The Matrix I have a low IQ

So are babies in the Matrix just fake? How does reproducing work?

If two brains are implanted in the Matrix and their simulations fuck, they can only give birth to a digital child, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

epb.uni-hamburg.de/erzwiss/lohmann/Lehre/Wint3-4/pe/architect.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

dude, the people that made that cut their own dicks off

They probably monitor people who fuck. Keep a registry and when they want to insert a new baby, the woman gets pregnant.

Or they send an agent to rape someone

The machines just assigned you a fresh baby

Alternatively, it is not "your free will" that made you fuck a girl but the machines will. This has more sense in-universe but is also more stupid.

The 'real world' is a second layer of the matrix, which is why Neo gets the abilities he does at the end of the second movie and the third. The whole human battery scenario was fabricated by the machines so that people who wouldn't accept the matrix could still be kept inside the matrix.

>They probably monitor people who fuck. Keep a registry and when they want to insert a new baby, the woman gets pregnant.
>The machines just assigned you a fresh baby
These. Morpheus explicitly says that humans are grown, so they're either just growing babies and assigning them to people, or they gene splice people that fuck in the matrix and grow children based on that. The latter is probably more likely or children wouldn't look like their parents without additional work to try and find fucking couples that look like the newly grown children.

i imagined they had everyone's DNA on a registry of sorts so when people in the matrix have a baby they just mix both DNAs to get a baby that looks like the parents. either that or they just harvest sperm and eggs from everyone and assign them accordingly when they reproduce.

POSTMODERNISM. NOT EVEN ONCE.

The second you start to think about the logistics of the matrix, it all breaks down. None of it makes sense in any way. The whole idea is fucking retarded because the human brain does not magically generate energy out of nothing. So you run into an impassable wall of bullshit before you even get close to details like reproduction.

The original concept was that human brains were being used as organic CPUs which are running the matrix, but the studios didn't think people would get it.

>The 'real world' is a second layer of the matrix, which is why Neo gets the abilities he does at the end of the second movie and the third. The whole human battery scenario was fabricated by the machines so that people who wouldn't accept the matrix could still be kept inside the matrix.

explain the fire world please, is that the real world or the third layer of the matrix.

Didn't get that either

>fire world
What do you mean? That's just how blind Neo perceives the second level matrix.

>Use humans for energy
>Humans generate energy from food
>Only food the humans have is other humans
>???
>Infinite energy

Explain this shit.

but that means that if it's a second layer of fabricated world something is under that too. So you're saying the fire is something similar to the "code" neo sees inside the 1st layer? an interpretation of a fabricated system? so we have no idea what the "real" world looks like?

The pods with men having wanking machines that shoot the semen to pods with women where they are inseminated. There is a complex system in place to ensure that the semen ends up in the right place, though glitches can occur, so sometimes in the Matrix you can end up impregnating a woman you've never met

Exactly. The real world was never shown in the Matrix, just two levels of the Matrix so that people who didn't accept the first would accept the second and the machines would never lose a single crop, or whatever the hell the purpose of it really was. My guess would be a containment facility for humans.

why didnt the machines just use actual batteries lmao

Well, the result is that their system is equivalent to burning candles over solar panels and then using that electricity to reassemble the soot into more candles. Or simply plugging an extension cord into itself.

You can't. Law of conservation and all. It's impossible to get as much energy out as what's put in to the cycle.

Because batteries don't generate more power than is used to create them without humans digging up the material and assembling them, solar is out because humans fucked up the sky. Dunno why they wouldn't use fusion or nuclear though.

Pic related brings me back. I fainted watching that scene when was a kid.
I checking out one of those mini-cinema rooms some electronics stores have, Matrix was on and I fell over, next thing I know, some girl who worked there was slapping me fiercely.

You can't grow food without the sun.

And you can't grow humans without food.

>what is nuclear fusion

Why wouldn't Neo see Matrix level 2 as code like he sees Matrix level 1?

