Why has nobody been able to make a well written stronk female character since the 80's?

Why has nobody been able to make a well written stronk female character since the 80's?

they keep trying to write her as a woman instead of writing her as a man

Feminism.. given them an inch they take a mile

>prime Sigourney Weaver will never suffocate the with her thighs and bush

It's the other way around you idiot. The reason why is that screenwriters think masculine attributes are the only ones that make you look strong

Except that Ellen Ripley was originally written as a male character, you fucking dunce.

Did I write that she's a strong female character? Moron

>Did I write that she's a strong female character?
Why are you in this thread if you literally have of worth to add to the conversation? Fuck off now.

the only reason why Ellen Ripley can be concidered "better" than say, Black Widow, is because of Sigourney Weaver and nothing else

B-but Xena

Xena is sexist, b-grade schlock that is made amazing by virtue of its actors

>The reason why is that screenwriters think masculine attributes are the only ones that make you look strong
I made the only contribution worthwhile you fucking nigger

Who was the chick from Conan

She's not a very good actress tbqh
No range whatsoever

how does that matter if she was born to play Ellen Ripley?

why does Sup Forums like this manhating bitch so much?

80's = Ellen Ripley
90's = Sarah Conner
00's = Beatrix Kiddo
10's = ?????

you have 10 seconds to name 10 feminine characteristics that make someone strong
without confusing nurturing for strength. you need to be able to kill an alien with it.

Because they are pandering too much and if falls out stupid and cringy at the end... They need to add moderation but they are afraid they will offend feminist who cant wait to be offended so they can have something to bitch about...

Katniss Everdeen

Because that kind of shit is so forced these days. If they were able to write a character without thinking about how they (the writers, directors, etc) would be perceived by the character they wrote it'd come off as much more natural and believable.

Were in the middle of the virtue-signalling Olympics right now though, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Gun with a sword obviously.

>Beatrix Kiddo

>10 feminine characteristics that make someone strong
But there is basically only one: motherly love. I guess you can break it down a bit into things like loyalty and protectiveness, but it's just one thing really. In Aliens the point was that Ripley was mothering Newt in place of her own dead daughter.

Also the fact that the queen alien was technically a female and mother too made the whole finale really hot.

I don't care if the ass is flat, I masturbated to this scene.

Hermione exists. Ripley isn't even well written, even though I like her.

Wow you sure showed me by posting a shit tier reddit television show reddit. Ripley is written terribly.

Ok bud

normies are intimidated by strong women

You mean 90's...

>tfw we never got a wondie movie with this goddess

Sauce plox.

you are absolutely autistic. as you were told, it's the complete opposite problem. they keep trying to make female characters, especially the "stronk leads", behave like men. they are always incredibly badass, aggressive and macho which is just not how women behave. this is especially seen in capeshit films. the reason ripley works so well is because she's a believable female character with genuine female characteristics. her qualities are all exceptional, but they're in line with a feminine identity

Holy shit. I am not even joking but i know this woman irl.

How big were those two chest bursters?

Are you one of her beta orbiters?

No. She is a relative.

Hermione

Does she bench more than you?

Yes but i'm pretty sure i can deadlift more than her.

imagine being the xenomorph in that scene

They try too hard. Ripley was just a woman following protocol and who knew what should've been done but kept getting stonewalled by Dallas' desire to be the heroic captain and the others' general incompetence. She was just a person doing her job. Even after the alien shows up she's clearly fucking terrified and at one point just starts freaking the fuck out when Mother is about to explode the entire ship, she made it by the skin of her teeth which was the fucking point.

Later, her motivation is to destroy the aliens and then becomes protecting Newt. She can't do the first on her own and is too terrified to go without an army behind her which is entirely understandable. Her subsequent fight for survival is all about saving herself, Hicks, and Newt.

If Ripley were written today, there'd be an obnoxious scene where she demonstrates she don't need no man and can handle the entire situation herself and would've rebuked Hicks' flirtations and instruction with the pulse rifle for a scene where she found house kicks him for wanting to fuck her and then she'd go on a ridiculous tirade about how she doesn't need to be taught anything.

Basically Alien and Aliens are perfect movies with perfect characterization of everyone involved and are masterpieces the likes of which well probably never see again.

Humanity went full retard.

>tell me, what do you feel, when you remember how one woman wanted to kill one black man to save humanity but didn't

And thus truth spoken by unknown man!

However even in the Aliens they had canonical macho-woman. Still she was much better, than any modern feminist character. She was believable and actually could pull her own weight.

