way, then provide a counter-example.
I'm genuinely interested in this.

I don't know about the whole thread, but Monkey&Bear = La Strada

Prove me wrong, I'll be here all day

i honestly don't have any counter examples, i don't think any contemporary music is very special or worthy of the type of praise people give it

im sorry for even saying anything at all, i just hate numales so much and all the shitty transparent smelly waifus getting their proverbial dicks sucked by the media

some numale mumblecore like Girls

If you felt the same way about film as you do music you'd be watching Paul Blart and Transformers. That is how embarrassingly bad your taste is.

I feel like I somewhat understand what you're trying to say, but without concrete musical examples it's quite vague. Who are some artists who think typify this?

t. underage """"rebel"""

just an ignorant special snowflake who has no idea what's he talking about

All of the music that's gets pushed to the front is like less than a fraction of a percent of the entire contemporary music scene. There's a lot of cool shit going on if you care enough to find it (which is extremely easy nowadays).

Chino Amobi, Clarence Clarity, Jenny Hval, Zeal and Ardor, Matmos, Graham Lambkin, and Aaron Dilloway are all doing really interesting stuff (IMO).

what's the "art angels" of television and film?

Listen to monkey and bear, man.. And look read the lyrics with it... Shit's amazing

Dub anime

Also, a few releases off of the No Rent Record bandcamp (deals in experimental music) are freely available to download (and stream). Samantha Glass - Introducing The Confession is pretty cool.

Nah, Sufjan is hit and miss, he has released some mediocre stuff, same with Björk, although her importance and influence overall is undeniable.

Joanna Newsom however, is no doubt the most gifted song writer of our time.

Bump

>i don't think any contemporary music is very special or worthy of the type of praise people give it

Change the word music to film if you want to realise how retarded you sound right now.

film/music/etc

the quality of art and culture has nosedive after 2007

In 2007 they said the same thing about 2000.
In 2000 they said the same thing about 1993.
In 400 B.C. they said the same thing about 407 B.C.

whats the 36 chambers of television and film

36th Chamber of Shaolin.

I BELIEVE IN YOUUUUU
DO YOUU BELIEVE IN ME?

I'd normally ignore people who bitch about PC culture, but I just realised that there hasn't been a moral panic about pop music since Marilyn Manson in 90's. Not that edgyness is a good thing, but it does suggest that music has gotten safer in the last 20 years.

There wasn't a moral panic over Miley Cyrus foam fingering herself?

WHAT DO YOU WANT ME TO DO
ARE WE LEAVING THE CITY?