>Morpheus wakes me up
>About to go into training
>"In hear you will look like your "true self", however you really see yourself
>Enter program
>I'm a big breasted dickgirl fox furry
>Morpheus' face when

They stole everything from The Invisibles and didn't bother to change most of the variables, that's why the movie doesn't make any sense if you examine it

maybe the fire is a "firewall" preventing access to a more vulnerable part of the system.

because the theory that there is more than one layer to the matrix is bullshit. the only power neo had in the real world was with manipulating the machines, because they recognized him. he couldnt fly or bend space or any of that shit outside the matrix

>he couldnt fly or bend space or any of that shit outside the matrix
Well except when he did.

>manipulating the machines, because they recognized him
Why would the machines program themselves to allow their #1 enemy to be able to destroy them with a thought?

The One, by definition, has power to manipulate the machines/Matrix.

No, he can manipulate the matrix because of some bullshit reason about him being OP in exchange for them being OP, there's no reason why he'd be able to do anything to them in the real world unless they literally designed themselves to intentionally.

no, all he did was destroy the sentinels and kinda see when he was blind

could have been a failsafe, phrophecy, 'the one' bullshit, idk. the 2nd and 3rd movies suck and are full of holes

Disneyland is a perfect model of all the entangled orders of simulation. To begin with it is a play of illusions and phantasms: pirates, the frontier, future world, etc. This imaginary world is supposed to be what makes the operation successful. But, what draws the crowds is undoubtedly much more the social microcosm, the miniaturized and religious revelling in real America, in its delights and drawbacks.

The objective profile of the United States, then, may be traced throughout Disneyland, even down to the morphology of individuals and the crowd. All its values are exalted here, in miniature and comic-strip form. Embalmed and pactfied. Whence the possibility of an ideological analysis of Disneyland (L. Marin does it well in Utopies, jeux d'espaces): digest of the American way of life, panegyric to American values, idealized transposition of a contradictory reality. To be sure. But this conceals something else, and that "ideological" blanket exactly serves to cover over a third-order simulation: Disneyland is there to conceal the fact that it is the "real" country, all of "real" America, which is Disneyland (just as prisons are there to conceal the fact that it is the social in its entirety, in its banal omnipresence, which is carceral). Disneyland is presented as imaginary in order to make us believe that the rest is real, when in fact all of Los Angeles and the America surrounding it are no longer real, but of the order of the hyperreal and of simulation. It is no longer a question of a false representation of reality (ideology), but of concealing the fact that the real is no longer real, and thus of saving the reality principle.

The Disneyland imaginary is neither true nor false: it is a deterrence machine set up in order to rejuvenate in reverse the fiction of the real.

Are you retarded? If he can manipulate the Matrix, there's no reason he can't manipulate the machines. Why are you willing to accept the former, but not the later? Neither is given a great deal of justification. He simply can.

It's the conceit upon which the whole movie is founded.

Did you miss the part where The One is explicitly part of the Machines' system? He's important for the rebooting process

he's the "anomaly" according to the architect in an otherwise perfect system
it works 99.9% of the time except for whenever the system they have makes him
they haven't found a way to make a better system than the one they currently have implemented so they just dealt with the one every couple hundred years when he would pop up
rewatch the 2nd movie and skip to the architect scene he describes it pretty well

you have to view the movie not in a mystical aspect but in a technological one because they are just ai and it's all just a program

if they used functional programming, none of their problems would have happened.

they can't
it's not a programming problem it's an interfacing problem
there's never going to be a perfect digital to analog conversion and human minds are analogous

Neo and Smith are side-effects though, anomalies. You dont get anomalies with functional programming. From the scene with the architect, that's what he described them as.

The answer is because The Matrix is a terrible movie series.

