Why does this episode trigger so many people?

Why does this episode trigger so many people?

Other urls found in this thread:

simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Boy_Meets_Curl
youtube.com/watch?v=Wi7-Fmx-pJA
discord(dot)gg/CcvWS2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because it was lulsorandumb instead of actually clever, witty, and satirical, like the best of the Simpsons episodes are (were)

D'Oh
WHY YOU LITTLE
EAT MY SHORTS, MAN
DONT HAVE A COW
ARE WE THERE YET? ARE WE THERE YET?
BUURRRP

ajjajaa simpsons es super witty fun

Because someone on the audio commentary said it was probably the start of things going down hill and an army of thinkpiece writing IRL comic book guys are incapable of having a solitary independent thought.

Fuck off you mouth-breathing, shit-eating faggot.

Because they took an established character and instead of expanding on him or his story, they ruined it all for a one episode gag. It's something you expect from a bottom of the barrel Family Guy episode.

Why did they just frame it as a hypothetical, or as Marge telling a story or something? That's how they always do experimental shit.

The simpsons is just boring compared to family guy

because they spent years building skinner as a war hero commander with PTSD

Sneed

Is that Chuck?

They reject the idea that Skinner was formerly Tamzarian just like they reject the idea that Sneed's was formerly Chuck's. It ruines a well-established character for a one time gag.

>people complain about this episode
>I'd better not hear what they have to say so that i can ask Sup Forums

Seymour Skinner
Formerly Armin Tanzanian

It's just kind of weidly easy to demonstrate how and why something went wrong, think of jar jar for phantom menace.

why do people think this? watching the when it first came out i never thought this episode was the start of the end.

It doesn't matter anymore. They made an episode years later that had "fake" Skinner inside Agnes' womb.

It's a meme. It caught on, and now everyone thinks it.

it's kind of a 'can't see the forest for the trees' thing

jesus christ, why do i actually believe that is a real episode

where 2 hear audio commentaries please

The show is basically a "fuck you" to the Usenet crowd and continuity-obsessed nerds, and they didn't like that

buy the dvd's faggot

All that does is put money in the hands of the current Simpsons

just a point break for some people and a pure scully episode

most artists burn out and end up making shit, the only way to stop this is to die young. they sitll made one of the best shows of all time, i tihnk they serve your $20.

that being said, there was a torrent link of the simpsons w/ commentary (s1-12?) that's been floated in these threads before.

I don't htink that's the problem, the comic book character is hilarious, we are able to laugh at ourselves. The material and subject just wasn't handled in a way that made an entertaining and funny episode. It felt cheap and lazy.

simpsons.wikia.com/wiki/Boy_Meets_Curl

remember when Seymour used his green beret training he learned in the military to beat up the disney copyright lawyers

Primarily, because some guy who worked in it said it, that's my point. All this shit about 'ruined muh character' is mostly post ad hoc reasoning. People act like Skinner was an integral character or had some grandiose lore interwoven throughout the series. As i recall the only other major episode prior to this dedicated to him, that being the episode where he gets fired (there are probably more, but likely only 1-2).

You weren't even born yet faggot.

Ugghh, this is worse than that time I met [Celebrity name here]

>HURR DURR HUEE HUEE I'M [Celebrity name here]!

youtube.com/watch?v=Wi7-Fmx-pJA

People hated it because it was the first time The Simpsons truly jumped the shark. Skinners character was informed by his background and when you strip that away and make it all a lie you change what the character is

Kek, reminds me of when this episode came out. Finnish media went crazy, because our capital city got mentioned

This.

He was an integral character, he was the opposite of bart, they guy who got in the way of barts mischief, they guy who handed barts punishment down.
He was a strict hardass because he was a military guy who saw some shit in Vietnam, this was always alluded to.
This episode made him the exact same as bart, but was just pretending to be strict the entire time just because idk randum lol

You're a real faggot user.

He's right though

I C E
C O L D
R A P E

The correct answer had already been given

I just realized that i've been arguing over this for like ~10 years straight on Sup Forums

The first truly awful episode is a Fish Called Selma

I know people like it for meme musicals but it was really zombie-tier. Repeat of an old plotline they'd done many times, awful pacing, Family-guy tier "look, this character you like has sex with fish" gags repeated over and over, aka humor that relied on some rediculous premise rather than clever writing.

>2017
>dvds

Do you have a problem with dvds faggot?

Or he was pretending to be strict to instill in bart the discipline that failed to be imprinted on 'Armin' as a youth, leading to him being a reckless tough in his early 20s-30s that gets drafted into vietnam, to instill the values that his commanding officer, Skinner, had inspired in him during their war service.

> "muh deeb emoshnul stories, fuck subtext in a cartoon booooo"
t. Literally you.

Also, doesn't this just give more evidence and drive the 'fractured war hero' element from his previous characterizations? A man who literally lives the life of his wartime commander day in day out?

I've honestly never understood this bullshit rationalization from retarded neckbeard stroking fucktards who heard about the audio commentary acting like this was some unholy affront of an episode.

fuck you must be poor if you STILL have to rely on dvd's

No one said you have to rely on them youngfag but they're still a good option to have.

> wah wah where are muh audio commentaries.
> pfft wtf why would you ever need dvds lul.

>youngfag
>implying caring about picture quality is an inherently young people thing
lmaoing at ur eyesight

>not having access to private trackers with all sorts of iso's
wewlad

I liked it. I personally thought it was really funny how everyone realized they fucking hate the real Skinner so they send him away.

>proving my point

How to know someone is a true autist: they think all opinions come from some literal who doing a shitty youtube video. The idea has to exist beforehand for the youtube to do an easy pandering video you /t "RLM stick your dick in my ass please" v/ autists.

He completely blew you the fuck out.

That sounds more like a 90s born queer than an autist

Are you fucking retarded? I pointed out it's from a fucking Commentary track that likely predates youtube retards and their videos. Where the fuck did i mention youtube you god damned nut.

This scene redeems it

huh, the animation is still kind of watchable at this point.

The very most recent episodes are flash animation 2005 tier

>let's forget this episode actually happened
>k
then why do it?

this episode has great lines...shame about the Skinner thing.

Other than D'oh, almost all of those were never said unironically past the first two seasons, only in marketing and merchandise

Because the author of Zombie Simpsons said so.

What are you talking about? Nobody in the real DVD commentary for the episode said "this episode marked the downfall of The Simpsons". Why would they say that about their own work? Oakley and Weinstein were defending the episode.

Eat my shorts and cowabanga were said like once in the entire series.

discord(dot)gg/CcvWS2
Sneed?

The "this was when the Simpsons started getting silly" meme is a load of bullshit.