Inb4 they turn his show into some kind of anti-war gun control allegory

Inb4 they turn his show into some kind of anti-war gun control allegory

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=stgyyXBHEA4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>anti-war gun control allegory

.....But that's been the Punisher forever?

Not really.

It's a Netflix show.
There will also be messages against the white privilege.

I'd be more concerned about them turning this into another boring shitfest like the last few shows

Punisher is a character with no depth and you can't take the character anywhere. The best comics he's stared in have either been in a team setting or have been told from the perspective of the villain. All of his solo runs are terrible even when given a gimmick like being an angelic heaven warrior or Frankensteins monster.

With the back story already told in Daredevil there really isn't anywhere else to go. I strongly doubt this series will be good. Hopefully they show restraint and don't force 13 episodes out of this.

Who do you think he will go after?

>Anti-Islamic terrorists
>Libertarian gun smugglers
>Homophobic Thugs

Conspicuously absent?

>pedophiles
>drug dealers

Maybe they'll make up a story for him and scrap the comics completely

Punisher Max was great and he has plenty of depth. The Punisher has plenty of depth unlike all the other black/white comics. You just lived a sheltered life and don't understand how shitty the real world or how tragedy can give someone a cause

Quality of the show all depends on which writers Punisher they are going to channel.

It could be mindblowingly fun but it probably won't since muh racism.

>Punisher Max
Will never happen, too unsafe.

Yes it is you dumb fuck. I laugh every time I see retarded gun toting conservatives with a Punisher bumper sticker on their pick up truck. Might as well have a sticker that says "I'm too retarded to understand obvious satire and have awful reading comprehension. Also I'm an edgy over compensating faggot". Same goes for Judge Dredd "fans".

I want Sup Forums to leave.
It doesn't even exist yet and you're already mad at it.

>It doesn't even exist yet and you're already mad at it.

youtube.com/watch?v=stgyyXBHEA4

Becky Cloonan's current Punisher run barely uses guns to kill people anymore.

>One of the things I like about the X-Men is they're not killing people. I miss the idea of... heroes who stop that kind of thing from happening. Here's why I'm not running Marvel: If I was, I would kill the Punisher. I don't believe in what he does. The Punisher just shoots up places. And if you're telling me he's never hit an innocent, then I'm telling you, that's fascist crap.

Judge Dredd is satire.

The Punisher isn't. It's just dumb.

He killed both on Daredevil.

The absolute worst is the American flag Punisher skull. Which is multiple extra levels of retardation.

Netflix pushes a left wing agenda. There's no conspiracy or reaching here.

The killing isn't the problem with punisher. Weird post on your end.

>Yes it is you dumb fuck.
I haven't read any punisher but from what I've gathered here and there he uses guns to solve problems the state is unable to do, how is that anti-gun?

Not shitposting just curious about the sourcematerial.

Not even close.

>I haven't read any punisher
lmao sweetie, fuck off

If ANYTHING, Punisher raises awareness for PTSD and other disorders the affects of war can lead to. But for the most part he's just Marvel's guntoting R-rated badass

i hate it because bernthals a hack who portrays the same fucking character in every role. hes just phoning in shane from twd, and i have to listen to redditfags praise it as if it was good

It's a quoute of Joss Whedon

Punisher isn't satire you retarded pseudo-intellectual. If anything he proves that permanently eliminating criminals actually stops crime.

>I laugh every time I see retarded gun toting conservatives with a Punisher bumper sticker on their pick up truck.
Joke's on you because you're the retard who thought the Punisher ever pushed an anti-gun message.

After the whole "even though your parents died horribly and you were raised as an only white among magical asian monks and you had to fight for your life you are privileged."
Cage rant it there is no questioning netflixs political leanings.

>The Punisher isn't
He potrayed as miserable old man with a fucked up life in Max comics.

You're on the right track. Punisher isn't an anti-gun symbol. He's mainly used to clash with heroes who have a "no killing policy," which makes for a lot of interesting team-ups and versus fights

Yeah, and it's not satire.

It's just dumb, like Death Wish.

I like it, but it's not satire and doesn't have depth. It's dumb, fun, violence.

Imagine if the show featured Barracuda as the antagonist.