>combined with a form of fusion
as morpheus says
the original idea was to use humans as part of a super computer but studio suits thought that was too complicated in 1999

if they can change things like adding walls and shit, I'm pretty sure they can make people think they fucked

America is a fake as Disneyland. It's the same with every country. It's all lies!

he said it was mostly functioning but predictable
they changed a variable though and made it so neo fell in love with trinity
that had ripples and caused one of their own agents to become modified and take over the system and neo to act unpredictably

>they changed a variable though
no, it's just that the other Ones didn't have a singular love interest like Neo did

>its a matrix thread
>its a "trying to explain the """intricacies""" of matrix 2 and 3" thread

they're all Neo
they have the human consciousnesses on file and can download them into bodies that's why agent smith was able to download himself into that one dude in the other world
that's why there was the recordings of him talking to the architect when he was in the architect's room to show that he's just a fabricated thing that can be made again

each One is a different person user, I'm calling the movies' One "Neo" for clarity but I guess I can use Mr. Anderson if you prefer
How does a program copying himself prove the machines just have a databank of every human mind they create in the Matrix?
The tv screens in the Architect room are just Anderson's mental representation, he's basically having his mind read.

You're adding all these extra connections that require extra explanations. Occam's razor user.

I just wish 2 took place entirely in Zion and 3 took entirely on the surface.

no you are
he said it himself that they stopped the rebellion 5 or 6 times already
the oracle isn't reading his future she's the one that fucking programmed him so she's been through this before on all the iterations
she's not a fortune teller she's the creator along with the architect
i told you to stop looking at it mystically and start looking at it technically because it's just a computer program
when's the last time you rewatched the matrix movies because i just watched them 2 weeks ago so it's all fresh in my mind

everything you think is "mystical" is explained very easily by the Oracle and Architect having access to Neo's mind because, ya know, his brain is plugged into the Matrix

I know there are other rebellions and other Ones, but there's zero reason to think Neo is the same person every time. You're inventing this idea that the Matrix programs each human's mind with a personality which has zero support.

Even if it he is, it doesn't matter because what is different this time is his relationship to Trinity. Of course, you think the machines specifically wanted Neo to fall in love this time which is the opposite of how their grand system works.

Don't attack me on how recently I've seen the movies. It makes it seem like you're attacking my ability to reason and if I'd only seem them as recently as you, your perspective would be obvious to me. It's a petty way to argue.

well, yes you can grow food without the sun

you just need light of such and such wavelength

The movie has a lot of idiotic plotholes which are intentionally left there because it would become too complex for the average idiot if they tried sealing all of them. For an example, humans aren't supposed to be "batteries" but rather their brains are being used in the simulation as microchips that yield processing power but making them batteries is easier to explain

i bring up a valid point on how recently you've seen the movies and you say i'm petty lol ok dude
he's the same person because there's footage in the very room of it being explained to him
they don't program every human's mind but they programmed at LEAST Neo, Trinity, and Morpheus since they were the only ones in the movie that had gotten readings from the Oracle that was brought up
the architect even brings up how they changed it this time to have neo fall in love with trinity
they had a catch 22 for him where they said humans can't exist without the machines and the machines can't exist without the humans in the way that they want which you would have known about if you had actually seen the movie in this decade
so instead of having him have to care about all of humanity they made him just care about trinity

The Architect - It is interesting reading your reactions. Your fi
ve predecessors were by design based on a similar predication,
a
contingent affirmation that was meant to create a profound att
achment to the rest of your species, facilitating the function of
the
one. While the others experienced this in a very general wa
y, your experience is far more specific. Vis-a-vis, love.
*Images of Trinity fighting the agent from Neo's dream appear on the monitors*
Neo - Trinity.
The Architect - Apropos, she entered the matrix to save your life at the cost of her own.
Neo - No!
The Architect - Which brings us at last to the moment of truth,
wherein the fundamental flaw is ultimately expressed, and the
anomaly revealed as both beginning, and end. There are two doors. The door to your right leads to the source, and the salvation
of Zion. The door to the left leads back to the matrix, to he
r, and to the end of your species. As you adequately put, the prob
lem
is choice. But we already know what you're going to do, don't
we? Already I can see the chain reaction, the chemical precursors
that signal the onset of
emotion, designed specifically to ov
erwhelm logic, and reason. An emo
tion that is already blinding you
from the simple, and obvious truth: she is going to die, and there is nothing that you can do to stop it

