Why was his death never shown? Why did they have the Mexicans do it instead of Anton?

Why was his death never shown? Why did they have the Mexicans do it instead of Anton?
Why all that build-up to show him as a badass and then just dump him like that?

brainlet

Not an answer.

This faggot

It's a subversion intended for pseuds to go, "OMG I didn't expect that! This is not your average blockbuster action flick lol"

I suppose, it honestly confused me because dead Brolin looked like a Mexican and I was waiting for him to pop up when the other characters were saying he was dead.

Because he was the badguy. Anton was the real hero.

Intentional blueballing that blues and blues and blues (like when Ed Tom is apparently going to confront Sugar), all leading up to Ed Tom's revelations about god, and the nature of human society.

>No Country for old men almost had a completely different ending. Joel Coen toyed with the idea that after Moss killed Chigurh, he takes his silenced shotgun, proclaims “Now I am Anton Chigurh” and morphs into him.

So, According to your logic, no movie can do that without having some retarded connotation?

It seriously was a blue ball. I wasn't expecting a happy ending, just an ending that we get to see.

The Coens are a fucking meme.

But we do see the ending. We see the full extent of Ed Tom making his realizations when he talks to Ellis, and tells his wife about his dreams.

shit happens

why does the judge rape and murder the main character at the end of blood meridian?

why does the younger brother in the crossing die in some random fight?

why anything?

One of the overarching themes of the movie is the unfairness and capriciousness of fate. You don’t get to choose what happens to you, at least not in the film’s worldview. By not giving us the satisfaction and closure of seeing Moss’ last stand, the film is emphasizing this theme of frustration and helplessness. We’re deprived of our expectations, just like the characters are.
There's no higher reward for being "good", you don't die of a spectacular glorious death just because you were brave. Just like Chigurh can also get killed at any time and is as vulnerable as anyone else.

This was NOT a story about Moss, this was a story about Tommy Lee Jones' character (Bell). He opened the movie and closed the movie. He was an old sheriff in a new world. He couldn't solve the crime. He was always one step behind. He was dead in a fast paced world. That last dialogue was essential to the story.

>plebs can't decipher a film that isn't nothing but medium shots and exposition with everything spelled out for them

lmao

Yeah, I sort of lost interest in that part. I'm not gonna listen to some metaphor shit about how he dreamed he was in class with only underwear on. I wanted to see what actually happened.

They developed this great story to let it all go to shit at the end.

cant tell if baiting

Because Texas was actually hell

I don't think you understood the point of the movie user

Because the movie is nihilistic shit

The dream part was fucking stupid. Who wants to hear about a person's dreams?

>I'm not gonna listen to some metaphor shit
But why?
>They developed this great story to let it all go to shit at the end.
Tell me what you think Ed Tom's revelations were.

stick to capeshit brainlets

Bait bitch

Why did you quote my post?

But there was quite a lot of extreme close ups of objects and wide shots of the vast landscape though?

People who were frustrated by No Country were probably also butthurt about the way Omar dies in the Wire

It all came down to 'blah blah I dreamed I was too old for this shit and then my teeth fell out'

Might as well just cut to old Danny Glover scenes

>There are people who unironically consider There will be blood better than No country for old men.

Explain yourselves dumbasses?

You did not answer my
>But why?
Do so.
>It all came down to 'blah blah I dreamed I was too old for this shit and then my teeth fell out'
That's only part of it.

TWBB sucked as well. They couldn't take the necessary time to explain that they were using the same actor for two characters and it wasn't a pseudonym or split-personality situation.

Is English your second language?

The average voter in academy awards is like 70 years old. So they make a fucking movie about the fear of being alone and dying

Literally the definition of oscar bait.

Yes.
>They couldn't take the necessary time to explain that they were using the same actor for two characters and it wasn't a pseudonym or split-personality situation.
Lol you've been watching too many animes.

This film is a great pleb filter.

Anyone who gets upset by Moss not having a climactic death shows that it's just too deep for them.

>So they make a fucking movie about the fear of being alone and dying
That's not what No Country For Old Men is about.

What is it about? I meant to say old not alone

The world has always been, and will continue to be, a place full of woes, death, destruction. And all of these things come to whoever it wants to, even Chigurh when he gets into a wreck near the end.

How does the ending monologue fit into that?

It doesn't

It's not even subtle about this by the way. At all.

Watch two scenes again to get the point of the film
The part where the sheriff talks about the contest of man vs. steer, and the last scene

See here

But who was Charlie Walzer?

Wait shit I always forget the movie ends with that dream speech. I meant the scene where cigurgle gets into a car accident. Which is where it should have ended.

Ed Tom has a dream he's in a dark, terrible blizzard. In the dream he sees his father, carrying fire. Warmth, hope of life. In the dream Ed Tom says that he knew his father was going to be up ahead with the fire. He knew there was going to be hope. And then he wakes up. His father is dead, and there is no fire. The world is cold and uncaring of life.

>Tom says that he knew his father was going to be up ahead with the fire.

I interpreted that as his father was about the obvious death that will soon come to them both so his father was leading him into death.

AIN'T NO AGUA
AIN'T NO LOBOS

Death was more a survivors affair than his own.

Jesus fucking Christ. The title is literally 'No Country for old men' how could one misunderstand a movie this fucking bad.

Fire and warmth aren't typically associated with death unless we're taking crematoriums. But even then, if the fire symbolized death then to a somewhat religious man like Ed Tom fire would be hell. Fire and brimstone and all that.

it wasnt written by the Coens, its a novel by Cormac Mccarthy

Fuck you nigger

Bullshit

Bad Things Dont NeeD A Reason to happen user!

>Moss talking to the woman
>Cut
>Ed Tom comes in and finds the woman dead
It's like a piece of the movie is missing and you don't know where did everyone go.

You don't even see Moss being identified. It's like he is gone.

>What you got ain't nothin' new. This country's hard on people. You can't stop what's coming. It ain't all waitin' on you. That's vanity.
Ellis wasn't really talking about Texas, he was talking about the world. It's always been a violent rough place. It always will be. You can try to stem the tide but thinking you're responsible for keeping the world in order is foolish.

No really, they didn't even change the script when they decided to ditch the other brother's actor.

What did the dreams of an old man have to do with the conflict? His dreams had no effect.

Why did you spoil that shit. Now I can't read it. Fuck you

This. I didn't realize he was dead at first. I thought maybe the old sheriff had a ruse going.

this movie gets better and better every viewing

His dream basically means the title of the movie user, it's a complete closure of the narrative.

>Why all that build-up to show him as a badass and then just dump him like that?
That's the point of the movie. There's no longer a place in our world for old men like him.

>it's another NCFOM thread where no one has read the book

Not that that matters considering the film works well enough on its own.

it matters when idiots start giving shit to the Cohen's for bad writing without realizing that it's a fucking movie adaptation

Then you're not reading the thread. The people complaining about bad writing are fucking idiots and wrong. It's got nothing to do with adaptations.

Another case of executive meddling getting in the way of the artist's vision. Sad!

>>>>>>/booksandshit/

It would help if the Coens didn't have a reputation for ending films like shit.

>After all these years, I finally see this is No Country for Old Men

You see the widow having the funeral and Chigurh appears again
So the movie isn't up in the air after all.

How underwhelming and long would it be if Moss makes a last stand and still gets killed