Based Linda

would shoot bad guys with/10

but does she have the necessary quads?

>Still she was much better, than any modern feminist character. She was believable and actually could pull her own weight

That's the problem with modern stronk women, they don't look the part. Take WW for example, Gadot lifting the tank was supposed to be a powerful moment but it looked ridiculous because she's sticc af.

Nope. That's how they write a tough female character these days. But the reason Ripley is good is because she was written as a normal male character. She doesn't need to prove herself and no one questions her because it's not written as some sort of fantasy patriarchy where women are oppressed and the tough woman proves them all wrong.

is that alien thing from guardians of the galaxy vol 2 (tm)?

CUTE

but does she have the necessary guns?

Her gender isn't important.
That's it.

They can't give them any flaws otherwise the feminists will end their careers.

Actually, it's pretty well-known that Dan O'Bannon deliberately wrote the Alien script to be "gender neutral". That is, the characters were all of unspecified gender, with the idea that any one of them could be man or woman (or tranny). I think this is the real reason why Ripley was so believable. Deliberately writing stronk woman characters, like they do now, results in...stronk woman characters. Writing a character, and then casting a female after the fact, results in a proper character. Of course, good casting always helps (and they actually had women watch the auditions and choose Sigourney Weaver during casting).

>Why has nobody been able to make a well written stronk female character since the 80's?

>qt gets swole

Thanks for the new fetish Sup Forums.

Want another? Impregnating the swole qt and watching her getting sad for losing all those gains while her belly swells.

You're welcome.

>not feeding her more protons to help her grow bigger

>mfw

Just one SNIIIIFFFFF, is that really too much to ask God?

She was the worst part of the movie.
It didn't felt real man.

>tfw grill has bigger biceps than me

Every single time she had to get in a physical fight with a man she went for a weapon if there was one near instead of trying to match strength with them because she knew it wasn't possible. Even with 6 women pulling on a chain around his neck Max still easily dominated her physically. I thought she was a well written female action hero, she was brave and she was tough but she didn't throw full grown men around like a cartoon.

Wonder woman was actually excellent for female characters. Gal gadot did serious justice. The movie was ok, but the character was very good

I would pause on this scene on my shitty VCR as a child. It was a sexual awakening.

>zero ass

*blocks your path*

god brie is so gorgeous

STICC

REMINDER

Gravity was a good movie.

What about Scarlett Johansson?
She plays the same badass character in every movie!

*90s

Whenever that womans voice is detached from her body I fall in love with it. Especially when she sings.

I liked the movie but i think it's probably shit out of theaters
Also she's a total basic bitch

your pic is totally unrelated

not

it was written unisex you tard

there has been though
I kinda want to say there's a somewhat skewed perception of strong, even in Sup Forums's case
everyone brings up ripley and sarah connor, and they are good examples, but they also play very masculine type roles in unlikely scenarios (fighting aliens or robots)
everyone forgets about the strength that's not nearly as glamorous or obvious
it's a problem that's in the movie industry- for example, people pushing wonder woman as a female role model as if it was the first of its kind despite how intangible wonder woman actually is

That's what OP, said yes.
Dunno why you posted one of the worst parts of Fury Road.

What about John Connor's mom, she is a strong female character done correctly too, right?

Bigger =/= stronger

women have a hard time building actual strength muscles. When you see a swole woman she's juicing and the average guy can outmuscle her.

>Ripley was just a woman following protocol
is such a thing even possible?

>the average fa/tv/irgin with a beer gut is stronger than a trained woman on roids

This is disgusting. Her bush projects farther than her ass.

never bring a sword to a gun fight m8

That beer gut yields a lower center of gravity. Some roidlet woman would tossed.

I'm skinny and when I put on muscle they pop out very visually. But I'm still dainty and weak unlike a beer-gutted strongman.

before niggerculture infected the western world, no one cared how big women's shitters were

good post

wow
she can hold a knife

I mean, if we're simply looking at this based on which one would give you a bonus instead of a disadvantage the gun with a sword would win hands down. The sword with a gun would be significantly less effective as a sword because of the arm sticking out of its blade whereas the gun with a sword functions just fine as a gun but now also has something for close quarter combat.

This

Janey-E Jones

Except western paintings, sculptures, ect. all depicted women with decent and shapely asses, you retard. Don't defend disgusting flat asses.

Take it easy dude, we love her not because of her ass.

Never understood the appeal of muscle girls. What's the deal?