>For an example, humans aren't supposed to be "batteries"
And yet that is explicitly stated in the film

Why would you spend even 1 microsecond of your life contemplating this?

epb.uni-hamburg.de/erzwiss/lohmann/Lehre/Wint3-4/pe/architect.pdf
here's the full script for the scene

no, you cant. wel you "can", you get cucked food with like 15% of the nutrients it would have if grown the proper way.

>humans aren't supposed to be "batteries"

Holy fuck I was just watching this yesterday wondering the exact same shit.

>he's the same person because there's footage in the very room of it being explained to him
it's not "footage" it's all live

>they don't program every human's mind but they programmed at LEAST Neo, Trinity, and Morpheus since they were the only ones in the movie that had gotten readings from the Oracle that was brought up
Here you go making shit up. Your evidence that they are literally programmed is that the Oracle can read them. The Oracle (and Architect) are all about predictions but not in a mystical way, in a mathematical, probabilistic way.

>the architect even brings up how they changed it this time to have neo fall in love with trinity
No, no he fucking doesn't.

The Machines WANT HIM TO CHOOSE TO RESTART THE MATRIX, NOT SAVE TRINITY.

>lol, you haven't even seen the movies recently
stop fucking asserting this, you're not right about it

read the fucking script
i never said the machines wanted him to pick trinity over saving the matrix only that they changed neo and trinity to fall in love

>the original idea was to use humans as part of a super computer
which would have been a fantastic idea, human brains are excellent at parallel processing and it would provide a clear reason to use humans over any other lifeform as our brains are the best there is.

Also would add the "poetry" of having humans be imprisoned in a world of their own imagination.

I have read the script.

>i never said the machines wanted him to pick trinity over saving the matrix only that they changed neo and trinity to fall in love
Why would they do this? It results in him picking her over the Matrix reboot. If the Machines made this Neo in love with Trinity, then they were making him pick her over the Matrix. That is what you're saying. You don't even understand the conclusions of what you're putting forth, I feel like I'm arguing with a literal child with no understanding of cause and effect let alone story telling.

how do I become an agent

I kind of just pictured they had little tubes of sperm and eggs that were gathered and transported in to other pods and they were alerted when POD4218124 mated with POD3485395 and just carried out the transportation. seems like a giant logistical nightmare, wish they went in to more depth on a lot of those technical aspects.

>Matrix is a giant VR program
>The purpose of Matrix is to extract even more computing power out of the consumer of the program
Not much better than the batteries

The Matrix is shit

they didn't tell neo to do it he's an anomaly they can't tell him what to do but they can be prepared for it and have a certain measure of expectation of how he'll act
you're the one acting like a child i'm presenting the fucking script and you refuse to read it and continue to spout shit out of your ass

>you refuse to read it
I keep telling you I did.

> they can be prepared for it and have a certain measure of expectation of how he'll act
exactly, that's how the Oracle can read people it has nothing to do with a mind bank the machines copy paste onto people

>watch the movies, then my point is obvious!
>read the script, then my point is obvious!
if you think it's so obvious, why can't you explain it?

Here is what you need to do or else this isn't a conversation worth having:
1. pull out the line of dialogue and articulate why you think it says what you think it says
2. explain why, for any fucking reason, the machines would want Neo to fall in love with Trinity (which breaks their entire system)

it's basically the terrible "we only use 10%" thing
distract the 10% and you can use the other 90% for the super computer
it is stupid

dude you're not even reading my posts so i'm done
i'm the winner

the machines purpose was basically to spitefully enslave humanity and extract information off them, the movies are just about the nature of mans reliance on tools and the disturbing thought of self governed technology.

