Leftovers

Just finished watching Leftovers. So is this guy oficially rehabilitated now?

The reason this was good, and everything else wasn't was because HBO were the only ones who gave him full creative control

He is still an unmitigated hack and he went into the series saying he wouldn't explain anything because he knew that he couldn't pull it off.

He asked for a fucking Handicap as a god damn writer. Fuck you OP.

is there a more overrated show?

or is it just because everything sucks now that a mediocre LOST / wayward pines ripoff is considered good?

Lost was already great. Leftovers was pure kino. Best HBO show in recent memory

Babies want to be spoonfed every last detail and have all their questions answered. This isn't real life, it's entertainment and it's used to convey messages as a medium.

The people asking for answers to supernatural questions are the same autists who cry about not having the technology behind a star destroyer completely laid out for them so that they can RPcraft in autistic forums.

What did they mean by this?

Best original series of the decade imo

the one thing i found jarring about this show is how unbelivable kevin and laurie were together.
kevin is like a solid 9/10 and laurie looks like my grandma

As a male psychiatrist, I see couples like this all the time. Very good looking males with meh psychiatrist spouse. Must be the mind games

>"lol you're never gonna know the mystery it's like life there are no answers in life man"
>watch show
>finale reveals it's because of a fucking alien abduction

this is the stupidest show ever

stop making threads about yourself damon

This will be glorious

No, it's because I know the writers never had any answers in mind to begin with. It's made for dorks who spend more time circlejerking with their chat room chums and discussing moronic 'theories' than they spend watching the show.

Of course they didn't have any answers in mind, why would they? The fucking show is based on a book, which also doesn't answer shit. The show's driving force is the unfulfilment that comes from the departure. People dont know wether their loved ones are dead, alive or what happened to them. Its what drives them to join cults, get depressed etc. It's what essentially made the show happen...
I just dont see how the fuck it's something that needs to answered in the context of the Leftovers. If it was a proper scifi show, sure, yeah. In a character driven drama? No place for it, honestly.
I guess you could argue that Lost somewhat "conned" people by introducing elements such as the Dharma Iniative, but The Leftovers made sure to not fall into the same trap.

Uh, I'm totally fine with the departure not being explained, it's all the other open ended bullshit in the show that never gets answered.

>Capeshit
>Glorious

God fucking damn I wish we had a seperate board to disguss actual cinema and not just lowest common denominator garbage

it's a leftovers thread what did you expect

,,, Lori looks like Steven Tyler

He did a podcast on Nerdist, he sorta confirmed he didn't have much of a plan after the pilot episode.

>wayward pines ripoff
wew, boy, what a retard you are.

One of the best shows of the past 10 years.

>alien

They were clearly demons

>Watchmen
>capeshit