>thinking punisher has a subtext unironically
It s just aa comic book you bunch of retard lmao.
But yeah he is litteraly in essence the personification of the american spirit he takes gun to resolve shit a corrupted government wont.
But then i dont read comics because i m past 12 and have only seen him in that old ass movie

Cage was referring to the wealth of the Rand name, not Danny's skin color. I did find Luke defending that thug to be really ridiculous though.

He's not anti-gun, it's not satire. It's crude, dumb fun. He's capeshit Death Wish.

Imagine if they used The Slavers arc to redpill american "feminists"

>Yes it is you dumb fuck. I laugh every time I see retarded gun toting conservatives with a Punisher bumper sticker on their pick up truck. Might as well have a sticker that says "I'm too retarded to understand obvious satire and have awful reading comprehension. Also I'm an edgy over compensating faggot". Same goes for Judge Dredd "fans".
You sound like a fag with a serious chip on his shoulder. Do the big bad conservatives scare you with their big guns? Do you pretend to understand what the Punisher stories are to make yourself feel better?

The punisher max had so much depth. Punisher has had just as many attempts as Spider-Man. I just want it to succeed.

>inb4 one of the main vilain is a fascist
>inb4 he kill them while saying something like it s not violence if it targets nazis
Or
>on a totally unrelated mission he comes across young white supremacist young men
>he kills them for comedic relief even though they are obviously young fools and harmless.

Wtf, I love the punisher

Imagining Jon Bernthal in the Punisher getup saying "Drumpf" in any context makes me kek

>white supremacist
>harmless

lol you believe that? really? punisher even says multiple times that he does nothing, that there will always be some new thug or dealer on the street, no matter how many he kills. His entire character exists because he has nothing left to live for and he wants revenge on those he deems "evil". not because he thinks he's gonna clean up the streets for good.
the character has honestly never had the strongest reasoning. But the Badassness always made up for that.

>spends most of his time shitposting on stormfront
>once every year he walks around a monument with a tiki torch, shouting translated german slogans, looking like an absolute retard
contemporary supremacists don't have any backbone

Isn't he the champion of Ares?

The Punisher Max implies he's in the service of a higher being. Same goes for some stories with Moon Knight. It's a great way to tie him in with the general world of Marvel but at the same time can be ignored if you're trying to make street-level stories about the character

>The Punisher Max implies he's in the service of a higher being
No, it's not

God, I'm so fucking sick of these comic book fucking shits.
What the fuck is wrong with making things that are new?

>Hurr what is Punisher Born?

>taking inner voice in Punisher: Born literally
pleb

If you are talking about the "born" origin story from nam' then it implies a demon at best. it could also be seen as him losing his humanity to an extent. It was never really clear and i would not use it as definitive proof of anything.

That's why I said "implied".

The Moon deity, Khonshu, confirmed in Marvel: Team Up, that Punisher already works for "another" referencing the symbol on his chest. Probably referring to the god of death from Egyptian mythology from Khonshu's POV. Probably meant another deity altogether.

The fact that he’s been in ongoing, monthly comics for decades fighting against an endless parade of mobsters, assassins, supervillains, and other criminals kinda proves that his solutions don’t really have any effect.

>punisher isn't anti-war!

>You can't kill every pedophile that means you should leave all of them alone since removing part of the problem doesn't remove all of it

>I want heroes to stop the killing
>I'd kill the Punisher

typical liberal doublethink

They literally do less harm in a year than a BLM terrorist cell does in one night's worth of "peaceful protesting"

kek

>Expecting any semblance of nuance from The Punisher.
He's just a really gritty action hero. As good as MAX, it's still just dumb pulp. Hopefully the writers don't get too pretentious.

Isn't the actor they cast ugly? If he is, not interested in show.

The Punisher has always been hideous.

he does not have to be. he's not like deadpool where face is important part of his backstory.

thomas jane punisher is handsome.

who they cast for series? is he handsome or ugly?

Jon Bernthal.

>Punisher is a character with no depth and you can't take the character anywhere

Wrong. He's as "deep" as any other comic book hero, only on the opposite side of the vigilante question.

In fact he is one of the few characters that doesn't both advocate for taking the law into your own hands AND it being okay because you're a pussy about it and don't kill people.

Punisher is the logical conclusion of vigilantism. So he's great as the counterpoint to Daredevil. As for depth obviously you write stories that challenge his choices.