>still can't articulate their own point
>winning
you're everything wrong with Sup Forums, aside from /got/ threads

>real world is just another simulation
is there a worse fan theory?

Little pussies like you are why government regulations get put in place for this kind of stuff.

Seriously, what the fuck?

well considering how neo supposedly is a reincarnation they're probably just reusing tons of old dna and just straight up cloning people instead of splicing them together

How does he see Smith then?

That would explain why all the previous Neos looked the same I guess.

But did all the previous Neos meet a previous Morpheus and the gang or different sets of people?

>well considering how neo supposedly is a reincarnation
while it might fit in with all the other philosophical/religious shit they put in, this is never really said

neo isn't the anomaly, smith is, he's the one who's supposed to destroy the matrix, neo is just a safe guard of sorts

it's heavily implied that he is a reincarnation with there being many "ones" throughout the history of the matrix

no, it's just stated plainly that eventually someone rejects the Matrix
6 isn't that many

In the second movie when he talks to the Architect he's shown videos of all the previous Neos and they all look alike.

jesus, are you again?
the screens are Neo's (our Neo's) mind
there was only five Ones before the movie, not dozens

Because they already did to allow him to kill agents with just a thought.

>He's the anomaly that's why it was different they can't control him
>They DEFINITELY 100% MADE IT SO HE FALLS IN LOVE THOUGH, THAT'S NOT PART OF THE ANOMALY

Your "argument" breaks itself.
They didn't change any variable, the only difference is that in Neo's case it was more specific that he would care about Trinity and not the rest. Just like if you run a code forever there's bound to be one moment where one of the variables might screw up, the screwup was Trinity and Neo, and by consequence Agent Smith.

The Matrix trilogy might have a couple plot points that need more clarification, but all these fan theories add so much based on conjecture that it creates more issues than actually exist with the movies. It's a relatively straight forward set of movies. On screen dialogue explains just about every single thing that happens.

I was arguing with that user and starting to doubt my own sanity. Thank you.

How come Smith is so angry and weird before Neo penetrates him? Is that just part of the randomness? Did the other Ones penetrate an agent who comes back too?

Actually never mind, typing that out I realized what was happening. Smith just had a choice and the other agents destroyed by the other Ones just did their duty to get deleted. Still weird that we got an Agent and a One that both did the unexpected in the same cycle.

Are you retarded? He can affect the matrix because when he's in the matrix he's connected to it, there was no wire leading from his brain to the sentinels he made explode in the real world. It's utterly stupid and implausible to say the former requires the latter be true.

there is no extra levels of matrix's, the whole thing about neo being able to stop the machines in the real world stems from a scrapped plot point about the machines using humans for processing power

If I recall they were variables made to work in tandem, but not directly. So if the One that does the unexpected interacts with the Agent, that variable has a chance of messing up and also doing the unexpected, because the variable made to work with it is messed up, depending on HOW exactly it was messed up.

The problem is that the movie couldn't spend too much time talking about that or any of the other intricacies the universe had, simply because it would take too long to explain it in-depth (and I doubt the wachowskis could) and oversimplifying it would lead to Frodo.jpg. Agents most likely have a backup plan that involves making one of the other Agents a "leader" in the case that something like that happens, but then that "leader" was penetrated by the One which in turn made both Smith and the One act unexpected.

>That would explain why all the previous Neos looked the same I guess.
>he's shown videos of all the previous Neos and they all look alike.
Those can't be previous The Ones because:

1. There were more than 6 different reactions to each question/statement
2. If they arr rook rike, The Agents would have known who he was as soon as they saw him in the original

>there was no wire leading from his brain to the sentinels he made explode in the real world

Doesn't exist, both humans and machines had to use wires into the brain to connect.

their only leader is deus ex machina
and smith was acting like a rogue element long before neo entered him