Show how much effort it takes to use lethal force and not make mistakes. Who's guilty, who's innocent, what makes him the arbiter of moral right and wrong.

Of course the odds they'll do that is close to zero.

>Punisher isnt anti gun!

>he thinks punisher is satire
>calls others stupid

Oh boy.

>Judge Dredd is satire

Yes, but not in the way you'd want. Let's take a litmus test. Do you think Dredd is written so that we're to sympathize with the fat acceptance movement?

>he does not have to be
this is a guy who spent the better part of his life fighting in wars or fighting on the street
if anything they should cast him even uglier

Yet he is ok with Wolverine a hairy manlet that has hacked people to death with his claws and has twice the kill count of the Punisher

Holy shit this is a poorly drawn shootout

I hope it's as good as punisher war zone. Face punch kino

that's anti-military industrial complex not anti-gun

>I would kill the Punisher. I don't believe in what he does.

How to refute yourself in the space of a sentence.

>And if you're telling me he's never hit an innocent, then I'm telling you, that's fascist crap.

Somehow Joss thinks that one man can't judge right from wrong and can't kill the guilty, but also that the state, which consists just of people, can and doesn't make mistakes (or at least implies that it's much fewer).

Just another liberal ethics pitfall and pretzel logic. These are the same people who will shout both "who needs a gun you fascist, just call the cops" and two seconds later "all cops are bastards, fascist pigs never trust a cop".

Dredd makes fun of everyone featured in it since it's a British comic and they understand politics is more than red team v blue team like dumb as dogshit Americans.

How? It sucks how people want Frank to brutalize everything, when he can also play some pretty good mind games.

>Netflix
these pussies cant even arse themselves to say fuck
how the fuck do you expect them to do Punisher justice

It's the comics equivalent of shot reverse shot shootouts in movies

I loved that scene in the Punisher movie, didn't know it was from the comics.

A lot of people hated it, they considered it "out of character. "

I like how aut-righters honestly think pedophiles are some sort social justice thing (even though they've got lots of goony weebs pedos themselves)

I wouldn't call Punisher satire, although he's definitely close to a villain protagonist because his psychology is consistently written as he simply wants to never stop killing people and we're just lucky his victim profile is criminals, unlike most violent anti-heroes who are getting revenge on more aggressive people who messed with them first or are currently endangering civilians, so not exactly someone cops and soldiers should be idolizing

>it's another brainlet doesn't understand that even over the top satire can't make badassery look bad to people with above average testosterone levels
Good bait, would reply again/10.

>Punisher
>anti-gun

B-but one of them was caught in accidental manslaughter when harassed in the middle of a clusterfuck. Surely this is worse than Pol Pot.

Dredd was a satire of Right Wing reactionaries, the Dirty Harry types and the people who worship them.

It also satirized American hegemonical culture - heavy consumerism, political correctenss, what have you.

Liberals and leftists weren't always the pathetic, repulsive joke that they are now.

is upsidedown man some kind of extreme vegan or fanatic lowcal dieter? why is he so afraid of being touched by an ice cream popsicle?

or maybe its that they didnt want to stop making money off of it so they kept making new stories?
idiot

>Dirty Harry types and the people who worship them.
Dirty Harry did nothing wrong.
>inb4 some people involved with the production saying it was ambiguous
Doesn't change a thing.

That's a subjective opinion.

I'm also not talking about the movie, but the comic book.

>And if you're telling me he's never hit an innocent, then I'm telling you, that's fascist crap.
What? What the fuck's the logic here?

I like you. I don't get the mindset it requires to write the sentence you responded to. It's the same as "Why doesn't Batman kill the Joker?" I keep getting the feeling that it isn't tongue-in-cheek anymore.

they need to do this scene but he's threatening Trump instead of Bush

Seriously. God is going to nuke america any minute.

they should get whoever's going to play Death in Avengers 4 to voice "the voice" if they do the Born prequel story

then we can have a storyline where he's the one who cucks Thanos since FOX still has Deadpool

I still don't get why people were receptive to the idea of Frank being empowered by a supernatural entity. To each their own I guess. I don't need an explanation for why an action hero can take so much and give it back in full force.

Why? He never goes too far with guys who can help him get closer to his bigger target that aren't the complete murdering scumbags/henchmen

THE PUNISHER SERVES THE NIGHT KING

Terry Crews as 'Cuda WHEN